PDA

View Full Version : Everything but the map, I just can't figure it out...

Jerry
03-16-2003, 02:32 AM
- Installed RH 8, installed everything.

- Printed and followed INSTALL.newbies to download the latest version of SEQ.

- Got libEQ.a and put it in usr/lib

- compiled seq

- put the eq and linux boxes in a hub

I can run seq, and when I zone, I get the grey dots, and a picture of myself, and I can see myself moving, if I kill something, seq sees that, if I cast a spell, seq sees it, as far as I can tell seq is sniffing everything ok, but seq isn't loading the maps when I zone, and I can't find any error messages either.

There must be some small detail or configuration or something that I missed, I tried searching for maps and rh8 and other things but didn't find information that could help. (Its possible I missed something, since I'm not 100% sure what to look for)

Once I get the GPS to work, then I'm going to try to do a keysniffer, but I figured getting the GPS to work would be the first step.

If anyone can help, it would be awesome!
Thanks!

- Jerry

Elyon
03-16-2003, 06:24 AM
I am beginning to think these are PLANTS by some certain organization, just to piss certain people off... :D

Anyway, your getting gray dots, is also an indication of why your not getting any maps...

SHOWEQ is Not Working, has NOT been working for quite a while.

Will it be working.... Start reading

Expect the FLAMES to Follow......

Dedpoet
03-16-2003, 09:09 AM
I updated the FAQ (http://www.macsrule.com/~seqfaq/seq-faq.html). I just couldn't stand it anymore.

Manaweaver
03-16-2003, 09:23 AM
Unfortunately the same people who post these questions are the same people who don't read the FAQ...

baelang
03-16-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Elyon
I am beginning to think these are PLANTS by some certain organization, just to piss certain people off... :D

plants are way smarter. at least they turn toward the sun.

BlueAdept
03-16-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Jerry
There must be some small detail or configuration or something that I missed, I tried searching for maps and rh8 and other things but didn't find information that could help. (Its possible I missed something, since I'm not 100% sure what to look for)

Welcome to the world of SEQ. You seem to be the only person who is having this problem. My suggestion would be to email [email protected] and ask him to fix it. He seems to know SEQ inside and out and can probably provide you with the solution.

Sorry just getting tired of people wanting handouts.

Jerry
03-16-2003, 07:00 PM
Fuck all of you, I'm not asking for some god damn hand out, I spent 8 hours reading, searching and doing everything I could to *NOT* have to come here and ask for help.

This was the *LAST* fucking option, because I knew as soon as I asked, it would be nothing but flames.

Well flame on if thats what you get your jollies from.

- Jerry

Rhonwyn
03-16-2003, 07:27 PM
You spent 8 hours and yet missed the, literally, hundreds of posts talking about how SEQ has been broken since the LoY patch? What were you reading and searching through?

Manaweaver
03-16-2003, 07:33 PM
The reason you should stop using oxygen. (http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3090)

brin
03-16-2003, 07:48 PM
Jerry,

ShowEQ in its current state will only show you a few things. The first being where you are located. It wont, however (except in a few very rare cases) load a map for you currently. This part is still broken. When you zone, simply load the map corresponding with the zone you are in manually. This will at least give you functional GPS. If you con a mob, this to will show up on your screen as a grey dot. You wont be able to tell what it is, but it will be on your screen. Zoning will not clear the mobs that you have previously conned, however.

I would suggest keeping an eye on the ShowEQ announcemts forum, as when a patch is made to the source code, it will be updated here. Until then, this is all that will be working.

Good luck

Brin

BlueAdept
03-17-2003, 08:34 AM
I guess it took 8 hours to post your message because 7 threads down was a post called "As of LOY SEQ is Broken". There are also numerous threads on other areas saying that it is broken. There is even a post 4 down on the Developer corner specifically asking if someone could at least get seq to display the map.

I dont see how you could have spent 8 hours of searching and not being able to find quite a few posts near the top stating that SEQ is broken.

Just admit you were too lazy to do any research and leave it at that.