PDA

View Full Version : Spellcasting encrypted?

hellraiser
04-10-2003, 04:49 PM
Heyas,

Are the information about a player casting a spell being sent to SOE , and/or the information about a spell being cast on me encrypted/compressed?

Thanks alot :)

wizard
04-10-2003, 05:33 PM
http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3162

hellraiser
04-11-2003, 06:08 AM
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the info I needed. I know that the packet scructures have changed (it took me long enough to figure out the player position changes). A friend of mine is working on a Spell Timer, and while we know which spell a player is casting (its in the logfile), we cannot exactly say which spells are cast on a player (because multiple spells have the same effect text when being cast upon).
So I'd like to extend my network sniffer to not only find the player position, but also the spells being cast on a player and /or the spells a player is casting. I'd have no chance to find those information if they are encrypted because I have no idea how to decrypt the packages, so thats why I thought I'd ask first before spending lots of hours looking at the data being sent without a chance to actually find what I'm looking for :D

Jaerin
04-11-2003, 07:18 AM
Actually a local copy of the timer is stored in memory. The location changes and I haven't been able to find a pointer to it, but there must be one.

Jaerin

hellraiser
04-14-2003, 01:09 PM
Well, I found out that the Spell Number of Spells being cast by a player and being cast upon a player are not encrypted in the Data Stream. Now I just gotta find the duration of spells being cast on me (the real duration, including focus effects being used), and I'm happy :)