PDA

View Full Version : item links

chud
02-05-2003, 07:21 PM
From the Developer's corner:

"For those with macros or hotbuttons that use item links.
Because of the recent change to the way that item links work, those of you with such links in existing macros or hotbuttons will need to recreate them to get them to work."

Before you were able to link items to social hotkeys and the like by following the format: [special character][item id][Item name][special character]

Does anyone happen to know what changed? Was it the special character, spacing, ...?

I know it's a bit off topic of showeq, but when the tool was working, it made it easy to sniff the item link syntax.

Thanks for any help.

eq_freak
02-10-2003, 08:56 PM
Well item links currently looks like this:

0026749269B0EBAAzaliil's Ring of Analogies

In this case the ItemID is 26749 for that particular ring.

I suppose the 269B0EBA is a checksum of some kind, that part didnt use to be there before they changed it.

chud
02-12-2003, 12:21 AM
Ah. I saw the checksums and thought they replaced the original itemID. Didn't think it was additive...

The nearest I can figure is that they want a checksum for the text (and the itemID?). I seem to recall that if you change the item's name, the link breaks.

I recall that there is a simple des_string_to_key that takes any arbitrary length string and generates an 8 byte string. Of course to verify this, we'd need to find the DES key.

mvern
02-12-2003, 06:06 AM
If I took a guess, I'd say they probably just take a crc32 of the item's stats and use that. The server would compare the crc in the link with the real one, and if they dont match, have it fail and log it to catch people trying to mine data.