PDA

View Full Version : Update CVS The fix is in SEQ now Works!!!!!

Trollflamebait
04-01-2003, 12:17 PM
Heh

quackrabbit
04-01-2003, 12:39 PM
Best april fools joke i've seen in a long time. :)

Manaweaver
04-01-2003, 12:42 PM
I hate you...

Dark
04-01-2003, 12:57 PM
I saw that the April 1 patch has been cancelled. (this too may have been an April fools joke but it was on the eqlive site).

Patch for Tuesday has been canceled
The patch originally scheduled for Tuesday, April 1st, has been cancelled.

The EverQuest Operations Team

Sigh!

PsychoBabble420
04-03-2003, 12:39 AM
Good joke =) I wonder if the patch was cancelled because 1) Us bitch enchanters bitched enough to get it pulled (cancelled, not postponed!) Or 2) Mvern's (I think) post that he was going to update CVS once Test patch went live..

I'm still going with number 1 :cool:

trustno1
04-03-2003, 08:17 AM
How many heart attacks are you responsible for now? Hehe

h3x
04-03-2003, 08:53 AM
we already know there is a fix. it just isn't released yet... /cross fingers...

Sparkz
04-03-2003, 11:46 PM
Scheduled Patch April 8th
On Tuesday, April 8th, at 3AM PDT, (11AM GMT), all EverQuest servers will be brought down for a scheduled patch. The estimated downtime is 5 hours.

The EverQuest Operations Team
:D :D :D

Tantoris Thule
04-08-2003, 07:43 AM
Yeah, patch day will likely bring silence, along with people like high_jeeves babbling that they have a Java version of SEQ. Of course, no one will share and this project will continue its downward spiral and apologists saying that the devs are simply waiting for the next next next patch so that they can test the dev version.

Anyway, nice joke.

h3x
04-08-2003, 08:30 AM
Or is it that we all have great expectations from individuals that have no obligation to us nor this forum. Be gracious for the information that has been given, because of it i've seen many offsprings in different formats with the same goal in mind...

LEQM, MySeq, *others not given to public...

I might not have SEQ running right now but that isn't going to stop the search and continuation of my fun with EQ.

So with that being said, keep up the great contributions. I at least appreciate what you have released here, and I always look forward to the next fix or next add-on feature or upgrade to the project.

Tantoris Thule
04-08-2003, 08:56 AM
Oh yeah.. I forgot about the no obligation bullshit... lol... you know, if you don't want people to expect regular updates and the such, then don't go through the trouble of setting up forums and providing software that needs to be updated regularly due to what the software does. EverQuest gets updated pretty often, and thus anything that deals with EverQuest and the way that it interacts with the client should get updated pretty often too. If you can't keep up or you can't seem to find the time to keep the project respectably updated, then in all honesty, it needs to get shut down rather than keep being an embarassment.

It's like gtk-aim (Gaim). Whenever AOL changes the protocol a bit and the client changes, then gtk-aim or anything that chats on AIM needs to be updated too. Otherwise the program becomes rather useless very quickly. No, the author could just say "I don't owe anyone anything and I don't get paid for this, so I will update the program whenever I please", but guess what.. they don't say that. They update the program and everyone that uses it stays happy. Someone that sits around and says that they don't owe the community anything and that they will update the program whenever they feel like it is frankly not someone to be taken very seriously anyway and that's the way the attitude here seems. Don't go and create forums, create CVS directories in sourceforge, and act like this is a real development project when you let a month or two go by between fixing your software.

who_me_use_seq
04-08-2003, 09:39 AM
Hey Tantoris,

Is it hard being a Leech and an ungrateful asshole? Or is the work pretty easy? Does it pay well?

Elmo
04-08-2003, 10:01 AM
you know, if you don't want people to expect regular updates and the such, then don't go through the trouble of setting up forums and providing software that needs to be updated regularly due to what the software does.

Easy solution for you. Just stop coming here.

If you can't keep up or you can't seem to find the time to keep the project respectably updated, then in all honesty, it needs to get shut down rather than keep being an embarassment.

Alternatively, people with entitlement attitudes like yours could just stop visiting.

Don't go and create forums, create CVS directories in sourceforge, and act like this is a real development project when you let a month or two go by between fixing your software.

Doesn't the CVS repository allow you to submit that fix yourself? Damnit, why haven't YOU submitted it?! I'm WAITING....why can't you get off your ass, learn to code, and get MY software working FOR me? After all you're posting here, that means you're part of this open source project, so you should be fixing SEQ so that I can play with it!!! What have you been doing all this time!?!?! Tantoris Thule, c'mon, where's my fix? Oh, and wash my car while you're at it.

Alfred
04-08-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Tantoris Thule
....puke from a teenage diaper wearing mentality....

LEAVE!

Go AWAY!

Wait before you go, I think you owe me $50 bucks for wasting my time. Every time you post more crap .. You will owe me $50.

But you won't get it... you can't.. it is beyond your grasp.

guice
04-08-2003, 12:26 PM
This was an April Fools joke. Can we please have this thread locked or deleted now?