PDA

View Full Version : Interesting issue

datadog
04-16-2003, 06:46 PM
The last few times I tried to use this, i had an interesting problem.

I usually start the myseqserver before I start EQ. Start the client and hit GO. I see the 'New Connection from...' message in the server window.

Then when I start EQ (enter world), nothing happens. Small red dot in the center of the map. It doesnt move, no maps load, no mob list.

However, if I close down both apps, restart the myseqserver with EQ minimized, then start the client and hit GO, it works.

Not really sure if this is a bug. My workaround is fairly simple and works fine so no biggie. Just thought I would throw it out here and see what others thought.

dd

cavemanbob
04-16-2003, 06:55 PM
You can start the server anytime, but you shouldn't hit go till eq is loaded and you're in a zone. It won't stop you, but it won't work either.

Sedai
04-16-2003, 07:49 PM
Sorry Bob I'm a noob too and I have the same problem. I have stpped and started the server and the client and i still only get the little red dot in the middle. I see that the sewrver does have a connection. sigh I dunno

Sedai
04-16-2003, 07:52 PM
Sorry Bob I downloaded all new stuff extracted and loaded and it works now, Thanks for a freat app

cavemanbob
04-16-2003, 07:56 PM
Use this procedure to start it:

Start server
Start client, but don't hit go yet
Start EQ andl let your toon get into a zone
Hit go on client

If this still doesn't work and you're NOT in any LoY zones, start the server like this: myseqserverc 1000 4734 1
Then get your toon into a zone
Hit Go
Now the server should spam a bunch of text about packets.
If any of the lines don't have a sent and it stalls post where it stalled.

There is a known issue with LoY zones, it's being worked on.

Good to hear you got it working, the new server has some better error handling as well :)

Nurseling
04-16-2003, 08:48 PM
during the the listing of the mobs being downloaded it just locks no particular reason/ I tried to run in debug mode but nothing is every printed out.

I'm running two machines XP and win 98. THis was an occasional problem with the last myseq but now it is everytime

Rashenal
04-16-2003, 09:35 PM
Speaking of LoY zones, is there a place I can get the maps for it to d/l into my map folder? As far as I see, I don't see any maps listed for Gunthak, Hate's Fury, etc...

Rashenal
04-16-2003, 09:57 PM
Speaking of LoY zones, is there a place I can get the maps for it to d/l into my map folder? As far as I see, I don't see any maps listed for Gunthak, Hate's Fury, etc...

CybMax
04-17-2003, 03:16 AM
http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3126

Ksmith have the updated LoY maps there.