PDA

View Full Version : Mob Spell Buffs

Raistlin
02-26-2003, 04:04 PM
To make a long story short, i'm interested in knowing whether or not a mob casts a spell if there are no PCs around...the whole if a tree falls in the forest and there's no-one around to hear it does it in make a noise.

Also, if mobs do cast spells when out of site of PCs, is there a packet that is sent to the client for that spell casting, or is it only sent if/when there's a PC near enough to see it. (And is this packet encrypted or not).

To make a long story long, i'm trying to figure out if it'd be feasable for me to look into writing an addition to SEQ to show the buffs that a mob currently has on itself. I learn code best when trying to add to it..:)

Anyway, any info someone can post on this would be appreciated...:)

--Raistlin

Circles
02-26-2003, 04:08 PM
mobs keep themselves at full buffs, server CPU time permitting

kmaszk
02-26-2003, 04:25 PM
that would be a kick ass add on, DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

high_jeeves
02-26-2003, 04:34 PM
Just like PC spells, you only "see" them cast if you are in range...

--Jeeves

kmaszk
02-26-2003, 04:40 PM
yes that is true, but it would be really cool, if show eq showed you the buffs on a mob, well don't get people started, there is a lot of cool things seq should show another example, the loot a mob will drop

domesticbeer
02-26-2003, 04:49 PM
Loot is only sent to the client looting it when you loot it. not before.

Raistlin
02-26-2003, 04:50 PM
Thanks Jeaves,

I kinda figured as much but I wanted to check to see if I could get that confirmed. Oh well, best laid plans of mice and men I guess.

And Kmaszk...um, ouch. Yea, well SEQ USED to do that (show mob drops) but um, it hasn't in a LONG while...which, um, you'd know wasn't possible any more if you'd, well, err, read the board FAQ that EVERY HUMAN HERE should have read before posting...:)

Had you posted the question "Why doesn't SEQ show mob drops?" Well, lets just say it would be a much uglier reply you'd be getting..:)

--Raistlin

kmaszk
02-26-2003, 04:58 PM
yea i was aware that seq can't do what I posted, I was just stating that if it did now a days, it would be godly!! thats all

Ratt
02-26-2003, 05:20 PM
Yea, well SEQ USED to do that (show mob drops) but um, it hasn't in a LONG while

No it didn't. Ever. Period.

kmaszk
02-26-2003, 05:25 PM
I do know thats not how the packets work, but is it 100% not possible and out of the question for seq never to show what mobs drop?

high_jeeves
02-26-2003, 05:50 PM
ShowEQ can see the act of YOU looting an item... so, it could build a database of all the items YOU have looted (or atleast seen on the corpse), but that is about it.... not really worth having...

--Jeeves

Alwayslost
02-26-2003, 05:57 PM
SEQ will tell you what the GRAPHIC is IF the mob is weilding something.

If you are patient and pay attention, you can sometimes figure out what a mob's loot is based on the Light Source also.

But many of the newer mobs in PoP will no longer have a Graphic to see what the mob has untill you inspect the corpse.

For example: XTC in Ssra is holding a "SkullStick" well there is only one item in the loot table that fits so it's a Hategiver, AL is holding a "SkullStick" and its a Bard Weapon.

XXX has a lightsource of 34Ufe, well last time it had that it was a Robe of Uber, so if the Robe of Uber is also a light source when worn, then most likely you will see another robe drop.

Pigeon
02-26-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by kmaszk
I do know thats not how the packets work, but is it 100% not possible and out of the question for seq never to show what mobs drop? *sigh*

Yes, 100% out of the question. Might as well program ShowEQ to send it's data directly into a hologram in your brain instead of displaying it on your screen.

Raistlin
02-27-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Ratt

No it didn't. Ever. Period.

My Bad Ratt, I was thinking about the FAQ section that was discussing Faction reports, not mob items...I could have sworn that there was a section in the faq talking about "Hey, why can't I see mob drops anymore." But I guess that was Faction, not drops. Guess loot determination has ALWAYS been done Server Side...

Again, my bad.

--Raistlin