PDA

View Full Version : Divide et impera - The Dragon may have tricked us all

Simon
03-11-2003, 06:07 AM
Reading some of the posts here reminds me of a story about an emperor that lived 2000 years ago.

There once was a great ruler by the name of SOE... erm I mean Julius Caesar. The area under his control was so vast, it was allmost impossible to control. Until he got murdered (Tu quoque Brutus ?) he used a very easy but threaturous way to keep small uprises down.....
SOE is in my opinion infringing his trademark, he called it 'Divide et impera (TM)' - Devide and rule

Basically it comes down to this:

You have a horde of (obviously) stupid barbarians (literally, don't start flaming me, I don't mean the EQ ones - though I must admit I never played one for reasons I won't go into here :p) that want to start an uprise.
The trick to put and end to their foolish attempt is to set them up agains each other ('Divide'). The way to do it is sending out a mole, have him spread lies, hop from one side to the other telling one party the other side sais they are ignorant fools and stupid barbarians. Your job is basically over at that point, and you didn't even get your own hands dirty. If they are stupid enough the mole's job is finished. They'll slaughter each other. Once that's over, you can start with the second part... 'Impera' - Hit them when they are weakened and don't suspect anything because they're to busy smashing each others head with goranga spiked clubs or better....might be windblades nowadays.

At this moment I'm feeling very sad, because when I read some of the things on this board, I hope it's not to late.
It would mean the dragon will have won this time, not by mere force, but by sitting in it's tower and sending out poison spreading minions.

So to the Devs : do not abandon us, the masses are waiting patiently for their salvation. The toughts of many who stay in silent shadows are with you. Don't listen to poisoneous whispers and save us from this darkness.

Nstalkerga
03-11-2003, 08:38 AM
well said.

I just wish there was more i could do to help it get back on its feet.
Just not in the right areas of expertise :(

Puppit
03-11-2003, 09:02 AM
Well said Simon. Looking at some of the flames I've seen I have to wonder whether a true SEQ user would even think, less say such things. Of course we would all like to see things back online but the Devs have always done a great job and they don't get paid for it. It seems like patience and appreciation are what's needed now, not nasty commentary. Thanks Simon!

Ratt
03-11-2003, 09:24 AM
I can state flatly, at least on my part, and pretty sure I can speak for Fee at least... that the flames and stupdity that's rampant right now has absolutely nothing to do with the lack of a SEQ fix. Other factors are involved (Which have been mostly expounded ad infinitum on the message board) that have caused the delay in the fix.

Personally, I'm currently boning up on Windows programming, something I suppose I should have done years ago... but am only now getting around to it, which will allow a bit more flexibility in my skillset to handle different SEQ configurations. No, I have no timeframe. If you're currently working on a project or addition to SEQ, by all means, keep working.

h3x
03-11-2003, 02:17 PM
Ratt thanks, that was the best confirmation I could ask for or expect that we're not in the dark...

LordCrush
03-11-2003, 05:06 PM
Thanks Ratt

:) - not more to say :p