PDA

View Full Version : Mvern and Crew...a couple questions if you have time...

Amadeus
04-18-2003, 12:31 PM
Before I start parading through reams of code, I was wondering if you might have a moment to just outline some of the new functions that you have put into SEQ, or things that you adjusted, to make it work this time around. Sortof an introduction to the "new" SEQ, if you will. Or, if that's too much trouble, indicating source files that have been majorly changed would be a great benefit.

Or, if anyone knows this information and wants to contribute to this thread, I would love to see a discussion on the new code/new changes to code in the source.

Thanks!

mvern
04-18-2003, 12:47 PM
The biggest change is the removal of all the old decryption related code that was no longer used. The cvs browser (http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/seq/showeq/src/) is probably the best place to look to see every change, since you can pull up highlighted diffs between current and previous versions easily.

Amadeus
04-18-2003, 12:57 PM
Wow ...so, you don't think we'll ever need a client side key sniffer again?

mvern
04-18-2003, 03:20 PM
No way to say for sure, one can hope, but who knows.. It seems unlikely any additional encryption added later will work the same way as the old stuff tho.

fryfrog
04-19-2003, 11:44 PM
since this seems to be a latest seq thread, i would just like to mention that ground spawns do not appear to unspawn / get removed. of course, a quick zone will reload everything just fine so its not a big dea.