PDA

View Full Version : Developers look here.

Alfred
03-04-2003, 12:55 PM
I realize this is an open source product but I'm going to bring this up again....

I'm willing to put money out for this. I am a developer but in a totally different line of work and I am willing to pay You to do the work for me. I don't expect hand holding. I will pay a small amount after each patch that breaks seq, all you need is a PO box or pay pal.

If I get working code, I'll send a check. If you don't get a check from me then I'm on a black list and it is therefore in my interest to get you a check.

Yes I realize there are all sorts of issues with this, but having been a paid programmer for most of my work life... well I like to get paid for what I'm doing and I bet you would too.

So... the floor is open. Your turn.

AlphaBeta
03-04-2003, 12:59 PM
What ever your smoking can I have some plz? :rolleyes:

Alfred
03-04-2003, 01:07 PM
Ah spoken like a true believer in being spoon feed everything in his/her life ;)

baelang
03-04-2003, 01:08 PM
how does one "black list" someone out of an open source project?

Alfred
03-04-2003, 01:14 PM
if we agree outside of the open source realm... to have a consumer / provider relationship where you are providing something for me and I am supposed to pay you because I agreed to do so, and I don't then I would assume I'm going to be on your black list. ;)

So yes. This is outside of the scope of open source. That is why I said I know there are all sorts of issues regarding this.

This biggest probably being Sony would have a field day if this became a big enough or trackable service. ;)

AlphaBeta
03-04-2003, 02:23 PM
I hardly call waiting for the dev's to finish testing code changes or waiting until SOE stops dicking with the code being spoon feed. If they wanted to take your lame ass money the project wouldn't be open source now would it? Wait for the fix like everyone else and stop trying to pay people off because you have no fucking clue where your going Ebayer.

Alfred
03-04-2003, 02:32 PM
This has nothing to do with being impatient. If you had a clue you would understand that.

I'm the first one to agree and understand about waiting and for testing. I think if you had actually read any of my other, what 15, posts you would realize that. You loser :p

I wouldn't want to change this from open source for you.. no I wouldn't lol. You've gotten used to that spoon ;)

S_B_R
03-04-2003, 02:43 PM
Well, I must say this is the strangest thread I've seen in quite some time.... :confused:

One question I have that you didn't make clear in your *contract* is: How long must the Dev wait after *selling* the code to you before updating the CVS tree here?

hai_hai
03-04-2003, 02:51 PM
There is only one Active Developer who has done anything for the SEQ OPEN SOURCE project in the last few months and that is - MVERN .

I am not dissing those who started this project and since retired from it, or those who have lost interest. I just wanted to point out something that seemed obvious. Now if someone would like to post on the contrary then be my guest. Otherwise, the dev team (in terms of coders) has pretty much fallen apart, or just lost interest. Lets hope Mvern dont.

I welcome any replies correcting my statement here. Any news is good news.

Alfred
03-04-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by S_B_R
Well, I must say this is the strangest thread I've seen in quite some time.... :confused:

One question I have that you didn't make clear in your *contract* is: How long must the Dev wait after *selling* the code to you before updating the CVS tree here?

They don't have to wait. They don't have to post it either. You see, I really don't mind paying someone for a job well done. I also realize that a lot of people (including myself) will take something like this (that is offered) free and not think twice about it.

This can't be the first time this subject has come up...

Poncho
03-04-2003, 03:35 PM
ROFL, I can see it now....

For the low monthly fee of $10.95, you too can be the first in line for the LATEST SEQ updates!!!

....and also the first in line for a nice fat lawsuit.

You gotta be kidding, right?

Poncho

EnvyEyes
03-04-2003, 04:19 PM
Wouldn't even move this one to R^6, just delete it outright.
*walks away giggling*

LordCrush
03-04-2003, 04:42 PM
He is getting up his post count with this :p

Alfred
03-04-2003, 04:56 PM
Well I was hoping for better flames /sigh

Lyroschen
03-04-2003, 05:03 PM
Well, in the words of CBreaker:

You're a MORON FOOL ASS CRAP TARD!

hehe, if you need more than that, you're too needy. \\=^ )

AlphaBeta
03-05-2003, 09:26 AM
I'm a moron hum? that’s a good one.. Please crawl back under your rock now Mr. Troll.

Raistlin
03-05-2003, 10:13 AM
When I come into the development area of the SEQ boards I expect to find a technical discussion of the code, opcodes, network protocols, or something SEQ Code related...

Not a request to pay the developers for your own personal version of SEQ...good intentions or not.

Instead of flaming the hell out of you (which in my case would only get Casey's Ire up), may I just ask that the next time you decide to post something that has nothing to do with a technical discussion of SEQ to please do so in the "GENERAL" area of the SEQ boards, instead of in the development section...

I hate to be anal-retentive enough to post a "You're not in the right forum" post, but with all the truely off the wall posts being put all over the damn place it'd be very helpful if you'd put the posts where they belong, at least it would allow the rest of us to more easily dodge posts of this nature.