PDA

View Full Version : Error in Compile

sequsr1
02-18-2003, 05:24 PM
Greetings all. Since I saw the update, figured I would attempt a build of the newest CVS.

Running QT 3.0.5 with all of the required libraries installed.

Do everything I have done in the past in relation to the build, but am receiving an error about half-way through.

libtool: link: warning: library `/usr/lib/libgdbm.la' was moved.
g++ -D_REENTRANT -O2 -Wall -g -ggdb -DDEBUG -finline-functions -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT=1 -DDISPLAY_ICONS=false -DICON_DIR=\"/eq-icons/\" -o showeq main.o spawn.o spawnshell.o spawnlist.o spellshell.o spelllist.o vpacket.o editor.o filter.o m_spawnshell.o m_spawnlist.o m_spellshell.o m_spelllist.o m_editor.o packet.o m_packet.o interface.o m_interface.o compass.o m_compass.o map.o m_map.o util.o experiencelog.o m_experiencelog.o combatlog.o m_combatlog.o msgdlg.o m_msgdlg.o player.o m_player.o decode.o m_decode.o skilllist.o m_skilllist.o statlist.o m_statlist.o filtermgr.o m_filtermgr.o mapcore.o category.o m_category.o compassframe.o m_compassframe.o group.o m_group.o guild.o m_guild.o netdiag.o m_netdiag.o logger.o m_logger.o xmlconv.o xmlpreferences.o m_xmlpreferences.o seqwindow.o m_seqwindow.o seqlistview.o m_seqlistview.o zonemgr.o m_zonemgr.o spawnmonitor.o m_spawnmonitor.o spawnpointlist.o m_spawnpointlist.o spawnlistcommon.o m_spawnlistcommon.o spawnlist2.o m_spawnlist2.o itemdb.o m_itemdb.o gdbmconv.o -L/usr/lib/qt3/lib -lqt-mt -lpthread /usr/lib/libEQ.a /usr/lib/libgdbm.so -lz -lpcap -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/lib/qt3/lib -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/X11R6/lib
interface.o: In function `EQInterface::setTheme(int)':
/home/jgkowalk/showeq/src/interface.cpp:5214: undefined reference to `QCDEStyle::QCDEStyle[in-charge](bool)'
/home/jgkowalk/showeq/src/interface.cpp:5248: undefined reference to `QSGIStyle::QSGIStyle[in-charge](bool)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [showeq] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/jgkowalk/showeq/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jgkowalk/showeq'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
[root@localhost showeq]#

Any ideas? Any and all suggestions for assistance are greatly appreciated.

Was going to attempt to update the libgdbm as it seems there is an issues with that. Or was going to attempt to update the actual QT version, but wasn't sure if that would help either.

If any further information is needed, let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Dedpoet
02-18-2003, 11:37 PM
You don't have all of the required packages installed. From the error, my guess is you're missing the qt-devel package, but I couldbe mistaken. Did you install all of the packages listed in the INSTALL.newbies file?

sequsr1
02-19-2003, 05:57 AM
Checked and found that I did indeed have qt-devel installed when I built the box. Thank you for the reply though.

Going to continue working on this one today. Frustrating. heh

Cryonic
02-19-2003, 10:30 AM
From the beginning error:

This must be a Mandrake box. From what I understand the version of QT that comes with Mandrake won't work with SEQ.

sequsr1
02-19-2003, 11:49 AM
Guess I should have mentioned that in the first place. My apologies.

I did download the QT version 3.0.5 from Trolltech and successfully compiled / installed it.

I was compiling seq with 2.3.2 for the longest time and it was working beautifully on this machine. However, with the last CVS, I moved my QT path to look at the 3.0.5 install and began receiving these errors.

I may just go back to 2.3.2 and see if I can get it working. However, from what I know 2.3.2 is on the way out and seq will be required to use at least 3.0.5 and above.

Not sure if I should take a step back or download the latest version of QT and compile it.

At work right now so not much I can do anyway. :(

Cryonic
02-19-2003, 12:49 PM
Just out of curiousity, what does the SEQ configure script spit out when it goes looking for QT stuff?

sequsr1
02-19-2003, 01:02 PM
Here ya go. At home on lunch. :)

[root@localhost showeq]# ./configure
creating cache ./config.cache
checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking target system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking whether build environment is sane... yes
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... yes
checking for working aclocal-1.4... found
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake-1.4... found
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... found
checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... no
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for g++... g++
checking for supported compiler version... yes
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (gcc ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C... yes
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for c++... g++
checking whether the C++ compiler (g++ ) works... yes
checking whether the C++ compiler (g++ ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C++... yes
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc -E
checking for working const... yes
checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... (cached) yes
checking for Cygwin environment... no
checking for mingw32 environment... no
checking for ld used by GCC... /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for /usr/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/bin/nm -B
checking how to recognise dependant libraries... pass_all
checking for object suffix... o
checking for executable suffix... no
checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output... ok
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for strip... strip
checking for objdir... .libs
checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
checking if gcc static flag -static works... no
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.lo... yes
checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... yes
checking whether the linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate
checking whether stripping libraries is possible... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking if libtool supports shared libraries... yes
checking whether to build shared libraries... yes
checking whether to build static libraries... yes
checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... no
creating libtool
checking for supported libc version... yes
checking for extra includes... no
checking for extra libs... no
checking for libz... -lz
checking for X... libraries /usr/X11R6/lib, headers /usr/X11R6/include
checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... yes
checking for libXext... yes
checking for libpng... -lpng -lz -lm
checking for Qt... yes
>> Found version.: 3.0.5
>>> Headers......: /usr/lib/qt3/include/
>>>> Libraries...: /usr/lib/qt3/lib/
>>>>> Workable...: -*{ YES }*-
checking for Qt MOC... yes
checking if Qt compiles without flags... no
checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... yes
setting Linux pthread compilation options
checking for pcap_open_live in -lpcap... yes
checking for gdImageCreate in -lgd... no
checking for gdImagePng in -lgd... no
checking for inflate in -lz... yes
checking for gdbm_open in -lgdbm... yes
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for deque... yes
checking for size_t... yes
checking whether to build with decryption... yes
checking for libEQ.a in /home/jgkowalk/showeq ... no
checking for libEQ.a in /home/jgkowalk/showeq/. ... no
checking for libEQ.a in /home/jgkowalk/showeq/./src ... no
checking for libEQ.a in /usr/lib ... yes
checking for InitializeLibEQ in /usr/lib/libEQ.a ... yes
checking whether to enable debugging code and flags... yes
checking whether to build with optimization enabled... yes
checking whether to build with code inlined... yes
checking whether to build with profiling... no
checking whether to build with Berkeley DB3... no
checking whether to build for use with the test server... no
checking for rpath... yes
updating cache ./config.cache
creating ./config.status
creating Makefile
creating src/Makefile
creating maps/Makefile
creating conf/Makefile
creating conf.h
Success!
Please run:
make
[root@localhost showeq]#

Cryonic
02-19-2003, 01:33 PM
hmm, ok it finds qt3 stuff all together in the same set of subfolders (/usr/lib/qt3). Since it doesn't argue about gcc and g++ then you must be running either MK9 or RH8. Makes me wonder if the libs and SEQ are being built with the same compiler (since I've seen these errors when they are being built with different versions of gcc).

sequsr1
02-19-2003, 04:17 PM
Running Mandrake 9.0

Now that I am home, going to attempt a compile using the 2.3.2 version and see what I get for errors or completion.

sequsr1
02-19-2003, 05:34 PM
Yet again...2.3.2 works like a champ. SEQ is working perfectly.

Not sure what I am going to do when it requires 3.0.5. Probably rebuild my linux box.

If anyone has any insight on why it isn't compiling on 3.0.5, would appreciate it.

Thanks again all for all your work on this project.

Iam_Walrus
02-19-2003, 06:03 PM
_NOT A DEVELOPER_

Isn't QCDEStyle::QCDEStyle part of the Motif package? Do you have QMotif installed? Isn't this error indicative of a header file issue? Something's tickling the back of the skull on this one...

high_jeeves
02-19-2003, 08:02 PM
At the risk of disagreeing with Walrus, and therefore being wrong by default, those classes are part of QT. They were (for whatever reason) left out of certain builds of QT on certain distributions... There is a patch somewhere on these boards that will deal with that issue specifically... since it looks like you already got it up and working, I wouldnt worry about it for now.. if you need to build against QT3 in the future, seek out the patch..

--Jeeves

Iam_Walrus
02-20-2003, 12:15 AM
You're risking disagreeing with my questions? You still wonder about how I could possibly consider you a "fucking idiot?"

sheesh...

sequsr1
02-20-2003, 05:47 AM
Ahhh....thank you high_jeeves. I figured it was something small of that nature since the build of QT 2.3.2 was working perfectly.

When seq requires 3.0.5, will probably just rebuild my linux box and go with a suggested build of QT from Trolltech.

Again, thanks for the assistance. It is appreciated.

Morannon
02-20-2003, 08:01 AM
I use a mandrake box, and get this error - what I do is edit interface.cpp, look for the case statement containing these 2 entries, and remove all the code in them, so in effect making these 2 styles the same as the default.

I dont use a style other than the default so this is no great loss to me.

YMMV.

high_jeeves
02-20-2003, 09:19 AM
I just thought it was funny walrus.. every time I see a post from you, it is making up some new facts, for no reason at all... QMotif? That doesnt even exist... Motif isnt used at all in ShowqEQ, and rarely in Linux...

Dont post when you dont know what you are talking about... going to end up with a bunch of questions from people on where to find the correct version of QMotif to install...

--Jeeves

sequsr1
02-20-2003, 11:11 AM
Sounds good Morannon. I will try that when I get home. Would rather move toward using the newest QT build then going back to the old one.

Will let you know what happens. Thanks again for the assistance.

Iam_Walrus
02-20-2003, 11:24 AM
You really need to have your login changed to "fucking idiot," you moron...

I just thought it was funny walrus.. every time I see a post from you, it is making up some new facts, for no reason at all... QMotif? That doesnt even exist... Motif isnt used at all in ShowqEQ, and rarely in Linux...

http://doc.trolltech.com/3.1/qmotif.html

How stupid are you really? Since Motif (specificly QMotif) is part of QT, how is it that an obvious GENIOUS like yourself figures that seq doesn't use it? Let's see, the error that the fellow reported that it couldn't find a class function that comes from QMotif...

How you've managed to function in society for this long amazes me.

Now, at least I had the balls to admit I didn't know the answer, tried to give what quick input I had to see if someone with actual knowledge could advise, but all we get instead is more of your smoke and mirrors bullshit.

high_jeeves
02-20-2003, 11:36 AM
How stupid are you really? Since Motif (specificly QMotif) is part of QT, how is it that an obvious GENIOUS like yourself figures that seq doesn't use it?

QMotif is part of the QT/Motif extension layer.. not part of a standard QT distribution.. Motif, IS NOT QT.. IT IS 100% different.. Motif is a GUI layer written a LONG time ago, and still in use on some commercial Unix hardware. Motif is NOT free software... please get a clue about what you are talking about...

Let's see, the error that the fellow reported that it couldn't find a class function that comes from QMotif...

Really? Where does it say that? QMotif doesnt come into this thread until you mention it... as a matter of fact, if you search any standard QT install (including your own), you wont find QMotif..

Now, at least I had the balls to admit I didn't know the answer, tried to give what quick input I had to see if someone with actual knowledge could advise, but all we get instead is more of your smoke and mirrors bullshit.

Really? I gave him the exact answer... it is related to a broken QT install on ONE distribution of linux... somebody else on these forums has created a patch for it... spending 30 seconds looking for it would show you that...

How about this, I'll just make something up too:

The original error message has the letters SGI in it.. The problem is, you are trying to install ShowEQ on an SGI.. please dont do that..

Does that work better? I just make up some semi-intelligent sounding facts to help?

--Jeeves

Iam_Walrus
02-20-2003, 12:16 PM
Hey, I only read what I read from the makers of QT and I've foolishly figured that they know their own product more than you.

So I looked up the class "QCDEStyle" and found this: http://doc.trolltech.com/3.1/qcdestyle.html#details

Since the doxygen-styled documentation trolltech uses says that this class inherits QMotifStyle, my non-developer little pea-brain then makes the rather logical assumption that this class is defined by QMotif. Hey, it isn't, but QMotif _is_ being called. Here's the line from the header file for QCDEStyle:

#include "qmotifstyle.h"

What's that? Oh wait, you need further proof because you simply deny and expect that denial to make your desires true: http://doc.trolltech.com/3.1/qcdestyle-h.html

Now, you're telling me that QMotif isn't part of standard QT? Then how does QT ever compile if QMotif isn't included but is #include'd?

I can admit I don't know C/C++/JAVA, but I can at least read the documentation provided by the developer of a product. I can read simple errors like:

/home/jgkowalk/showeq/src/interface.cpp:5214: undefined reference to `QCDEStyle::QCDEStyle[in-charge](bool)'
/home/jgkowalk/showeq/src/interface.cpp:5248: undefined reference to `QSGIStyle::QSGIStyle[in-charge](bool)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

and realize that the first errors seen:

are warnings which can be ignored, but the linker failed at the undefined references.

As for your "exact answer," you vaguely mentioned something somewhere on these boards and referenced QT - no shit! You're a genius! The library I originally quoted comes from QT as you've been so roundabout in proclaiming after I gave you the link.

In all the posts I've seen from you, the only thing I've ever seen you offer are results from searches within this forum. To what end have you ever actually attempted to dissect a problem on your own? Can you even fathom the idea that just once, you may be wrong?

Name change, dude, embrace it.

high_jeeves
02-20-2003, 12:51 PM
HAHAHAHAHA... you have been taking lessons from board lizard..

QCDEStyle inherits from QMotifStyle

So, explain to me how QMotifStyle = QMotif = Motif?

I'll do this very slowly for you:

QCDEStyle is an object that describes a layout and look and feel package to make QT applications use the same widget styles at CDE.

QMotifStyle is an objef that describes a layout and look and feel package to make QT applications use the same widget styles as Motif.

Guess what QPlatinumStyle, QAquaStyle, QSGIStyle, QMacStyle, and QWindowsStyle do?

QMotif is a class that allows developers to rapidly move an application which was previously written in Motif to be changed to QT.. it does this by allowing legacy Motif widgets to be used from within QT.

#include "qmotifstyle.h"

Explain again how this includes QMotif? It includes QMotifStyle...

As for your "exact answer," you vaguely mentioned something somewhere on these boards and referenced QT - no shit! You're a genius! The library I originally quoted comes from QT as you've been so roundabout in proclaiming after I gave you the link.

In all the posts I've seen from you, the only thing I've ever seen you offer are results from searches within this forum. To what end have you ever actually attempted to dissect a problem on your own? Can you even fathom the idea that just once, you may be wrong?

Since you clearly arent bright enough to do this on your own.. here is the exact same problem, and the exact patch that will fix it.. FROM THESE FORUMS... guess how I found it? I searched for the exact error that was present in this post..

http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1550&highlight=QCDEStyle

I can admit I don't know C/C++/JAVA, but I can at least read the documentation provided by the developer of a product.

Its quite clear you dont know these languages... However, it is also quite clear that you cant read documentation....

I can just imagine all the people with any development experience are absolutely howling with laughter right now... you are wrong, I am right.. you have no idea what you are talking about... its all quite simple, and obvious..

--Jeeves

high_jeeves
02-20-2003, 12:57 PM
Sorry, I missed this special little tidbit:

Now, you're telling me that QMotif isn't part of standard QT?

FROM YOUR LINK:

This class is defined in the Qt Motif Extension, which can be found in the qt/extensions directory. It is not included in the main Qt API.

Yep, you read that documentation oh so well...

--Jeeves

Iam_Walrus
02-20-2003, 01:24 PM
For someone so profoundly knowledgeable, explain your earlier statement:

QMotif? That doesnt even exist...

So you've spent the entire morning on google grasping at anything you can to strike at me. You know, this all started by me asking _questions_ based upon logical assumptions derived from the stated errors. I wanted to figure out _why_ the user had the error, not whether someone could be able to find a convenient patch posted in this forum.

Did I read the information? Yes. After stating that I am not a developer, it is logical to assume that I probably misunderstood. That's one of my biggest peeves about attempting to learn software is naming conventions. So Motif != QMotif != QMotifStyle, hey I'm fine with that. Had you actually known that information before a few hours ago, I would have appreciated the correction from even such a moron as you. The problem here is that you're still slighted by me not supporting your push for special rights because of your sexuality, so you take any chance to snipe me. I can tell you're not a developer. I work on a tools team for a company that employs close to 500 C/C++/JAVA devs, and unlike you, they understand the root of such problems and give the real world answer, not quotes describing basic functionality from websites they just found using SEARCH.

Oh, hey, congratulations on finally using a search engine outside of this forum!

Had you merely said from the get-go, like a person with any actual knowledge would have, that I was adding too much together and confusing separate software, then explained why I was wrong, you may have had some credibility. Unfortunately, you merely snipe and then run to find any information you can to turn this into an endless game of semantics. I could care less that there is a patch that works for edge cases, I want to know the "why" of it. Knowing the "why" will help me in figuring out future problems of like issue where there is no patch.

What differentiates us is that I admit my lack of knowledge and try to learn. You, on the other hand, talk a big game but don't know shit. I tell you, man, it's ok to admit you don't know everything. People aren't going to hate you for not always having the answer. People are going to hate you for being a fucking idiot though...

Oh, and I've got to know this, do you even know what a linker error is? We'll never really know the answer, because you're just going to run and look it up, but really man, honestly, do you?

high_jeeves
02-20-2003, 01:42 PM
You truly are a moron...

1) I am a software developer.. going on 17 years now...

2) I have been writing code in QT for over 2 years now...

Had you actually known that information before a few hours ago, I would have appreciated the correction from even such a moron as you.

I knew this information more than a year ago... and, just for fun.. show me any possiblity for the case that:

Motif == QMotif == QMotifStyle.. i mean, isnt it obvious that these are all different things? They are all named differently, usually that is enough for me...

I can tell you're not a developer.

Well, I'm afraid you are just plain wrong.. ask anyone around here...

I want to know the "why" of it. Knowing the "why" will help me in figuring out future problems of like issue where there is no patch.

Pretty sure I said the why of it in no uncertain terms, in my very first post in this thread:

They were (for whatever reason) left out of certain builds of QT on certain distributions...

People aren't going to hate you for not always having the answer. People are going to hate you for being a fucking idiot though...

Guess what... I had the answer here... period.. it was the correct answer, with all information except a direct link provided... dont get all pissy because you didnt have the capacity to understand the answer... the original poster clearly understood it, and thanked me for the information... people are going to hate you, because you have no capacity to have a discussion with another person without calling them names... again.. you were wrong, i was right.. which one of us does that make the idiot?

Oh, and I've got to know this, do you even know what a linker error is? We'll never really know the answer, because you're just going to run and look it up, but really man, honestly, do you?

LOL.. like I said.. I've been doing this for 17 years now... the question is, do YOU know what a linker error is? I mean, its when LMotif isnt in the right place, isnt it? Or is it because of the SGI hardware? Or perhaps a linker error occurse because of something you were unable to read correctly in the vendor documentation...

What differentiates us is that I admit my lack of knowledge and try to learn. You, on the other hand, talk a big game but don't know shit.

My favorite quote of all time.. lets see.. in my first post, I gave the correct answer, with all information.. in your first post, you made shit up, that was totally unrealted to the question at hand.. then, it took you a number of posts, constantly posting incorrect information, before you would admit that you were wrong... its sad, really...

--Jeeves

Iam_Walrus
02-20-2003, 03:11 PM
I made shit up? Like the non-existant QMotif? Remember that one? For developing in QT for two years, one might logically assume you wouldn't make such a statement. One might also assume that you could do better than cut and paste descriptions from a website and hope to pawn them off as an original idea.

If you've been developing in QT for two years, why weren't you the one with the edge-case patch? Did you offer advice on it? Do you actually have any contributions other than pointing out what has already been posted in these forums? I'll give you that you're good with search, but you're piss-poor with substance. Hell, you can't even get your stories straight.

high_jeeves
02-20-2003, 03:36 PM
I made shit up? Like the non-existant QMotif? Remember that one? For developing in QT for two years, one might logically assume you wouldn't make such a statement.

Yes.. you made shit up... just because there happened to be a class out there in an obscure extention to the QT toolkit that matched the shit you made up, that doesnt mean that didnt make it up... I'm sure I can come up with a letter/word combo off the top of my head that also exists as an object name in some obscure programming package somewhere.. that doesnt make it relevant.. you were talking about Motif, and then said is QMotif installed.. QMotif is a class in a library.. it isnt something that gets installed.. and it has NOTHING to do with Motif in the first place...

I have been developing in QT for 2 years, Java for 7.. there are hundreds of QT classes, and thousands of java classes.. I dont know ever one of them.. no developer does... in addition, QMotif exists in a package that I have never used before, since I dont deal with legacy Motif applications (not in the standard QT install)...

If you've been developing in QT for two years, why weren't you the one with the edge-case patch?

Umm.. because somebody else did first? About 8 months ago.. in reaction to a problem he was having, on his version of Mandrake.. which I dont run... So, if your question is, why didnt I come up with a solution for a problem I had never had, or seen before, before somebody who was having the problem and solved it, posted the solution.. well, I think the answer is quite clear... telepathy isnt a strong point of mine..

I'll give you that you're good with search, but you're piss-poor with substance. Hell, you can't even get your stories straight.

Well, then you clearly havnt been around here long.. I solve problems here all the time, what exactly do you do? As for keeping stories straight, you are the one now claiming you didnt make something up when you started talking about Motif, and QMotif? You were fully aware of the QMotif class, in the obscure QT extension library, and honestly thought that installing it (as if that were even possible) was the solution to this problem? Please... stop digging yourself into a deeper hole.. you sound more and more like board lizard with every post...

--Jeeves

Iam_Walrus
02-20-2003, 04:45 PM
:confused:

So it's OK for you to be wrong by simply saying you don't know every class out there. It's OK for you to shoot your mouth off without knowing what you're talking about (sic. "QMotif? That doesnt even exist...") and then have the nerve to make some point about shooting my mouth off when I don't have the requisite knowledge? I think I made that point clear with my very first post here that had nothing to do with you. I voiced my (misguided) questions and you had to lay in on me?

You're no saint, pal, and you've shown yet again what a hypocrite you are. The only thing you've proven so far is that you greatly desire to be an elitist, but fall well short of the bar.

high_jeeves
02-20-2003, 06:08 PM
QMotif? That doesnt even exist...

My comment was related to the fact that there is no product named "QMotif" to "install" that was causing the problems.. perhaps the problem in this discussion is that you still have no idea what you are talking about... leave this one the the developers.. In the context that was being discussed, I am 100% correct... QMotif doesnt exist... it happens to be a class somewhere, but so is just about any other string of characters out there... for example... here's a loaded question for you... does "PatientSecurityService" exist? No.. it sure doesnt.. but wait, I am looking at exactly that on my work computer right now.. guess that exists too.. When I jokingly talked about LMotif earlier... that doesnt exist.. it was made up... but wait.. somebody, somehwere might have it as the name of a class in their code... so I guess you cant say that doesnt exist either.. perhaps its easier to just say that everything exists, since it might be a phrase that appears in some code somewhere...

You just dont have a clear enough concept of what you are talking about to argue this point... That has been proven over and over again by your adept skills at reading technical documentation.. Accept that, and move on...

You're no saint, pal, and you've shown yet again what a hypocrite you are. The only thing you've proven so far is that you greatly desire to be an elitist, but fall well short of the bar.

Wait, Mr. "You dont agree with me (even when I am totally wrong, and pulling words completely out of my ass when I have no idea what the hell I am talking about), therefore you are an asshole" is talking about elitists... I mean, talk about a hypocrite...

--Jeeves

Surak
02-21-2003, 04:45 AM
loooosers.

SlowNLazy
02-21-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Surak
loooosers.

Shhhh ... I need something for my coffee breaks