PDA

View Full Version : Patch monday night

Choofer
02-20-2003, 03:29 PM
Looks like the patch we were warned about will happen after the weekend. We had best use this great program while we can..

Choof

wizard
02-20-2003, 05:05 PM
Makes sense since LOY release day is monday...

SlowNLazy
02-21-2003, 12:42 PM
What's the odds they will fix that "delay" when someone zones in?

Takin' bets with younger sisters or twin sisters only...

lane
02-21-2003, 04:36 PM
I'm betting someone will have SEQ fixed and working within 24 hours of the patch. :) We know you can do it.

-Lane

Amadeus
02-21-2003, 05:46 PM
LOL ..you're on the wrong board man. MacroQuest (and other memory altering programs) are the ones in trouble on Monday.

My anticipation is that SEQ will only experience some offset changes and maybe a couple other things. I can't imagine them introducing a brand new netcode along with a new expansion all at once...but, I could be wrong I guess.

Also...the new code that is affecting MQ and others such as it shouldn't really affect keysniffers...or, the one I use anyway, since I'm not changing any offsets or altering memory in any way.

Mvern is here though. Mvern > all.

(Note: I work on MQ myself, so this is not a MQ bash ...it's just how it is.)

Rhonwyn
02-21-2003, 06:12 PM
Well, how are things going on test? If SEQ is hosed on test, then we'll be hosed on Monday. There has to be someone on the board who's in the beta test for LoY. Can they chime in as to whether or not we just need a new offset or will we be another week seq-less?

mvern
02-21-2003, 06:37 PM
Netcode is changed a little bit on test, nothing really bad tho. Will be interesting to see if it goes live as it is now, tho.

Amadeus
02-21-2003, 10:13 PM
Well, how are things going on test? If SEQ is hosed on test, then we'll be hosed on Monday. There has to be someone on the board who's in the beta test for LoY. Can they chime in as to whether or not we just need a new offset or will we be another week seq-less?

I think it's asking a lot for devs to be playing on test and worrying about things there.

I'd much rather keep the stress load down for all the devs, especially our newer ones that are active players.

Combining their brilliance, I doubt anything couldn't be overcome.

Rhonwyn
02-22-2003, 06:16 PM
Mvern has posted a few times on the status of SEQ on test. So I was just trying to get him to do that again, which worked. I wasn't trying to say that the devs should play on test or do anything that they don't already do.

Yes, they do a great job and even try to stay ahead of the curve by using Test.

Mr. Suspicious
02-23-2003, 11:08 AM
Mvern has posted a few times on the status of SEQ on test. So I was just trying to get him to do that again, which worked. I wasn't trying to say that the devs should play on test or do anything that they don't already do.

Yes, they do a great job and even try to stay ahead of the curve by using Test.

Perhaps if Mvern posts about the progress every 5 minutes, he'll have it finished faster?

Jel321
02-24-2003, 07:59 AM
I didnt get much of a chance to play with seq on test since it was last patched by Mvern, but it was semi messed up for me.

Scorpius
02-24-2003, 09:10 AM
and on average, how long is SEQ down during one of the expansion/major patches? Having not gone through too many of these. Just curious.

Scorpius

LordCrush
02-24-2003, 09:15 AM
Depends on the number of "bits" that have changed and the time the people, who have the knowledge to fix it, put into it ...

Borscht
02-24-2003, 05:37 PM
I'll offer a bit more specific answer to that question. Though I haven't actually kept track, it seems that it's down for about two days to a couple weeks.

In general a week or so I'd say, though this is just my subjective recollection and I have no concrete data.

All loozers may now flame at will. Thxla~