PDA

View Full Version : New EQGame.exe 4.feb.2003

CybMax
02-04-2003, 05:58 AM
New patch out now.. Got a bunch new files, including eqgame.exe.

Wonder if they have gone back to the old netcode.. hehe (Aye.. one may still live in the hope.. right :)

Anyway.. seems the new key offset is : 0x007c3440 , but dont take my word for it, cos i cannot test this as of now tho..

Perhaps it would be possible to trace differences in packets from 28.01 patch to this one? and figure something out? :)

Well.. keep it up guys..

hawgz
02-04-2003, 08:32 AM
I come up with the same: 0x007c3440

Necro23
02-04-2003, 09:52 AM
No change in SEQ pre-Whinge, post-LoY/netcode changes.
Well, we could hope anyway.

Noticed a new zone go in this patch - Torgiran.

No apparent change in netcode. No idea if there will be
as the release date for LoY approaches.

Best regards to all,

Necro 23

CybMax
02-04-2003, 09:57 AM
Well.. i still tend to believe that the changes in netcode has nothing to do with "breaking SEQ", but rather an attemt to actually improve network utilization..

So.. If the devs have something up their sleeves.. I would be happy to test out a new compile.. hehe

outthere
02-04-2003, 09:59 AM
Looks like new zone is an underground maze. I wonder if it will be a city?

throx
02-04-2003, 01:05 PM
but rather an attemt to actually improve network utilization..

I'd hardly call it an "attempt". More like a massive success. Being on a 70 person raid and seeing packet rates of 2500 is just, unbelievable.

I know you didn't mean it as a slam. Just giving mad props to whoever at Sony/Verant dreamed up the changes.

CybMax
02-05-2003, 03:36 AM
Woot.. that IS good.. I have not attended any big raids the last week, but then i would believe that actually sony came up with sumtin.. Way kewl.

BUT.. That STILL does not mean "No.. lets not fix seq.. lets wait til the next 10000 patches.. in case sony decides to screw seq again".. Sony have now made improvement in packed traffic, and THAT was what they meant to do..

Do the devs honestly believe that IF they put out a new seq code now, sony would mess around and make something "new" just to mess seq up? honestly?

I have no clue about programming, i can say that, so flame me if i am totally off on this, but when a group of programmers work together on 1 project.. they DO talk together dont they? I spent a few hours on the irc channel last night, and nothing was said on the channel AT ALL.. (other than the odd "Look at fist.sk page..").. So i take it the devs got their own "board" or "Channel"? Or some other means to compare what they done or not?

Well.. Keep it up.. perhaps we will see SEQ some time again.. I just hope the devs wont wait on every furure patch EQ gonna have.. Ie. When the new expansion goes live, there is bound to be bug fixes with that.. And as i said before, i really dont think they gonna give priority into "breaking seq" and "perhaps" fix bugs.. (as all the schizo devs seem to think)..

who_me_use_seq
02-05-2003, 08:04 AM
BUT.. That STILL does not mean "No.. lets not fix seq.. lets wait til the next 10000 patches.. in case sony decides to screw seq again"

If you don't like the way the devs are doing it do it yourself. That is the way open source works.

I have no clue about programming,

Then shut the fuck up.

speedphreak
02-05-2003, 10:23 AM
I have no clue about programming
So we can be pretty certain that you didn't disassemble the exe and check for additional code that might be trying to catch people out?

CybMax
02-05-2003, 10:31 AM
Yeah.. i did not disassemble anything.. :)

I was just wondering if the delay was that noone actually HAD decoded the packets, OR if they were afraid that Sony would change the coding again..

Since there is no word of any kind from anyone on a near status, i recon that noone actually have decoded anything.

So.. Keep at it guys :)

speedphreak
02-05-2003, 10:53 AM
Actually I went thru and started working out the decoding of opcodes; I'm sure others have also.

Given that I haven't totally finished and there is another patch tomorrow I'm not going to add to the confusion by posting what I have until after things settle. I'm pretty sure others are thinking the same thing.

CybMax
02-05-2003, 10:59 AM
What makes you think Sony gonna change the packet structures again?

Alfred
02-05-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by CybMax
What makes you think Sony gonna change the packet structures again?

I don't think you are 'getting it', it is pointless to post any fixes to seq if there are scheduled patches coming after a big change. It really doesn't matter if they change just ONE thing in the protocol... I personally would not want to go through the hassle of coding, testing, patching when I know that the world might change again very soon.

SEQ isn't life critical no matter how much people cry and moan, slap the top of their elbow and look like they have to have a fix... it just isn't. So having a patch right after a change wouldn't happen if I was developing for it.

speedphreak
02-05-2003, 11:16 AM
The arrival of an action potential at a synaptic knob opened Ca2+ channels into a plasma membrane.

damn neurons

Xalpus
02-05-2003, 12:30 PM
come on guys there are plenty of log parsers out there that can give you at least a rough simulation of the gps they take all of a couple minutes to hook up.. just use one of them in the interm..

Poncho
02-05-2003, 10:37 PM
Guh - this is gonna get ugly.

The Devs have always done a top notch job in making this project a better one for FREE. These people have lives too. Can people honestly expect these poor souls to live in their closets 24/7 just so you or anyone else can have a fuckin map? This is going a little far IMO.

A few of the devs/contributing members have already stated that there is alot of work to do with the latest changes - why make triple the work just to have a new update every other day? Thats messed up. They cant post their intentions any more clear without painting a picture for those that cant read. Give it time.

Poncho

Xalpus
02-07-2003, 03:22 PM
the devs can paint to?? WELL sob paint me one :P