PDA

View Full Version : .

Pigeon
02-11-2003, 04:22 PM
SINS (SINS is not ShowEQ) was around for a while, and IMO was better than SEQ back in the day. When SEQ 4.0 came out, and SEQ switched to gcc3.x, and libEQ.a went with it (which SINS depended on) SINS didn't switch to gcc3.x and had to use the older (and slightly buggy) libEQ.a from the unofficial SoL patch. The admin, ahminus, quit back in March or April or something, and SINS never really recovered. malakin took over, and did a great job, but I don't think his heart was really in it. I'm guessing after PoP it's completely unworkable.

If you wanna check it out, see www.sf.net/projects/sins

Oh, hell. This was supposed to be a reply to this thread (http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2956) but I hit the wrong button. Won't let me delete it, either.

Cryonic
02-11-2003, 04:24 PM
I think most of SINS features were ported back into SEQ (spawn points, etc...)

Pigeon
02-11-2003, 04:30 PM
This is true. However, SINS best feature was the fact that it used a lot less memory/CPU than SEQ. :D

The other SINS feature I'd like to see in SEQ was the fact that you could filter by height, but not necessarily filter to only the ones at your level. SEQ's height filtering says "filter out all the spawns more than x units below me or more than y units above me." SINS height filtering says "filter out all the spawns with a Z coordinate greater than x or a Z coordinate greater than Y." I'd use different ones depending on the situation, but I'd like the option of the SINS system.