PDA

View Full Version : Did Sony win?

Zeppo
02-13-2003, 08:46 PM
n/a

joojooga
02-13-2003, 09:55 PM
As long as the challenge is there I'm sure SEQ will drive forward.

I heard they were going to make a mapping tool inside the game. I wonder if it will be programmed in XML like the other windows. If it shows the map and your current location on the map, I wonder how hard it would be to tweak the code up and make it show mobs too? hmm... They already programmed in an MP3 player so I know the power exists to do such a thing.

-joojooga

smoothielover
02-14-2003, 01:17 AM
they didnt write the mp3 player....its part of windows.....they just make a api call i beleive

and i have network mp3 servers so i still use everamp

fester
02-14-2003, 12:10 PM
I am not a dev.

Zeppo, you want it fixed, you fix it.

I don't get paid for this and I won't fix it to just have it broken again any number of possible times between now and 2 weeks after LoY launch.

I enjoyed figuring out the changes when they broken it, but I wouldn't enjoy repeating this any number of times a week.

I am betting the devs agree.

Also, what was broken the day of the change was well documented on the posts here, use the search.

JooJoo, the XML is like a web page format file. You can't add things that are not already there without hacking the eqgame.exe binary. You can't hack it as it is checksumed and some sections (random) are set to the server for verification each login (or is it zone, I forget.) So, NO you cant add mobs unless they (SoE) enabled the ability to add mobs. That is something I am betting they didn't do. But they have done so many things via LoY that I was betting they wouldn't do to EQ that I could believe it.

Zeppo
02-14-2003, 12:53 PM
n/a

CybMax
02-14-2003, 06:17 PM
I don't get paid for this and I won't fix it to just have it broken again any number of possible times between now and 2 weeks after LoY launch.
I enjoyed figuring out the changes when they broken it, but I wouldn't enjoy repeating this any number of times a week

Does this mean you actually have a working SEQ?

Cryonic
02-14-2003, 06:27 PM
I think he fixed his own copy at one of the previous breaks (Kunark, Luclin, etc...) and not after this latest round (reread what he said).