PDA

View Full Version : Last post

vpresti
01-30-2003, 12:43 PM
Ok in a previous post someone asked about the xp moving up every other MOB. well i know you called him stupid Ratt.
Well i admit im stupid, so can you tell me why? cause i just noticed it too! I know im going to get flamed, BUT I did search around these boards and didnt see anything about that topic. Well hopefully somewhere in the flames im about to receive someone will be kind enough to explain why every other mob kill the xp goes up!

TDES
01-30-2003, 01:11 PM
Don't take this as a flame ... but how exactly did you search ?

I think a lot of people refer to surfing the forums as "searching"

Dear god, the developers of ShowEQ can't seem to get ANYTHING right. Now the great experience watching portion of ShowEQ doesn't seem to work. When are they going to fix this?

I typed "not reporting experience" in the search engine and was directed to several posts including the FAQ which had the above answer.

It takes longer to post the question then find the answer by using the seach engine ... I think that's what frustrates people.

Hope it helps ya next time...

vpresti
01-30-2003, 01:17 PM
actually it did, because i surfed to boards. I did not use the search button. See i told you i was stupid. Thank you from now on i will use search first.

uncleubb
01-30-2003, 01:24 PM
How about searching for "xp reported" or "xp displayed". Both such searches led me to this interesting thread:

http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1896

I shouldn't even post this I suppose since it encourages idiocy... *sigh*

S_B_R
01-30-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by vpresti
actually it did, because i surfed to boards. I did not use the search button. See i told you i was stupid. Thank you from now on i will use search first. /sigh

Ratt
01-30-2003, 02:38 PM
WTF? I mean seriously... WTF? What part of "Search" was unclear?

Someone says "Search." There's a button named "Search."

How fucking hard is it to connect those two ideas together? Does it require some sort of mental powers that I am unaware of, and that come naturally to myself and a miriad of other people, that most of you fucking moronic idiots that can't figure out how to search do not have?

Is it some genetic deficiency I am unaware of? Why the fuck is it so hard to think about what you do before you do it? If someone says "Turn left at the next intersection" do you keep going until the road curves left at an intersection? Or do you actually TURN at that intersection? I'm starting to think some of you idiots actually keep going until the road curves or you run into someone else driving a minivan waiting for the road to turn right at an intersection. WTF... really. WTF?

Soul_Rebel
01-30-2003, 03:35 PM
answer:
just take a look at the threads containing detailed instructions on how to install seq and you will no longer wonder. I think it is more like impatient, something that each generation keeps getting worse at, information comes so quickly, no one takes time to actually sit downa and read anymore.

h3x
01-30-2003, 03:47 PM
ever heard the wave file of homer simpson

press any key to continue...
Doh! Where's the any key?...

cbreaker
01-30-2003, 03:48 PM
It sure blows my mind. I mean, when I'm in search of information, I want it as fast as I can get it.

Searching on google or using the "search" function on a forum is obviously the quickest way, because it could be hours or longer before someone replies to a forum post.

/boggle

lostpacket
01-30-2003, 04:26 PM
...we have a search button?

S_B_R
01-30-2003, 04:29 PM
I did tech support for a mom-n-pop ISP for almost 4 years. When I left that job, I swore I would never again be amazed at the utter stupidity of people at large. I figured I had seen and heard it all...

Well, I have been amazed again.... :(

futuro
01-30-2003, 07:22 PM
For sanity's sake, keep this in mind :

If you consider yourself of average intelligence,
BY DEFINITION, it means half the people are
dumber than you.

:D

AND, no system is truly foolproof, because fools are so ingenious

:confused:

dirfrops
01-30-2003, 07:41 PM
Holy shit Ratt...I think the latest patch has pushed you over the edge...sure hes a lazy bum who cant read, but jeesh...even I dont make my kids bleed when they forget to put their dirty clothes in the hamper LOL... calm down and concentrate on the fix LOL...

PS...thanks for all that you do, im sure its not easy, as your rant proves that you have been pushed beyond the realms of sanity...

Damn SOE...damn them to hell

QuerySEQ
01-30-2003, 09:42 PM
Searching......
Searching......

Really depends on what you type in the search bar. You could type "Not reporting" and get almost ever post that has the word "Not" and "Reporting"

Then you add the word Xp and Experience and you get a plethera of reports of "Windows XP" and stuff about "Experience Layers"

/boggle

It all depends on how you search. I normally avoid posting here, based on the fact that regardless of how constructive or how stupid a question is, there is always some F'Tard that wants to just start Flaming on behalf of just wanting to Flame what he/she thinks or believes to be a stupid question, regardless of the relevance.

People that just FLAME to make those that are of lesser knowledge, are themselves of lesser knowledge on other platforms, and usualy get FLAMED for their stupid questions... YET.. when they "know" something that others do not, they hold it over others heads and gloat.. Their "Gloat" is .. "I know this and you dont, you idiot!"

Take this post as a reminder that the stupid question, is the one you don't ask.. Quit making people FEEL stupid, just because in other Enterprises you are made to feel stupid due to YOUR lack of knowledge. Instead, Edjucate and Teach others.

Some of those posts you've made mention to are mighty old.

Others not so.

But as I said.. it is all in HOW you search, and what you put in the search window, and then Click the button.

Don't just FLAME someone just because you think you are better than they are due to your welath of knowledge and expertise..

RSB
01-30-2003, 10:05 PM
"Don't just FLAME someone just because you think you are better than they are due to your welath of knowledge and expertise."

People don't get flamed for having less knowledge about something. People get flamed for not looking at what is infront of their face.

ie
Person 1 "Can anyone tell me how to do x?"
Person 2 "Did you try using Search?"
Person 1 "Yes I tried and didn't find anything"
Person 2 Presses the Search button at the top of the form and types in "x" and enter and gets 5 results and all answer Person 1's question.
Person 2 "Thanks for wasting my time and yours because you have no concept"

Like Ratt says, if you ask them if they used Search and they say yes but didn't find anything and you do it and you find answers either one of 2 things has happened.
1) they lied and really didn't use search
2) they lied and really didn't use search

It is amazing how many people will waste more of their and others time to get some info then it would take for them to
click on the "Search" button

Lost Packet please tell me you are joking.

Ratt
01-31-2003, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by QuerySEQ
It all depends on how you search. I normally avoid posting here, based on the fact that regardless of how constructive or how stupid a question is, there is always some F'Tard that wants to just start Flaming on behalf of just wanting to Flame what he/she thinks or believes to be a stupid question, regardless of the relevance.

People that just FLAME to make those that are of lesser knowledge, are themselves of lesser knowledge on other platforms, and usualy get FLAMED for their stupid questions... YET.. when they "know" something that others do not, they hold it over others heads and gloat.. Their "Gloat" is .. "I know this and you dont, you idiot!"

Take this post as a reminder that the stupid question, is the one you don't ask.. Quit making people FEEL stupid, just because in other Enterprises you are made to feel stupid due to YOUR lack of knowledge. Instead, Edjucate and Teach others.

Seems I have to reiterate this fact every now and then -> I don't flame people because I have more knowledge than them. I flame them because they clutter up the message board with useless posts asking the EXACT same question that's already been answered, so the NEXT time someone does a search, they are forced to wade through even MORE useless posts to find the real information. Everytime some moronic idiot asks a question that's already been answered, and the resulting flames that follow, that's one more thread that's totally useless that comes up when you do a search.

Could I weed out all the useless posts? Yea, I could... but I sure as fuck all am not going to take that kind of time; that's a full time job in and of itself. I don't trust anyone else to do it either, not because a lot of people on here aren't trustworthy, but because what they value as useful and what I value as useful will conflict, eventually.

Contrary to the old cliche, there are PLENTY of stupid questions. "There are no stupid questions" is just a catch phrase teachers in school use to make stupid people feel better. It's not true, only an ego salve for the slower learners. It's all about self-esteem. Guess what? This is the real world and we don't care about your self esteem. It's all in what you can produce... if you are sub-par, then you will fail. Darwinism and all that.

Now, to add insult to that injury: SEQ is not intended for stupid people. If you are incapable of using the search feature, which is exceedingly simple, I DO NOT WANT YOU USING SEQ. I don't know how many times and how many different ways I can say this. If you can't figure out everything you possibly need to know from using the search feature, then you probably shouldn't be using SEQ to begin with.

Now, that is not to say that new questions/problems/bug reports aren't to be posted, because it's inevitable that something NEW will come up, given all the different hardware and software configs. That's fine, that's what we're here for.

What we are NOT here for is to hand a tool like SEQ to you on a silver platter. This software/tool is not intended for the neophyte audience, it is intended for the experienced, seasoned computer user. If you are NOT in that category, and you come here begging help, expect to be ripped apart. That fact is made CLEAR AS DAY on the front page when you first go to this web site. There is no hidden agenda. There is no secret elite that lives here. This site is intended SOLEY and COMPLETELY for the experienced user. If you are NOT that, and STILL choose to come here, that is YOUR responsibility to take the heat for making message board newbie gaffs.

Think of this message forum as the "Nightmare" level of any given game. It's not where you start out, but where you go after you've mastered the other levels, anything less and you are just a glutton for punishment.

Amadeus
01-31-2003, 12:53 AM
SEQ is not intended for stupid people. If you are incapable of using the search feature, which is exceedingly simple, I DO NOT WANT YOU USING SEQ.

What we are NOT here for is to hand a tool like SEQ to you on a silver platter. This software/tool is not intended for the neophyte audience, it is intended for the experienced, seasoned computer user. If you are NOT in that category, and you come here begging help, expect to be ripped apart. That fact is made CLEAR AS DAY on the front page when you first go to this web site.

God I love this quote. /cheer Amen.

(hmm..Ratt seems to be in a fairly good mood from reading this post...makes me feel good in waiting on the fix for the latest screw up of SoE.)

dirfrops
01-31-2003, 06:08 AM
(hmm..Ratt seems to be in a fairly good mood from reading this post...makes me feel good in waiting on the fix for the latest screw up of SoE.)

I don't think SoE actually screwed up...seeing as how this is a cheat program, looks like they got something right. :rolleyes:

who_me_use_seq
01-31-2003, 07:49 AM
For many years I was a skydiving instructor. I started every class with the statement that "The only stupid question is the one that you don't ask." The reason I did that was because I did not want to have to take responsibility for scraping some dumb son of a bitch off the ground because he was scared to ask about something that I had failed to cover because I had assumed that anyone capable of dressing themselves in the morning would know it. And trust me, some of these people had to have had help getting dressed.

Now here is the tricky part ---- This is not skydiving. No one is going to lose their life over SEQ. In this arena there are , indeed some really really stupid questions. One based on the premise that skimming the boards constitutes a "search" when there is not only a search button at the top of the page, but also a link to that button within a strongly worded warning about how to avoid getting flamed is indeed such a question.

Alfred
01-31-2003, 09:09 AM
I agree that 90% of the "stupid" question are simply because the peasants have gotten used to being spoon fed information. "I have a question, I'll post it... Hmm how do I post?" They don't even bother to stop and try to reason out the question, think where you could find the answer.

I also believe that there are another 10% that while they do have brains and some computer savy, they don't know enough about the problem to form the right search.

Do we want to exclude these people.. well to me that is a tough call. ;)

Amadeus
01-31-2003, 10:08 AM
I don't think SoE actually screwed up...seeing as how this is a cheat program, looks like they got something right.

I wasn't talking about the breakage of SEQ, I'm talking about how innefficient various aspects of the game now are after the last patch.

Read the forum COMPLETELY and you'll see what I'm talking about.

uncleubb
01-31-2003, 11:26 AM
Read this [link] before asking any questions. Then use use this [link]. After you have read and used both options, then and ONLY then should you ask your question. If your question is answered in either of those two locations, EXPECT TO BE FLAMED for being too stupid to read. You have been warned.
Just wanted to remind people that this disclaimer IS ON THE FRONT PAGE OF THESE FORUMS. Simple, I would argue Forest Gump level, reading and understanding is all that is required to understand that YOU WILL BE FLAMED for failing to follow such directions...

I only bring this up because, unlike your 3rd grade class, the basic rules on this forum dictate that THERE ARE STUPID QUESTIONS!!!

vpresti
01-31-2003, 11:33 AM
Well OK, first of all I never did see the search button, If you made it a lil FU--ing BIGGER maybe more people would use it. Also, i know i dont ask the most intellegent questions, and i also know that my questions probably been answered. When i was looking for my answer thru the posts, I would read everything, but the final answer on the question...

Example: Patch 1-28-03

When i asked if we were up, and i got flamed because YOU siad i didnt read my own responses.....the fact of the matter is i did. But what happens on every post here is people get off the topic. Like on that post ...who was talking about them learning vc+++ and who is using some new sniffer and a bunch of other bullshit (not saying that its not important info, just not the answer to the question) i get tired of having to read all these other posts that dont apply to my question.

I see that when someone asks a question it gets half answered to the best it can be for like 3 or 4 posts and then people start talking about other mumbo jumbo. so when looking for the final answer. i notice its not fully there. There is more flaming on this site than any other forums!

I mean come on guys....you are soooo damn intellegant( I wish i had 1/4 of your knowledge) teach people instead of destroying em.

I have beed looking for info on how to learn linux and c++ so i dont sound like an idiot, but it is all new to me. so i am slow at it.

we should all work together and i see alot of people do, as long as you have equal knowledge. if someone doesnt then he gets slammed

REMEMBER...even if somone does seach for answers and they are reading thru posts maybe is its sooooo damn easy for you to understand, but not easy for others to understand

You can all flame me all you want, fact is im still here and im learning!

Have fun! and lets get seq back pleeeeaaaase!

Iam_Walrus
01-31-2003, 12:13 PM
Just for shit's and giggles I did a search on "search button" and received 67 hits...

I'm not a dev. I don't know C/C++, Java or even XML - all of which would make me somewhat useful to the community here. I do know the barest essentials of make, PERL and linking which have enabled me to slog my way through SEQ for the last two years. As a testimonial to my cowardice of being flamed and labeled as yet another retard, I've found that the Search button has been my lifeline. I've searched for just about every possible criteria I can think of for each of my problems and I have *yet* to fail in finding the answer I needed, at least when it comes to install/update/debug SEQ issues.

If you're affraid of the flames, then use the craven method of patience and Search - you'll never get roasted that way....

vpresti
01-31-2003, 12:17 PM
Afriad of being flamed haha! no i am not! other wise i wouldnt open my mouth if i was!

ever since i was told to use search, i have been and it has worked for some questions not all. But as i said before. I NEVER EVEN SEEN THE SEARCH BUTTON, cause its soo damn small. i past it constantly! but now i know its there and i use it......

thank you for listening

Ratt
01-31-2003, 12:26 PM
You can all flame me all you want, fact is im still here and im learning!

Have fun! and lets get seq back pleeeeaaaase!

This is actually why I haven't banned your account. You actually do seem to have a desire to actually learn, unlike 90% of the other people asking for spoon fed walk throughs on how to get phat lewtz with SEQ.

vpresti
01-31-2003, 12:35 PM
Ratt thank you for noticing. I really would love to help even though i dont have much experience.

SeqTester
01-31-2003, 01:11 PM
hey who_me_use_seq, Skydiving instructer?
Seems like a good place to pour some chlorine in the Gene pool.
Too many Sheeple!!!

Jillian
01-31-2003, 02:23 PM
Let's sum up this thread shall we?

I know im going to get flamed, BUT I did search around these boards and didnt see anything about that topic.
Originally posted by TDES
how exactly did you search ?
I did not use the search button.
Originally posted by Ratt
WTF? What part of "Search" was unclear?
I never did see the search button, If you made it a lil FU--ing BIGGER maybe more people would use it.
Maybe if this was put at the top of each page...

http://www.gag.org/images/big_search.gif (http://seq.sourceforge.net/search.php?s=)

baelang
01-31-2003, 02:49 PM
When searching on "search button" i should hope that this attachment comes up:

http://members.fortunecity.com/baelang/search.JPG

Cyra
01-31-2003, 03:12 PM
Search is a funny thing...

I hate bothering my brother with questions even though he knows linux back and forth. His exasperated looks taught me the use of the Search/Help/Manual functions without him saying a word.

When I first started learning about SEQ, I had some problems. Most of them were solved with the Search function, and others were answered by Fryfrog and others.

The funny thing was that when I was having trouble with qt-2.3.2 I not only searched on the SEQ site, but also Google. I think it came up with over 2000 hits.

I was ignorant enough to read the first 100:)

/hugs to you all

Cyra
formerly eq_girl

QuerySEQ
02-01-2003, 07:03 PM
I agree, some questions are stupid. I dont ask many questions, mainly because I have the ability to figure them out. When I do, I have done the homework.

Even then, I choose very carefully. I have made many fixes myself, novice as they are. But I get the same results as the DEV people here.

My SEQ right now is functioning normally right now, as I see many people bitch, flame and cuss their way throughout the posts here.

I agree, "Search" is the KEY, slogging through ancient posts as well as new ones is very important in understanding what/who/where has been done or tried.

Search gives a wealth of knowledge. I didn't say "Hand it to the newbies on a silver platter." Far be it, ignore them and just type "Search".

More than likely, This will be my last post as I am deemed "..Another fucking neophyte that just wants to start trouble..",, Am I correct Ratt? That therefore I am bound to be rendered in contempt of the Gods of this Board ( i.e. you ) and left out of future correspondence.

So.. with that said, I bid you all a fond adieu.. Was nice seeing those of you that actually answered peoples questions.. Stay Frosty and Keep up the good work.