PDA

View Full Version : error during make of seq

LinuxDummy
02-22-2003, 12:44 AM
clean install of redhat 8.0.
using qt that came with rh 8.0.
i got libpcap cause it was missing, but everything else seemed to be included.

./configure was ok, but during make, i got:

m_packet.cpp: In member function `void EQPacket::zoneEntry (const ClientZoneEntryStruct*, unsighned int, unsigned char)':
m_packet.cpp:1775: Internal compiler error in global_alloc, at global.c:441
Please submit a full bug report, with preprocessed source, if appropriate.
See <URL:http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/> for instructions.

can someone help? please don't flame me or say use the search function or anything less than constructive. thanks

high_jeeves
02-22-2003, 01:06 AM
Internal compiler errors are commonly caused by faulty hardware... since it mentions global_alloc, I would guess either a memory, or bus problem... how much/what kind of RAM is in this machine?

--Jeeves

LinuxDummy
02-22-2003, 01:27 AM
how do i check what kind of ram it is or if my hardware is faulty?

384mb ram btw. abit bh6/celeron450

Manaweaver
02-22-2003, 06:58 PM
Well, if its the case of your RAM, then try taking out all of your sticks and compile with only one in... if it doesn't work, try changing the stick out until it compiles. When you've found one that works, you've got good RAM. Unless you're using this for more than SEQ, then you don't really need a whole lot in there.

Catt
02-22-2003, 10:28 PM
If you think you may have bad RAM check out:

http://www.memtest86.com/

Stand alone memory tester.

LinuxDummy
02-23-2003, 01:55 AM
Yes, it was bad memory. Alas, that memtest86 was too complicated for my feeble brain to figure out, so i just popped out a stick of ram and tried to make. Lo! It worked! Oh happy day! THANK YOU THANK YOU

Manaweaver
02-23-2003, 10:29 AM
Glad to hear it worked out fine =)

With all of the mad RAM production that happened, I would expect to get a bad stick of RAM occasionally nowadays. My flatmate just had a bad stick of Mushkin, I laughed at him, but the point remains the same... Test your RAM for full performance as soon as you get it. If it isn't behaving properly, RMA the little bugger. =) RMA the RAM... bah to abbreviations.