04-23-2003, 08:56 PM
http://alteria.sf.net/myseq-1.10.zip
http://alteria.sf.net/myseqserverc-1.8a.zip
http://alteria.sf.net/seq-maps.zip

Server Changes:
* Uploaded 1.8a server
* Updated to use the new mob structure.
* Speed/direction lines work again, invis should work as well

As far as I know all other functionality is working. Make sure you have the right offsets.

MrDoh
04-23-2003, 08:58 PM
WTG CMB :D :D :D

travan
04-23-2003, 09:04 PM
WTG Lyenu!

cavemanbob
04-23-2003, 09:08 PM
LOL and btw fixing bugs from other peoples code sucks... Still missing my favorite feature though, I'll dig the speed out if I have time tonight.

cavemanbob
04-23-2003, 09:20 PM
Depends, but usually it's easier to just do it myself. In this case however, I'd rather not waste hours picking through a data structure that someone else has already decoded. I've got enough crap to do these days without tedious stuff like that...

Lyenu X`Arie
04-23-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by travan
WTG Lyenu!

Thanks travan! =)

kaos057
04-24-2003, 01:11 AM
With the new release, it starts to work but then the map goes white with a big red X on it. Spawns still show up but no mapping. Any ideas?

cavemanbob
04-24-2003, 01:15 AM
I know about the big red X bug and I find it really annoying. It's almost surely related to the crap code in the checkMobs function, a fix is coming... I have a saved stream that replicates this nicely so hopefully this and the not removing dead mobs from the list will be fixed soon.

Resiliant
04-24-2003, 10:01 AM
Loaded 1.10/1.8 and it's looking good for me!

I LOVE THE TOOL TIPS!~ Good Work CMB

Here's the Graphic look and feel that *I* personally prefer... from MabCon.cs...

... These Pens
private Pen playPen = new Pen(new SolidBrush(Color.Chocolate));
private Pen yelPen = new Pen(new SolidBrush(Color.Yellow),2);

... This for the Player sprites
if (Settings.Instance.DontConPlayers)
{
//g.FillPolygon(purpleBrush, triPoints, FillMode.Alternate);
g.FillEllipse(purpleBrush, -sp.Y*(rawscale*scale)+(offsetx+offsetxg)-2, -sp.X*(rawscale*scale)+(offsety+offsetyg)-2, 6,6);
g.DrawRectangle(playPen, -sp.Y*(rawscale*scale)+(offsetx+offsetxg)-3.5f, -sp.X*(rawscale*scale)+(offsety+offsetyg)-3.5f, 8,8);
}
else
{
//g.FillPolygon(conColors[sp.Level], triPoints, FillMode.Alternate);
g.FillEllipse(conColors[sp.Level], -sp.Y*(rawscale*scale)+(offsetx+offsetxg)-2, -sp.X*(rawscale*scale)+(offsety+offsetyg)-2, 5,5);
g.DrawRectangle(playPen,
-sp.Y*(rawscale*scale)+(offsetx+offsetxg)-3.5f, -sp.X*(rawscale*scale)+(offsety+offsetyg)-3.5f, 8,8);
}

... This for corpses
else if (sp.Type == 2) {
//g.DrawEllipse(ltgrayPen, -sp.Y*(rawscale*scale)+(offsetx+offsetxg)-3, -sp.X*(rawscale*scale)+(offsety+offsetyg)-3, 6,6);
g.DrawRectangle(yelPen,
-sp.Y*(rawscale*scale)+(offsetx+offsetxg)-3f, -sp.X*(rawscale*scale)+(offsety+offsetyg)-3f,6, 6);

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like a bit larger ellipses for the items... and the chocolate boxes around the players seem nice.

R

OH.. and P.S..

What caused the Map jumping?

cavemanbob
04-24-2003, 10:56 AM
Thanks, I'll look at that adding that code. I've been looking for an improved setup for the drawing. The map jumping was because the offsets are actually opposite what they logically should be, so the mousemove set the offset, then the spinner box update function set it to the opposite and so on.

Resiliant
04-24-2003, 12:16 PM
Ahh!

Gotcha.

Listen, I've been looking at adding the OptionBox filter, but I'm a little worried about screwing up your panel organization. If you can simply create the object in the right place, I'll be happy to write the code that does the actual filtering :)

R

Note: Just.. a <warm and fuzzy> observation. We're GREEN.. SEQ is RED :)

eq_freak
04-24-2003, 06:05 PM
Btw, just wanted to add that for some reason this new server version+client 1.10 is alot more stable on WinME than the 1.7 server+client 1.10.

Dunno what you changed, but could use it for like 1 hour as long as I didnt zone(as opposed to 5-10 sec with server 1.7)

dsiroky
04-24-2003, 06:41 PM
not sure what happened with the mob structures, but this server worked great for a couple of hours.

Then something went wrong, I have a "warning race number too high on the server: -1"

dsiroky
04-24-2003, 07:38 PM
interesting to note once I died in PoD and zoned into PoK it started working again. When I got rezzed and popped back in PoD it stopped working. It appears to be specific to somethiing in the data stream in PoD.

Dark
04-24-2003, 09:33 PM
CMB,

I downloaded 1.8a of server. When I run it, it says 1.7 in the top bar.
Also it seems slow to update most of the time. I’m running it at the default 250ms. Client on a 1.7 P4 100mb hub.

Not sure if it’s a program problem or what. But apart from that (and having to F2 to refresh the spawn list) its working fine.

cavemanbob
04-24-2003, 10:14 PM
I've noticed it seems sluggish as well, even after dropping the delay down as low a 10ms where it was dead smooth before the 1.8 server. I have no idea what could be causing the slowdown, but I'll run it through the profiler and see what it says.

The windows 98 freezes seem to be related to the checkMobs function and as it doesn't work properly anyway I'll likely be rewriting the entire function shortly. I have no idea what could be causing the lockup on win98 and not winnt, but I've been runing the client for ~20 minutes with it commented out

It's probably some hidden mob with an invalid ID, I'm going to put checks for valid values into the client on all the data stored in the arrays. It's too easy for invalid data to bomb the client at the moment.

CoolGuyEQ
04-25-2003, 08:06 AM
Server is showing v1.7. Also, I'm not getting directional lines on the client. Checked and unchecked the box a few times, exited and restarted the client too - I'll fiddle more later.

CGEQ

Override
04-25-2003, 02:35 PM
Program works like a champ, super job. suggestion: On your mob list to the left when you click a mob in the list, I don't see it highlight or make a vector to that pc/npc/object on the map. That's something that was in linux showeq that would be very helpful if it could be added.

O~!

gaingreen
04-25-2003, 02:51 PM
GOOD JOB

skeeters-tony
04-25-2003, 06:09 PM
Is there a help file, that directs you how in add this 1.8a server update to the the SEQ?

Spook
04-26-2003, 06:47 PM
I'm looking over the CVS and patch section to see about uploading patches like the old site but am not seeing where to do so. Will continue looking. In the meantime, here are a couple of files (if it will attach) to fix issues when maps weren't available.

It fixes:

blank mobs
exception errors
inaccurate message
blank title

cavemanbob
04-26-2003, 09:54 PM
K, I'll add it in. There's some major changes to the way the server reads the mob and drop info that I've just commited to cvs as well.

CybMax
04-27-2003, 08:34 AM
So.. the way to go to get the latest server code now is to get it from cvs and compile ourselves?

If so.. What compiler would be easy for a n00b WinXP user to use for that? And how to compile?

cavemanbob
04-27-2003, 12:05 PM
The newest development code is in the seq cvs, there's a link in the main menu box on the left to instructions on how to retrieve it from there. The client and server are in the myseq module.

I don't know which compiler would be good, if you have easy access to visual studio 6 or 7, that'd be the easiest, but cygwin, gcc or any other of the free one shoud work as well.

I'm not sure about the command line parameters for the free ones, I think someone posted something in the old thread about that...

lane
05-02-2003, 04:46 PM
So.. What are the command line options for Visual 6 or 7? :)

-Lane

cavemanbob
05-05-2003, 06:02 PM
Dunno the command line offhand, but if you have the vs7 ide you can just load the solutions and build them that way.