PDA

View Full Version : New Program or SEQ Updated?

Captain
03-19-2003, 04:04 PM
http://pub147.ezboard.com/fmonklybusiness43508frm1.showMessage?topicID=37858 .topic

Any idea whats being talked about here? I have checked sourceforges new releases but found nothing as of yet and the search option is down due to heavy traffic.

Douglas
03-19-2003, 06:11 PM
Good question. I have no clue what they are talking about.

Bartok
03-19-2003, 06:28 PM
After seeing this post, I took a quick look around and have seen it mentioned in a couple other places but no hard evidence that it exists, or where it is if it does exist.

Captain
03-19-2003, 06:32 PM
have not found anything as of yet either :)

IF someone has made something as described I can see it as being the most downloaded item that has ever come out for EQ. Then I see it not working in 2 weeks LOL

I think someone is just blowing smoke but we will see what comes if anything.

Cryonic
03-19-2003, 06:51 PM
They might be mistakenly talking about things like Jeeves personal Java version of SEQ that he posted about somewhere on these forums (no you can't get it anywhere as he isn't releasing it).

Captain
03-19-2003, 08:26 PM
Only other thing I have found is LEQM (http://leqm.sourceforge.net) .

Only reason I can even see them posting about it on MB is because Fatal/Ramsus worked on the EQToolbox map and this new program is better then his LOL

BlueAdept
03-19-2003, 09:34 PM
You sure he isnt talking about Macroquest? I believe that is working again, but with all the memory checks they are doing now, I wouldnt be supprised if a mass banning happened.

Maybe he is talking about High Jeeves with his Java version of SEQ. But HJ said he wouldnt release his code.

high_jeeves
03-19-2003, 11:06 PM
And that still holds true.. i havnt mentioned it to anyone outside these boards, and havent released to source/binaries to anyone... It might me a twisted rumor of my app.. no idea..

--Jeeves

eq_freak
03-20-2003, 10:39 AM
Well the LEQM is probably what he was referring too. I tried it out, and it looks like a crude version of SEQ. Cant resize or zoom map window in/out and the listview control pane is too small and suffers from the same jumping on refresh that SEQ had last time I used it(looong ago :) ).

And it seems very sluggish.

But its a start.. With a nicer UI it could become usuable :)

wizard
03-20-2003, 12:21 PM
post nuked as i was reading it

wizard
03-20-2003, 12:45 PM
for me unless it runs on a second box its not worth it.. wether a linux or windows version.. its useless to me if i have to keep alt-entering out to see it.

Fatal
03-20-2003, 03:16 PM
"Only reason I can even see them posting about it on MB is because Fatal/Ramsus worked on the EQToolbox map and this new program is better then his LOL"

The maps in the UI are not in the same category as a windows version of SEQ.

most likely, someone told them that there was a windows version of seq and he made a post about it.

Captain
03-20-2003, 06:09 PM
They where before someone got on thier knees for Absor and begged them to ok its usage :p

Same thing different times.

We all knew Len blew smoke up everyones rear for the "I was first" ego trip. Guess thats why he took the post down LOL