PDA

View Full Version : Spawned mobs... lightbulb goes off.

alterego
03-19-2003, 12:18 PM
It occured to me the other night when I was fighting mobs in Nadox, that SOE would probably like to see ShowEQ "broken" for as long as possible with LoY.

I know, I know, they want to see it broken... period. My reasoning for the line of thought above though is this: There are a lot of boss mobs and events that spawn out of regular mobs.

Anyone who has used ShowEQ in zones like ToFS will remember that "special" mobs like the bat that spawns T'Serrina appear with a # in front of the name... so it would be "#A vampire bat". It was easy to see if her PH/Spawner was there, and you could prepare accordingly.

It woudn't be any great suprise to see this in LoY. I know it's not a huge deal, because you still need to fight your way to the mob to get there, but there are several spawned events that can occure when you kill "special" regular looking mobs. Once that mob is killed you have a time limit to kill a set number of mobs to make a certain mob targetable. These events are all *over* the place in LoY.

It would make an encounter much easier if you knew that a mob was special and could prep for the even before you killed it. As well named mobs which are masked by regular spawns will become apparent.

So, as you can see, I think that ShowEQ is going to be a huge boon to adventuring in LoY.

ether
03-19-2003, 01:15 PM
People actually still go to LoY?

alterego
03-19-2003, 01:55 PM
The experience does not compare to PoP (what does?), but there are blue mobs all the way up to level 65, so it's technically possible to Solo for exp 60+ in LoY.

Also, the risk vs. reward in terms of loot (and soloable loot) is quite good.

Dedpoet
03-19-2003, 02:22 PM
Impossible to pull, dark blue to 55, chain casting shaman who malise, dot stack, root, slow, and then hit in the 140's and have giant aggro radius? I pass on Nadox, thanks.

Plugh
03-20-2003, 02:08 PM
Damn. Just like a PC Shaman (cept for the 140 hits). Do they also sic a hasted/harnessed pet on anyone who attempts to solo them? Damn, guys. The devs know your tactics. Why should it suck when they get used on you?

Dedpoet
03-20-2003, 03:27 PM
All I said was that I'll pass on the zone. It's actually a gorgeous zone. Grab the zone viewer and check it out if you don't want to or can't go there in game. The geometry is excellent, the layouts are cool, the scenery is great. Some people are saying the loot is decent, but I'm just a casual player (not level 65...hell, not even 60) who was in an exploratory group killing trash mobs. We wiped in Nadox in that middle hallway after you go through the movable floor and down the steps. Apparently when you fight something in that hallway, the room at the end of the other hall behind it aggroes. Then as those mobs run past that camp fire area, those guys add too. Next thing you know you have 6-8 high 40's shaman on you. I don't know about you, but I think shaman and necro mobs are the worst to fight.

I'll take tier 1 PoP for my lame character's exp, thanks :-)

CiscoKid
03-20-2003, 07:48 PM
Zone Viewer? There is such a thing??

Where?! :)