PDA

View Full Version : Verant memory checking?

Nstalkerga
03-04-2003, 11:05 AM
During my daily duties at work of ready current guild, server and SEQ newsi ran across a link to this.

http://macroquest.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1913
They started on feb 23, Verant added lots of checks for memory.

I was just curious as to whether they have started wising up.
Or if they had the normal "THE SKY IS FALLING" routine as well.

Then again this may be more because MQ is something that changes the memory vs SEQ just seeing whats there.

Once again Keep up the good work

high_jeeves
03-04-2003, 11:32 AM
From further reading, you will learn that they are looking for CHANGES to memory, including the use of detours (which is what macroquest uses)... They are not currently (as far as I have been able to tell) doing anything related to checking for memory reads.

--Jeeves

nobrain
03-04-2003, 03:04 PM
The funny thing is, I saw a movie on the EQLive website, made by BBC I think, if you look close then one of the supporters are using commands that you can only use if you are using Macro Quest.

Command I saw was:
/who npc merchant or something like that.
Macro Quest specifically lists this one as one of it's features, and I know it's not default in EQ ;)

steve
03-05-2003, 02:55 AM
Uh, it's a GM command. That's why the *gasp* GM was using it.

Originally posted by nobrain
The funny thing is, I saw a movie on the EQLive website, made by BBC I think, if you look close then one of the supporters are using commands that you can only use if you are using Macro Quest.

Command I saw was:
/who npc merchant or something like that.
Macro Quest specifically lists this one as one of it's features, and I know it's not default in EQ ;)