PDA

View Full Version : No Offset?

Blind Aviator
02-24-2003, 09:06 AM
Am surprised the new offset hasn't been posted yet??

This is assuming there is one (always has been when new EXE was patched)..

LordCrush
02-24-2003, 09:09 AM
Get eqgame.exe, get a debugger and feel free to post it :D

Vertigo1
02-24-2003, 09:37 AM
Offset: 0x6b4dc8

keendevil
02-24-2003, 07:31 PM
So when they change the game client is there usually more to come with the re-orientation of getting showeq to work than just the offset?..(i.e. downloading updates, patches, etc)

sokachu
02-24-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by keendevil
So when they change the game client is there usually more to come with the re-orientation of getting showeq to work than just the offset?..(i.e. downloading updates, patches, etc)

You serious? its questions like this one that make me wonder how some people can even dress them selfs, let alone compile seq. Ever hear of compiling an updated key sniffer and by god maybe even checking for yourself?

http://www.macsrule.com/~seqfaq/seq-faq.html#4.5 Click that link and try reading it.

z26o
02-24-2003, 11:01 PM
keendevil -
To answer your question, it depends on what changes were made to the exe. If they change anything about the way data is handled (encription, data structs, compression, etc) then the devs need a little time to work out the changes. If all they do is some maintance type of work then most of the time all you need is the new offeset for your sniffer.

/sigh - all this flaming is getting me down...

Surak
02-24-2003, 11:58 PM
Thanks for the posting of the offset, now that the new offset is out, the last old one that is no longer any good can finally be posted on the main SEQ page.

sea4th
02-25-2003, 12:01 AM
Thanks for the straight up answers. Most of us expected SEQ to be broke anytime we see "downloading eqgame.exe" -- but there have been times when new eqgame.exe required only a new offset or some minor tweaks to get going again. It is good to hear that the new code / data stream is not dramatically different but a single bit change is all it takes to break it. I am still peeking at the code to see how it all works -- the opcodes or program instructions from EQ are fairly clear but getting the compressed and encoded packet into a readable form requires more time with the source. I did some searching for flow chart or data flow or program structure to get some idea of where the packet is received and then filtered (decompressed) and finally decoded -- I got a lot of useless hits and left wondering why search is broken for 30 seconds. (Hint : use the back button on the browser to fix it.)

While this is broken maybe someone with the knowledge and permissions could start a sniffer poll - do you use the dll attached code which sends only the new key, the timed interval code, and how many use a VB front end to simplify the sniffer. Hmm search put me in that Iraq / US thread which I did not read but I did not see any "poll" type postings there either. Maybe I'm searching with the wrong keys "making polls".

/twitches

Jillian
02-28-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Surak
Thanks for the posting of the offset, now that the new offset is out, the last old one that is no longer any good can finally be posted on the main SEQ page.
ROFL! Yeah whoever is in charge of the main page isn't too good with that. oh well thank goodness for Seach! haha

keendevil
03-01-2003, 11:44 AM
Thanks z26o for the info, thats exactly what i needed to know!

sokachu on the other hand..

You serious? its questions like this one that make me wonder how some people can even dress them selfs, let alone compile seq. Ever hear of compiling an updated key sniffer and by god maybe even checking for yourself?

I obviously know we'll have to do more than just a new offset for the LoY patch, since its been said a miillion times that SEQ is broken. My question was referring to how often it requires more than an offset when these things happen.

Think before you flame, moron..you give pikachu a bad 'other' name.

:D

sokachu
03-01-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by keendevil
I obviously know we'll have to do more than just a new offset for the LoY patch, since its been said a miillion times that SEQ is broken. My question was referring to how often it requires more than an offset when these things happen.

Think before you flame, moron..you give pikachu a bad 'other' name.

You obviously know seq dev team will have to do more? Hows that because someone told you, or did you read the message board? Yet you still have to ask the question.

SEQ is not broken, its currently not functioning properly. :)