PDA

View Full Version : Animate Spawns

Dragonbane
02-17-2003, 05:09 PM
Animate Spawns option is not working for me with Feb 16th CVS. Using RH8.0, Qt 3.0.5, have animate spawns and fast machine turned on, it works for all of about 20 seconds upon zoning then the mobs start blinking instead of smoothly walking from point A to point B.

Searched in Helpdesk and Development using keywords animate spawns and no recent entries since last year. Any ideas or is this a known bug right now.

Thanks!

rencro
02-17-2003, 05:59 PM
JESUS H. CHRIST

emmt33
02-18-2003, 04:59 AM
I tried your proposed solution rencro (I prayed), and it didn't work :p

Then again, I think I know where you're coming from... of course we're extremely grateful that multi-coloured skittles are now appearing, /cheer mvern, and maybe should be patient while the implementation is made more complete?

If it makes you feel better Dragonbane, I see an effect similar to you following the last cvs update, as if Animate Spawns isn't working. My guess is it's nothing to worry about right now, just chill and enjoy :)

Catt
02-18-2003, 06:09 AM
It's likely that movement info is not being picked up yet, so the animate doesn't know which way to animate and doesn't, then you get a location update and they jump.

But hey, that's just a guess. ;)

slartibartfast
02-18-2003, 07:06 AM
Looking at a diff of the latest patch, you can see that the velocity information in the Mob position update packets has been removed, or the encoding has changed and is currently uknown. Thus it is not possible to animate the spawns because we do know how fast or what direction they are travelling in.

I am just happy to have some coloured dots to watch again. When the new packet structures have been fully decoded I am sure the devs can get showeq back to the way it used to be, but until then be happy with what you get.

KaL
02-21-2003, 06:29 AM
I noticed that when I first zone in, PCs are animated.

If that helps any.