PDA

View Full Version : Rh8 + Seq 4.3.6

CybMax
03-02-2003, 02:02 PM
I have redhat 8.0 with the necessary (i thought) packages installed, and when i downloaded seq 4.3.5 from CVS a while back, it all compiled fine.. no problems.

Using RH 8 with default "out of the box" packages qt 3.0.5

I then added the 16.01 patch from mvern, and recompiled, everything once again working just fine.

Then i figure.. Well.. even tho seq is not working atm, i might as well do a clean cvs download and compile while waiting for a patch. Did as described, and get this error :

checking for Qt... yes
>> Found version.: 3.0.5
>>> Headers......: /usr/lib/qt3-gcc3.2/include/
>>>> Libraries...: Unable to locate?!?
configure: error: Please verify your Qt lib install!

Now.. i do find several posts and ideas on this using search, but most of them to my knowledge goes towards "howto install qt 3.1.1 using source files and not the dreadded .rpm's"..

So.. i guess my question really boils down to :
Do i need to do this? Is there a big reason why the seq4.3.5 works fine with the RH8 QT3.0.5, and the 4.3.6 (CVS) does NOT?

When i configure my seq4.3.5 i get :
checking for Qt... yes
>> Found version.: 3.0.5
>>> Headers......: /usr/lib/qt3-gcc3.2/include/
>>>> Libraries...: /usr/lib/qt3-gcc3.2/lib/
>>>>> Workable...: -*{ YES }*-

So.. what has changed?

If you say "YES you need qt3.1.1 compiled with -thread from sourcefiles.." it's oki.. but if i dont have to i would rather not..

pagan
03-02-2003, 06:44 PM
This thread pretty much had everything I needed to get latest SEQ working in RedHat 8. Note specificly Walrus's post

http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3053

CybMax
03-03-2003, 01:44 PM
Ugh.. Seems the only difference was that i did not do the :

cvs update -P

and

cvs logout

After i did that, it worked.. Somehow it might be some file that was downloaded or sumtin with the cvs update -P command? (did not look like it, but it was the only difference between my 2 cvs downloads..)

Thanx for the tip :)

pagan
03-03-2003, 05:20 PM
Glad I could help.

Kudos to Walrus really though.

Iam_Walrus
03-03-2003, 05:48 PM
Heh, no kudos to the devs for making the product and kudos to Mr. Suspicious (I think?) for making the most recent changes to INSTALL.newbies. I just copied/pasted the slimmed down version from that file.