PDA

View Full Version : CVS Down?

Sneaky
02-18-2003, 07:04 PM
Been trying all day, and I get Connection timed out errors...Anyone else getting in?

LordCrush
02-18-2003, 10:05 PM
Working - what cmd do you use ?

Sneaky
02-19-2003, 07:40 AM
cvs -s:pserver:[email protected],net:/cvsroot/seq login

The reply i get is the following

Logging in to :pserver:[email protected]:2401/cvsroot/seq
CVS password: (enter)

Then it waits maybe 60 seconds and I get

cvs [login aborted]: connect to seq.sourceforge.net (66.55.250.209):2401 failed:

Connection timed out

I get this every time I try. I have used the same command since SEQ 4.0 and it has always worked in the past. The only diffence is this would be the first time I had udated SEQ using redhat 8.0 but the initial checkout worked when I installed SEQ the first time so I wouldn't think that would be the reason.

I can connect to the web and such...no problem...

LordCrush
02-19-2003, 07:46 AM
Hmm have to check against my installation at home ...

as a workaround you can download a Tar here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/seq/

Btw have you tried

ping seq.sourceforge.net

and

ping 66.55.250.209 ?

Dedpoet
02-19-2003, 08:18 AM
Sneaky, are you behind a firewall?

Sneaky
02-19-2003, 12:04 PM
The only firewall I am behind is the one in my router, and like I said, I have been able to checkout and upgrade in the past.

It pings fine

Sneaky
02-19-2003, 05:38 PM
Does that tar ball include the fix from 2/16? I downloaded and updated but get nothing, no GPS functionality, not squat...

Iam_Walrus
02-19-2003, 05:54 PM
What's your output from 'env' on the command line? I'd be interested in seeing what you may have lurking around in there pertaining to CVS. Also, I'm seeing the smiley face emote from the command you supplied. Could you edit the post to disable smiles? Or, what I use to work with the seq CVS part is this:

unset CVSROOT
export CVSROOT=:pserver:[email protected] :/cvsroot/seq
cvs login (press enter at password)
cvs co showeq
cvs update -P
cvs logout

Could be that you're leaving out "cvs.seq.sourceforge.net" as I see you supplied "seq.sourceforge.net." Dunno if they have something that resolves that part for you, but it seems the first thing I'd personally try...