PDA

View Full Version : LibEQ.a

ChaosU
04-18-2003, 02:28 AM
Hi all
Please help a Linux n00b. i have DLed the new libEQ.a.f45cb14c and i want to compile SEQ with that and it says its ot compiled or an out of date version. what do i do wrong and how do i fix it? do i have to Compile the LibEQ.a my self with the file? if so how do i do it?
Please help since i cant wait to get this little utility to work i have been waiting since they started to change the network code and have never gotten it to work since only GPS worked :-(
Please help me im sitting no nails since im soo close i can feel it rushing through my vails.. OK enough bull just help me ok :-()
CU

Nurseling
04-18-2003, 04:46 AM
TAKE THE .f45cb14c off the file name.

ChaosU
04-18-2003, 04:47 AM
When i Try to ./configure it comes with this Problem

(Snip from Screen when ./configure)
checking whether to build with decryption... yes
checking for libEQ.a in /var/cvs/showeq ... yes
configure: WARNING: "/var/cvs/showeq/libEQ.a" has md5sum f45cb14c6e0a4c55c3b60bc0959945d6 which doesn't match reference md5sum
checking for InitializeLibEQ in "/var/cvs/showeq/libEQ.a" ... no
checking for libEQ.a in /var/cvs/showeq/. ... yes
configure: WARNING: "/var/cvs/showeq/./libEQ.a" has md5sum f45cb14c6e0a4c55c3b60bc0959945d6 which doesn't match reference md5sum
checking for InitializeLibEQ in "/var/cvs/showeq/./libEQ.a" ... no
checking for libEQ.a in /var/cvs/showeq/./src ... no
checking for libEQ.a in /usr/lib ... no
checking for libEQ.a in /usr/local/lib ... no
checking for libEQ.a in /opt/lib ... no
checking for libEQ.a in /lib ... no
configure: error: libEQ.a not found, out of date, or not compiled using a compatible compiler. Be sure libEQ.a is already installed in one of the listed directories (/var/cvs/showeq /var/cvs/showeq/. /var/cvs/showeq/./src /usr/lib /usr/local/lib /opt/lib /lib), is a current version, and you are compiling with g++ 3.x.

I hope this helps to find my Problem.
CU

ChaosU
04-18-2003, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by Nurseling
TAKE THE .f45cb14c off the file name.
As you can see from above i have done that!
CU

fryfrog
04-18-2003, 06:52 AM
i'm not sure where above you have proved you have taken the extra chars off the end of the libEQ.a file. be sure there is ONLY one libEQ.a and that its in /usr/lib. also, did you update the source for showeq as well as the libEQ.a file?

ChaosU
04-18-2003, 09:39 AM
answer to fryfrog
I have DLed the new libEQ.a from this site under the new ShowEQ status. and yeah i have renamed the libEQ.a.f45cb14c to libEQ.a since as showen above finds the file it just dont accept it since it claimes to be tainted incorect or something like that.
I hope it helps else write again...
CU

S_B_R
04-18-2003, 09:46 AM
You need to update your SEQ source, not just libEQ.a...

Ratt
04-18-2003, 09:47 AM
configure: error: libEQ.a not found, out of date, or not compiled using a compatible compiler. Be sure libEQ.a is already installed in one of the listed directories (/var/cvs/showeq /var/cvs/showeq/. /var/cvs/showeq/./src /usr/lib /usr/local/lib /opt/lib /lib), is a current version, and you are compiling with g++ 3.x.

Where does it say it found it?

I'm not seeing that part.

S_B_R
04-18-2003, 09:50 AM
I think he was refering to:
checking whether to build with decryption... yes
checking for libEQ.a in /var/cvs/showeq ... yes
configure: WARNING: "/var/cvs/showeq/libEQ.a" has md5sum f45cb14c6e0a4c55c3b60bc0959945d6 which doesn't match reference md5sum
checking for InitializeLibEQ in "/var/cvs/showeq/libEQ.a" ... no
checking for libEQ.a in /var/cvs/showeq/. ... yes
configure: WARNING: "/var/cvs/showeq/./libEQ.a" has md5sum f45cb14c6e0a4c55c3b60bc0959945d6 which doesn't match reference md5sum
configure: error: libEQ.a not found, out of date, or not compiled using a compatible compiler. Be sure libEQ.a is already installed in one of the listed directories (/var/cvs/showeq /var/cvs/showeq/. /var/cvs/showeq/./src /usr/lib /usr/local/lib /opt/lib /lib), is a current version, and you are compiling with g++ 3.x

Doogle
04-18-2003, 10:16 AM
I had this issue ...

Run md5sum on the libEQ you download and check it against the F45C... you see on the left of this webpage.

If you download it via netscape, it works oddly. My first download I used the shift key to do it.. it seemed to work, but I got your error (I think this grabbed html plus junk).

Instead, I let it download and "appear" in the netscape window as a bunch of junk characters, then did a save-as. After that my md5 was correct and the compile ran fine.

Hope this helps.

Doogle

mvern
04-18-2003, 10:19 AM
Make sure to start fresh from 'make -f Makefile.dist', etc. The configure script was updated to handle the new libEQ, and it wont work if you don't.

trustno1
04-18-2003, 11:31 AM
I had almost the exact same error when I used the CVS, it said it found libEQ.a (in /usr/lib), but still bombed out. I used the tarball the second time and compiled perfectly.

I just have a problem now with new spawn always showing up as unknown and no ground spawn. I checked all the menus, but can't seen to find if it's a setting, a problem with this release, or just my unique problem. NO WAY am I complaining!! I did that late late last night so I'll fool around with it again today and see what's up. Thank you Mvern!

EDIT: After fooling around a bit, seems that either my character is bugged or something weird is happening. On the same accound, I can load up a character(tried a level 1, 14, and 56) and everything is good, ground spawn show up, new mobs show up. When I log on the character I use most(level 65), no ground spawn and no new mobs. I even went as far as making sure no special UI was used. I can live with it though.

seqmage
04-18-2003, 11:39 AM

I did this.. downloaded the file libEQ.a.f45cb14c

mv libEQ.a.f45cb14c libEQ.a
cd /usr/lib
mv libEQ.a libEQ.a.18apr

cp /home/{user}/libEQ.a /usr/lib
*note where /home/{user}/ is where you downloaded the file to.
then get in the showeq dir..
make clean

cvs update -P

make -f Makefile.dist && ./cofigure && make && make install

waited while it compiled.. then in X started showeq...
it worked.

After reading the post.. you need to remove your libEQ.a that you had prior to this fix..
cd up till your at / level..
locate libEQ.a
rename what you find and then copy the f45 one over to /usr/lib
We forget that we already had a libEQ.a.
If you do the copy before removing the old one.. it will not overwrite the old one.

z26o
04-18-2003, 11:49 AM
Quick question, is QT-3.x now required (I know it's reccomended at the very least) or will it still run on 2.3.2? - thanks - z

**Edit** Ok I found what appears to be the answer to my question one post down (seems we do need qt-3)

here (http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3226)
- sorry for the unnessesary post.

Hendrix_Morton
04-18-2003, 02:33 PM
Had the same issue.....Ended up that stupid Netscape downloaded an HTML file from one of the mirrors, and not the actual binary....stupid netscape...

Went back, used a different mirror, and got the actual binary...works like a champ...

Most humble thanks to all involved in getting it up and running again....Good things come to those who wait...

>HM<

who_me_use_seq
04-18-2003, 02:59 PM
I had this same problem this morning. My LibEQ.a was showing the correct checksum. I tried half a dozen different ways of updating from CVS. Finally I blew out my old install completely and got the new tarball. It is still building right now, but seems to be going off without a hitch.

If I was smarter or in less of a hurry I might be able to determine what was going wrong.

/shrug

Thanks again Dev team. You guys rock.

rencro
04-18-2003, 06:33 PM
Same here, just blew out and started fresh, voila...

sea4th
04-19-2003, 10:45 AM
Removed the extra stuff from libEQ.a and left the last "dot" - that was hard to see : )

CVS update kept failing on compile so renamed showeq source directory to showeqfeb03 made a new one and started fresh. That one compiled without problems.

Don't sweat the small stuff and
It's all small stuff.

nebbyca
04-20-2003, 09:22 AM
I've read this thread thoroughly.
I happened to start off on a FRESH install of mandrake 9.1, so there was no previous installation of seq. All necessary rpms were installed. Downloaded libEQ.a.f45cb14c, renamed it to libEQ.a and moved it to /usr/lib. Did md5sum on the renamed file, which returned the value f45cb... i.e. the correct value. When i get to the ./configure, the process fails with the error

checking for libEQ.a in /usr/seq/showeq ... no
checking for libEQ.a in /usr/seq/showeq/. ... no
checking for libEQ.a in /usr/seq/showeq/./src ... no
checking for libEQ.a in /usr/lib ... yes
configure: warning: /usr/lib/libEQ.a has md5sum f45cb14c6e0a4c55c3b60bc0959945d6 which doesn't match reference md5sum
checking for InitializeLibEQ in /usr/lib/libEQ.a ... no
configure: error: libEQ.a not found, out of date, or not compiled using a compatible compiler. Be sure libEQ.a is already installed in one of the listed directories (/usr/seq/showeq /usr/seq/showeq/. /usr/seq/showeq/./src /usr/lib /usr/local/lib /opt/lib /lib), is a current version, and you are compiling with g++ 3.x.

Clearly, it found the libEQ.a and the checksum is correct, so I am at a loss as to why it failed. Just for good measure, i downloaded a few libEQ.a from different mirriors, but the ./configure failed each time. Can anyone help?

ChaosU
04-20-2003, 10:15 AM
Thanx alot SEQMAGE it worked like a charm when i followed your instructions, now just have another problem since i have never been this far before *grin* i can still use the GPS but every thing is unknown can someone please tell me why. it says that i dont need the offset anymore and i cant seen to find the encode thingy anyway since it seems to be removed. but can some tell me why it dont decode the spawns and mobs and players and it donrt even know what level i am.... i hope you guys can help me with this little problem so i can check is realy coool looking tool out

CU

ChaosU
04-20-2003, 11:33 AM
no wait it works fine it must be something with i use EQwindows aswell so i dual on the box i listen to. so can i still use SEQ while dualing on one box? if so how to i set it up to do soo?. and how do i get the exp thing to work? and it dont seem to update my level when i leveled my level 1 to 2
CU

seqmage
04-21-2003, 12:48 PM
so there was no previous installation of seq.
how did you get your SEQ?

if you copied source from an old install may answer your question.

casey
04-21-2003, 03:16 PM
after a libEQ change, you need to run make -f Makefile.dist so the configure.in (which is where the 'right' md5sum is recorded) gets processed into configure (so its checking for the right md5sum).

stop skipping steps, and it'll work right.

dana523
04-21-2003, 08:41 PM
everything is working up till i get to this point:

configure: error: libEQ.a not found, out of date, or not compiled using a compatible compiler. Be sure libEQ.a is already installed in one of the listed directories (/var/cvs/showeq /var/cvs/showeq/. /var/cvs/showeq/./src /usr/lib /usr/local/lib /opt/lib /lib), is a current version, and you are compiling with g++ 3.x

This is the error i keep getting and cannot figure it out any clues.

casey
04-21-2003, 09:00 PM
here are your options, pick one

you do have libEQ.a, but its not in one of the directories listed in your error
you arent using gcc 3.x
you didnt re-run make -f Makefile.dist after you updated from cvs
you have problems reading

if none of those are true, read config.log and see what the actual error message is, and take action to correct it.

wfj5444
04-22-2003, 06:07 AM
I had the exact same problem. No matter what I did it would not enter the correct MDSUM into the makefile.

The way I fixed it was an ol'
rm -r -f showeq (remove showeq from the machine completly)

Then just start from the install.newbie section of getting the newest showeq. That should get you going as long as you have QT 3.0.5 or better and the newest libEQ.a in the right place.

who_me_use_seq
04-22-2003, 07:30 AM
Thanks for the insight into the cause of this little affliction Casey.

The script that I use normally to do CVS update has the "make -f Makefile.dist" step included but I think that it failed because I failed to overwrite my LibEQ.a on my initial attempt to download it. On several subsequent attempts done by hand I probably missed it or skipped it. Now I know better.

Thanks again.