PDA

View Full Version : memory offset

NovaUSC
03-01-2003, 07:39 PM
I just have a quick question. Hope I don't get flamed. I noticed that the offset on the mainpage changed. It doesn't seem to be working for me. Using keyring I'm pulling 0x006b4e18, which is what I was using prior to the posting of the one on the mainpage. Neither of them are working for me however. Anyone know which one if either is the current memory offset?

homer
03-01-2003, 08:18 PM
/sigh

lildr00d
03-01-2003, 10:46 PM
My guess is no matter what memory location you get or use it wont work untill the packet structure is found and decoded. Thus as so many other posts have said.

..SEQ IS BROKE.. at the moment.

NovaUSC
03-02-2003, 10:56 AM
I didn't realize it was broken. I'm able to use it partially, since decoding was the only thing not working I concluded it must be the memory offset. Sorry for asking a question in the help desk, I will be certain to not ask any questions next time I'm not sure what the problem is. I guess the help desk is for other things.

Flame all you want,...I'm right.

EnvyEyes
03-02-2003, 11:29 AM
Ya forgot to say it's also borked /snicker

Ratt
03-03-2003, 09:13 AM
I didn't realize it was broken. I'm able to use it partially, since decoding was the only thing not working I concluded it must be the memory offset. Sorry for asking a question in the help desk, I will be certain to not ask any questions next time I'm not sure what the problem is. I guess the help desk is for other things.

Flame all you want,...I'm right.

Indeed you are right... the help desk IS for other things. Namely asking questions that haven't already been answered.

NovaUSC
03-03-2003, 09:32 AM
that's just lame, regardless of what the instructions say about getting flamed, you guys are Jerks if you feel it nessessary to belittle others. If someone asks a stupid question just don't respond. If you truly hate people asking the same thing over again and it drives you to a point where you must reply to it with hateful things to say then it is quite obvious you are a sick person and need immediate psychological help.

It takes far less energy to not respond. This leads me to the conclusion that you enjoy it. Ask any psychologist and they will tell you that enjoying others suffering is one of the first signs of psycho-sociopathic disorder. (the next being the torturing of little animals, which if you use the idea of the noob being the little animal it can be related to this one too).

I truly think you guys have nothing better to do. How sad I feel for you.

As for not taking the time to search

For this I will simply say I did use the search engine, I obviously didn't find what I was looking for so perhaps I didn't search long enough or maybe I didn't use the right phrase. I didn't see anything saying showeq was broken, borked, or other.

On another note, take this as you will. If you truly want to help stop people from asking thsi question again and again. why not place a line under the memory offset that simply says working or not working. That would have prevented me from posting at all.

It's just my two cents, take it as you will.

wfj5444
03-03-2003, 10:29 AM
The difference is animals don't know better.

Humans are supposed to.

Most of us have been flamed here once or twice, so its no big deal.

Let me give you some advice, the best way to not get flamed has nothing to do with whining about getting flamed.

And yes, even if you don't think it was, your last post was a whine.

AlphaBeta
03-03-2003, 10:33 AM
it is quite obvious you are a sick person and need immediate psychological help.

Damn you found us all out! :rolleyes:

one of the first signs of psycho-sociopathic disorder. (the next being the torturing of little animals

Yep you should see what evil plans I have for casey's cat... Muhahahahah

Now take your ass back to the forums and try reading the posts. You would have to be blind not to be able to see that seq is not working atm. If you still can't figure it out then try here (http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2948)

NovaUSC
03-03-2003, 11:09 AM
everything else aside, what about the idea of putting a spot on the main page saying up or down? I thought it was a good idea. I could be wrong though.

Dedpoet
03-03-2003, 11:30 AM
I actually agree with this. Right under the libEQ.a checksum and the memory offset.

Current Status: Version 4.3.16 - Not working.

It's in the IRC topic, and even if it cut the "is it working" posts by 25% it would be wroth it, IMO.

Ratt
03-03-2003, 12:18 PM
Already been brought up. I've already agreed with it. Just a matter of implimenting it.

Raistlin
03-03-2003, 01:25 PM
The front page thing is a GREAT idea that will certainly cut down on the number of posts of "does it work."

And to the original poster, it's not that the people here are heartless sociopaths that enjoy sticking firecrackers into little animals and lighting them, and poking fun at newbies. I"m goign to guess (and I could be wrong) that you're not a customer service person (in some way, whether that be fast food, tech support, etc.).

When you are asked to answer the exact same question over and over again, and the question has easy answers in other places, it first becomes redundant, then it starts making you think about whether you really enjoy reading the forum anymore. There are several different communities that handle this situation in several different ways.

The difference between most communities and this one is that on most boards, flaming isn't really acceptable unless there's really no other way to get the point across. This forum is a bit more of an open mic so to speak...it's acceptable here to flame when questions that already have answers are asked again repeatedly. This community has structured itself as a "help yourself first, ask us as a last resort" community in some ways. This is how they chose to do business. This isn't hidden from anyone as it's posted on the main page in big bold letters as well as in the FAQ in a few places.

Even though i'm currently the subject of a flame war (see the RRRRRR (R^6) forum if you have questions on this...it should be obvious) I can tell you that the community is willing to help if you're willing to try to help yourself.

Take some advice, step back, open your mind, get into the mindset that you should try to figure it out first. Accept that flaming is a part of these boards and that this doesn't make everyone here an ass hole. Accept that it's pretty enevitable that you will be flamed here at some point. Accept that if you're flamed, there was good reason for it in this community...learn from the mistake, and move on...

In other words, cut the guys who answer "Is it working" a few hundred times a day a little slack when they are less than courtious in a reply. Read the message of the post, not the text.

Lyroschen
03-03-2003, 01:26 PM
Oh, and NovaUSC, it's best to just filter through the flames and see if anyone answered your question along the way. It's just text, so the "woe is me, I'm suffering" ploy doesn't carry a ton of weight. I agree the flames aren't necessary, but they happen. Was a fairly long thread on this a while back, which resulted in the redundancy forum, and the agreement by Ratt to put a status indicator on the page. At any rate, grab a chunk of cheese to go with your whine. Thanks for the status suggestion. Yes, it's broken.

And weird isn't spelled wierd. Not a flame over something stupid, but just a public service announcement. Heck, we even have a jingle...

"i before e, except after c, or when sounding like ay as in neighbor and weigh, or if it's weird"

Might be handy to memorize for our ESL readers.

NovaUSC
03-03-2003, 03:23 PM
I have to take step back and look at this and laugh,...........

I accept my punishment, moving on and so forth.

It's funny how my question got so many views and responses, not to mention I didn't actually get flamed all that bad,(I feel I should be praying here or something) so if anyone cares to continue flaming feel free.

On a side note, you guys have prolly all seen this before but just incase you haven't, this is good stress relief.

http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html

and if we are gonna point out errors in grammer, may I be the first to point out that lilDr00D's phrase "SEQ is BROKE" means that it has no money. The word would be broken.

Dedpoet
03-03-2003, 03:47 PM
New Strongbad emails are one of the few things I look forward to on Mondays.