PDA

View Full Version : Heh, retarded patch!

cide
01-29-2003, 08:37 AM
Heh,

Anyone notice the new netcode in effect? EQ doesnt even feel rite anymore... well since today.

You fucking turn around and just watch your lag meter, it now refreshes to the milisecond, and My sound also seems more delayed, and server side based as well.

patch fucked up alot of things people arent going to notice for some time, I wish they'd just stick to a previous netcode, this new shit isnt worth its buck. I dunno if its just me but I don't like the feel of the game today, its really weird.

Not to mention they fucked GPS Seq up, I had it going nice on the same box with WineX everquest, Like comon...

What the fuck difference does it make as opposed to EQCompanions mapping system? Not a whole lot.

just because it's ShowEQ I guess eh Sony? Fuck sticks.

/rant off.

GL with everything guys, I'm waiting on the Sources for a WineX/EQ Native keysniffer.

cbreaker
01-29-2003, 06:07 PM
I do agree that the game feels different.

When I first started playing, some things were delayed, but for the most part everything was a little more fluid. You could be on top of a hill and see the action down below. You wouldn't constantly see ghost players running around. There's a lot more too. All the oddities seemed to start when they changed it so that we don't get player movement updates when they are far away.

Unforatunately, I just don't think that the old netcode they were using scaled well. We now have encounters that can bring a crowd of up to 100 players into a fight. Even with 60 players at an encounter, we'd have at least 10 people go linkdead during battle because of the fact that there was too much data coming in.

Ever since they started to do this whole new compression stuff, we've had almost no linkdeads and less issues with the people on the crap ISP's.

With the last patch, things have improved somewhat, health updates are working better and such.

Besides for the encryption change, I just don't think that Seq is important enough for them to be purposely mucking with their netcode simply to break seq. That's not the way to stop it.

And on the subject of the encryption change, as much as developer001 might say it was to break SEQ, I personally believe that it was a business descition to stop their competitors from ripping any protocol ideas for use with their own similar games. Obviously they didn't think the plan out thoroughly.