PDA

View Full Version : As of LOY SEQ is broke

Trollflamebait
03-04-2003, 01:07 PM
Save yourself the pain of the flames and dont ask why it doesnt decode.

Watch the anouncement forum for an update. I will change this post when it starts working.

Consider this a public service of Trollflamebait

:p

Xith
04-02-2003, 12:07 PM
Hello Mr. Flame Happy, thanks for your announcement. More specifically, what is broken (i.e., define "decoding" please). I've been out of the EQ scene for a little while. Does SOE actually scramble or encrypt the data nowa days?? I remember when they only scrambled account data (logins, registration info, etc) and they claimed that it was too processor intensive to do all data. Of course, they didn't even use true key based encryption.

Thanks for info/flames, etc.
Xith

Lyroschen
04-02-2003, 01:27 PM
They restructured quite a bit, from what's been posted. They've started combining packets, using encryption and compression with most info. The opcodes are very different as well. In the process, EQ has had many performance issues (as they expected they would), and have been promising patches recently, but then not delivering. Mvern indicated that he's been working on the structs and opcodes on the Test server expecting these to be moved to the live server with the next patch, and that they are currently completely different from what's on the live server.

As Trollflamebait indicated, you should watch the announcements forum for information on when a new fix/CVS is released. Additionally, he will likely update his above post to indicate when it is working.

If you still feel the need to ask about the current status of SEQ, etc. I recommend using the search button and finding the threads that have already covered such questions, since I am sure you don't want to generate any extra work for others just to save a bit for yourself.

Jillian
04-02-2003, 05:19 PM
... :)