PDA

View Full Version : Funky Characters

darkzadez
02-20-2003, 02:36 PM
Error First, Apology After:

After installed Showeq, and running it, It comes up fine. I then load my character and get he following errors:

expected 26, received 54
expected 156, received 190
expected 396, received 1079

and then all the text characters shift to an alternate character set. I have been keeping my linux release up to date ( redhat 7.3 ) and had qt-2.3.2 installed. I installed 3.1.1 when the switch was made, but still receive the same errors.

To me and my limited linux experience, I think that my compiles are bad, do to an inproperly installed QT or GCC3 / G++3. Or the possibility of something now conflicting with some new update that occured. My plan is to reload Linux tonight and re-install all the packages.

With that being said, I was only curious if anyone else had run into this, and if any of my assumptions were correct.

Apology:
I do my best not to post here. Between the search function and tenacity I have always been able to make this work, but this time I am at a loss, and could not find anything on the boards close to this. I do assume it was my machine and am goign to re-install, but wanted to get some advice from the pros.

Thanks for your anticiapted time.

high_jeeves
02-20-2003, 03:03 PM
Did you get the most recent update, and go through all steps of the rebuild (including 'make install')?

--Jeeves

darkzadez
02-20-2003, 03:29 PM
Aye I did.

export QTDIR /usr/bin/qt-3.1.1
export CC=gcc3
export CXX=g++3
make -f Makefile.dist
./configure
make
make install

Am at work right now, but will go home and do a fresh install again and report if there is any change.

Iam_Walrus
02-20-2003, 03:33 PM
More important than compiling the new source, did you get _all_ the new source? What jeeves is asking you without being verbose is, did you:

- Download the new libEQ.a and run md5sum to make sure it's the correct version as posted on the front page of the forums?
- Properly update from CVS?
- Compile/install?

It's easy to forget libEQ.a updates.

high_jeeves
02-20-2003, 03:39 PM
I would just do a clean extract.. your libEQ.a shouldnt be a problem, since it hasnt changed since October, and the error being generated doesnt seem to be realted to this... it is quite possible that you modified a source file in the interim period, and now CVS isnt updating that file correctly.. just blow away your showeq dir, and rebuild/reinstall...

--Jeeves