PDA

View Full Version : No MOBS

Scorpius
02-18-2003, 04:15 PM
I ran the patch that mvern posted (thanks a bunch mvern, I built my ShowEQ box after it went down, so I never got to see what it actually looked like until today) but I'm not getting any MOBS. Now, I'm fairly sure this is because the IP address in my keyring.ini file is incorrect (I must have misread the guide I found here, and after reading it again to make sure I did things right it clearly says "ShowEQ IP address"). So I used the search button to see how you obtain the IP address in Linux. Found the answer in "Noobs Guide to Key Sniffers" which states:

"Under your ShowEQ machine open a Unix console, and type 'ifconfig'."

Now I assume this is a terminal window, start-system tools-terminal. So I open up a term window and type the following with this result:

[root@localhost root]# ipconfig
bash: ipconfig: command not found
[root@localhost root]#

Did I do this correctly? According to the instructions in the guide, seems fairly simple. Or did I use the wrong terminal? Is there a "Unix console" inside Linux?

I'm currently using Red Hat 8.0 and my libEQ.a and Offset are both current, I checked. Apologies for such a simple problem guys.

Scorpius

*Flame suit on*
*Potion of fire resistance taken*
*Resist fire cast*

Walk into Naggy's Lair...

*sigh*

high_jeeves
02-18-2003, 04:18 PM
I mean, you are kidding, right?

Seriously? This is a real question?

"Under your ShowEQ machine open a Unix console, and type 'ifconfig'."

[root@localhost root]# ipconfig
bash: ipconfig: command not found
[root@localhost root]#

Read the 2 quotes.. read them slowly..

--Jeeves

Ratt
02-18-2003, 04:28 PM
I bet I can hear the "DING DING DING" all the way over here when it goes off....

Bob the builder
02-18-2003, 04:29 PM
This place is cheaper then a night out in a comedy club.

I love this board. Keep up the laughs folks, your killing me here.

/wave heading home to show my wife this post, she laughs almost as much as me over this board.

high_jeeves
02-18-2003, 04:45 PM
Can we make this one sticky, Ratt? I mean, I've been doing this for quite a while, but this one blew the top off the "HUH?" scale...

--Jeeves

Freakyuno
02-18-2003, 04:46 PM
From the output shown, I could make a reasonable guess that the problem is the cables between your ISP and your Linux Box.

Not totally sure, but I bet if you call your local ISP and have them run a loopback trace to your machine, then have them send you the packet logs, you'll find your answer.

The logs can be quite large, dont be daunted though, spend the time to go all the way through them.

SlowNLazy
02-18-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Freakyuno
From the output shown, I could make a reasonable guess that the problem is the cables between your ISP and your Linux Box.

Not totally sure, but I bet if you call your local ISP and have them run a loopback trace to your machine, then have them send you the packet logs, you'll find your answer.

The logs can be quite large, dont be daunted though, spend the time to go all the way through them.

Also make sure to check the sniffed packets for malformed headers pre and post encyption.. Sometimes it bit shifts the wrong direction..

BUT SERIOUSLY.... The guy is gonna re-read his post and kick himself in his own ass for either A. making a typo ... or B. Typing the wrong command...

I suppose if ya never made a mistake in typing lines of code, then by all means bust out the napalm and light his world.. Otherwise, can't we just point out his typo and move on?

Sometimes I wonder if this is the only enjoyment some people get....

BTW - Wonderful job in continuing the VI/SoE Dragon slaying lore

PS Scorp ... its *** ifconfig *** NOT *** ipconfig ***

Scorpius
02-18-2003, 05:17 PM
Sorry guys... my fault...
Dammit...
I have just been (and rightly so) humilitated into reading a bit more carfully...
Please forgive this thread...

Man do I feel stupid !!!

Scorpus
(Mega LOOSER)

Freakyuno
02-18-2003, 05:20 PM
Also on a serious note:
The Ifconfig tool is an option install. I have ended up with installs of both Redhat and Mandrake that were missing the ifconfig and I had to go track them down.

Scorpius
02-18-2003, 05:56 PM
Still no MOBS.

Run keyring...
Keyring.ini is setup
current offset
Linux IP address (duh, I still feel like an idoit...)
Keyring even seems like it's sending the key
But no MOBS...
Map works fine.
Any ideas?

Scorpius

*Flame suit on*
*Potion of fire resistance taken*
*Resist fire cast*

Walk into Naggy's Lair...

*sigh*

Freakyuno
02-18-2003, 09:59 PM
Check your firewall settings. On RH8 a firewall setting of medium (default install) prevented my XP box from reaching my linux box with the sniffer data.

Aurelius
02-19-2003, 08:09 AM
Scorpius, I had the same problem. I did the CVS update and all but I couldn't get anything other than GPS. Then I manually inserted Quackrabbit's code into opcodes.h. Then I started up and had mobs and all again. http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2995
this is the thread that contains Quackrabbits code. Read the whole thread as he makes a correction to one of the codes farther down the page.

SlowNLazy
02-19-2003, 12:44 PM
Before I say ANYTHING, let me stress what has been pointed out TIME AND TIME again.... SEQ now uses QT3.... so you should be using QT3.. as in upgrading your box to use QT3.. Got that? QT3 k? thanks

anyways.. confirmed latest CVS will still work on QT 2.3.2 and kernal rev 2.4.7-10 ....

With that said, Im not doing support, I aint helping, I aint doing nothing cuz the FAQ says we should be using QT3.....

oh .. hint to no mobs .. cuz it took me like 20 mintues to realize what a dipsh1t i was .... make sure you are using the CORRECT offset....

"Rule Number 3: Only repond when requested"
/bonk