PDA

View Full Version : Unknown Spawns

Freakyuno
02-16-2003, 10:01 PM
Dear SEQ Guru's,

LoL. I am just getting into the world of Linux, I have an RH8 out of the box installation, and an EQ maching running windows XP Pro

I have sucessfully compiled SEQ on my RH8 installation, and it seems to work great in GPS mode.
I have checked the latest md5sum of the libEQ.a file and it matches mine. I did a search of the forums for the latest offset in Mvien's thread.

I am trying to understand some of the options in SEQ to get it to function properly.

First: I am trying to determine the different termanology being used between "offset" and "session key"
If I input the session key manually, does that eliminate the need for a Key sniffer on my XP box?

Second: I have done my research on the forums here, and I cant get a definitive answer regarding my Unknown Spawns problem. It actually Decodes my player in the spawns list, but not my player stats, the map actually loads correctly upon zoning, but spawns are always unknown. From what I have read this is either an issue with NOT running a sniffer on my EQ Machine, or The fact that I compiled SEQ under the default 3.0.5 QT that comes with RH8.

I am only 3 days into Linux for the very first time, and I apologize if the answers are infront of me in the forum somewhere. I'm trying to understand the concepts behind the linux terms, and so far, there is some I just dont get.

CybMax
02-17-2003, 04:00 AM
The "Session key" changes every time you zone i believe so you would need some "live" update of this key to make it work at a usable speed.

Only way to do this as of now is to use the keysniffer..

Ref. http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2826&highlight=session+key
to why you "have" to do this
Also check the threads here : http://seq.sourceforge.net/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=12

And RH8 with the QT that comes with RH8 works with SEQ. Dunno of it is "optimal", but everything works without any major hickups for me tho..

Freakyuno
02-17-2003, 01:26 PM
Thanks CybMax.

Using the the information you gave me, I actually compiled a keysniffer and am running at full speed.