PDA

View Full Version : Ummm....

Hüpfer
02-14-2003, 07:03 AM
Well...I'm sure I will get flamed, but have to post this anyway.

I never was a user of ShowEQ, so excuse if I don't know too much.
well I started reading this board from time to time at the time of "exp nerf patch" when some people posted some exp-information. well..seems like this wasn't really continued, was it?

But...another thing really bugs me.
I just read that SEQ isn't working since mid-January.

Is it *somehow* possible that SEQ worked for certain persons about a week ago? Or is there any known program out there that might have similar functionality?

Why?

Well about a week ago I was "happily" camping Loroks in PoS together with a Ranger.
After a while a group sets their camp directly beside us (how rude!) and their SK is also starting to pull the froggies.
Now initially I wasn't afraid or something because I thought "I have a Ranger with tracking, they don't!"

But I was so shocked when that SK a few times started running in the same second into exactly the same direction as "my" Ranger did.
Sometimes he was even faster than the ranger with his tracking.

I really wondered how the hell a SK could stand at the camp...then pretty much beelining to a random (?) spawn and pull it without really looking for it.

For me it was clear that it must be a SEQ user, but now I read that SEQ isn't supposed to work...?

CybMax
02-14-2003, 08:19 AM
U never know.. perhaps he figured out the code himself and patched SEQ.. SEQ is a open source, so if you got the knowledge you could code yourself and use it to gain an "edge" while the general masses of SEQ users dont have it woriking..

Could be :)

tamasine
02-14-2003, 08:41 AM
Macroquest can also do tracking i believe..
t.

BlueAdept
02-14-2003, 10:26 AM
It is possible that the SK was 2 boxing with a tracking class on the other box.

Just because someone makes a beeline for a spawn doesnt always mean that he is an SEQ user. My friend who 2 boxes with a ranger and a monk seems to be able to get to the spawns just as fast if not faster than I can with SEQ (when it was working).

Ankan
02-14-2003, 10:26 AM
MacroQuest can do "tracking" sort of. There is features so that you can target nearest and have the character turn to where it is. But seems not as a track is in Ranger/Druid/Bard style. Though I just skimmed through the documentation very quickly now, but that is what I found out from it. Might be more of it.

/Ankan

S_B_R
02-14-2003, 10:57 AM
You could write a macro in macroquest to act exactly the same as in-game tracking. Right down to having it tell you "some_mob_01 is ahead and to the left" and etc...

Actually you could make one better than in-game tracking because macroquest also has prediction. So if the mob is moving it will predict out ahead of it. Throw in a little math and it could be possible to give very accurate pursuit angles