PDA

View Full Version : Gps

Nurseling
02-01-2003, 09:48 PM
First off I'm not a coder, but I know this is possible.
I would like to see an option or a diff that would allow showeq to read the log file from the mounted EQ directory.

Then a simple loc would give us a a cursor on the map. Telling us where we are. I know there is some code on the board that does something similiar but I would like to see something a little more straightforward.

HMmm any one want to guess the number of flames i shall receive.

Spook
02-01-2003, 11:32 PM

Let's assume for discussion that SEQ is in a working state as it was prior to 2003-28-01 patch.

What part of the map functionality does not fullfill your purpose ?

There is a map outline for most cases.

There is a block indicating you and (by default) a circle graphic that indicate which direction you are facing.

By default, there are a set of coordinates indicating your position at the top of the map as well as a set of coordinates of the cursor location all updated in real time.

Are you talking about some sort of offline thing where SEQ is not available then to read a log in at a later date in a sort of "playback" of where you were ?

... not getting the point here.

cbreaker
02-01-2003, 11:36 PM
I think he means for when either SEQ is broken or you can't sniff packets for some reason. SEQ could tail your log file, watch for when you do a /loc, and update your position on the map.

It's not a *terrible* idea but there's already some stuff out there that can do this and they run on Windows. I think they use the same .map files from SEQ.

cbreaker
02-01-2003, 11:40 PM
Actually there's a guy that just posted something that seems like it could do what you want to do.

http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2888

I don't have a copy of VC so I can't compile it and try it myself.

BOrg
02-02-2003, 12:37 AM
Actually Xylobot has a map function that will display the map and will update and show your location when you do a/loc.

cbreaker
02-02-2003, 12:40 AM
I was going to mention Xylobot, but it's not free software. It's really cool though. Besides the map it can do a lot of other real cool stuff, and not just for EQ.

CybMax
02-02-2003, 05:40 AM
This is for windows tho.. but working like you say..

http://home.inreach.com/kai/EQCompanion/

Uses .jpg mostly for the map file tho.. But it is quite usable..

SyberWired
02-03-2003, 12:34 PM
I am currently using this as I wade through code and await a working patch of SEQ. It is not too bad, but not the most user friendly, that is for sure.

SeqTester
02-03-2003, 05:05 PM
EQ Companion sucks for maps, they all have trained to work, but it is the best real time log parser I have seen in a long time.

I had a 45mb log file from an old twink and I when I loaded it into EQC I got to watch me lvl and see where I was hunting, Kinda brought back some memmories from my old PVP Life. ;)

I have it running with 3 maps where my GF hunts to where she is bound, all she needs and it helps her tons. I will keep it running for maps till I get Whinge's fix working.

PS: Getting a logtime GPS version of SEQ working is a good idea and I am going to reCVS a new copy of SEQ before aplying patches to new dir. This has happened before and as we all know after it is fixed will go down at some point and having a contingency(sp?) plan is always good.

ST