PDA

View Full Version : SEQ broke from last patch?

Intruder
04-25-2003, 07:51 AM
saw few days ago that SEQ was fixed, what was great news, oh well so installed new version of SEQ and got new LibQ.a program compiled ok and i can start it, but when i start EQ I get only following errors from show eq:

uncompress failed on (different opcodes come here) data error

so seems that SEQ cant decrypt packets.

An i onlyone with this problem?

high_jeeves
04-25-2003, 08:00 AM
And you guys thought that the ShowEQ status post on every single page on this site would actually stop this problem... Oh well, once again we see that lazy > smart...

--Jeeves

LordCrush
04-25-2003, 08:02 AM
bababa... RRRRRR --- look left

Btw mine works fine on the Euroservers :p ;)

LordCrush
04-25-2003, 08:03 AM
Bah ... damn Proxy ... Jeeves was faster ;) :D

Intruder
04-25-2003, 08:13 AM
Oh my apologizies i tried to find post there it was stated that seq is broken again, but didnt see one.

and btw. my SEQ doesnt work fine on VS :((

BlueAdept
04-25-2003, 11:10 AM
its right on the front page with a status of RED and it says that it is not working.

who_me_use_seq
04-26-2003, 09:23 AM
But.......but......but....we were assured by all the whiney assholes that simply putting the status on the home page would mean that no one would ever have to post stupid questions ever ever ever again.

I feel betrayed. They were so certain.

Oh well. They will probably start posting in a few minutes to point out that the message box that tells everyone who comes to this forum that the program is broken isn't large enough, or the font is not large enough, or the word isn't red enough.

/sigh

Psycox
04-26-2003, 10:16 AM
I like having the status up there honestly. It saves the effort of looking for the flames the first guy gets asking if its working or not.

BlueAdept
04-26-2003, 12:45 PM
Since finding the status of SEQ is difficult...I am going to post the status here.

SEQ is NOT working!

I bet the next post will be "Is SEQ working?" :)

wfj5444
04-26-2003, 02:16 PM
LMAO :D

Nice Blue!

Intruder
04-26-2003, 05:04 PM
Well it says truely that status is RED. Since when RED means that something is not working? before that was mentioned on forum i didnt even saw the box where this information is.

this must be something to do with gnomes.

cavemanbob
04-26-2003, 05:40 PM
Look at the bottom of that box, it says: ShowEQ is not working at this time. With NOT in bold...

Lyroschen
04-26-2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by BlueAdept
Since finding the status of SEQ is difficult...I am going to post the status here.

SEQ is NOT working!

I bet the next post will be "Is SEQ working?" :)

So, what do you mean, exactly? And what happened to my skittles?

Hehe... j/k Mooooooo

LordCrush
04-27-2003, 01:14 AM

SEQ is NOT working!

Too Small and and the NOT is not flashing :p

seqmage
04-27-2003, 02:11 AM

SEQ is NOT working!
maybe that should be the home page when its not working?
with like an OK button on it so you know its not working?

Amadeus
04-27-2003, 02:18 AM
Most people use deduction to determine if SEQ is broken when:
a) It suddenly doesn't work after a patch
b) there is no CVS update

high_jeeves
04-27-2003, 06:23 PM
De-duc-tion? What is this word you speak of? I need a duck to get ShowEQ to work now?

--Jeeves

RavenCT
04-27-2003, 07:20 PM
Hmmm... I have no ducks, so how could I shun them? :D

Kalie
04-27-2003, 07:45 PM
After lookin around the forums for a few days and re-farmiliarizing myself with them, I can't seem to find much detailed discussion about the packet structure changes.

If it's being discussed, and it's on an open forum, where is it? I'd love to contribute or at least throw some brain power at it, but can't seem to find it... :D

BlueAdept
04-27-2003, 10:14 PM
You might have better luck in the IRC if you want to talk to people about the packet structure.

Been a while since I was there and dont even have mirc any more on this system. I believe the server is irc.trifocus.net #showeq

Lyroschen
04-28-2003, 01:11 AM
Aye, unfortunately, the devs only rarely give any information in the forums, and then, it's usually not very detailed. I can't blame them, since any info they do give is followed by a thousand questions they don't want to waste their time answering.

Ratt has mentioned that there's no longer a point to keeping libEQ source closed, so that may make it into CVS sometime soon. He also offered to give the source (as he has in the past) to folks who've shown a willingness to contribute, and actually do some coding.

At any rate, BA's suggestion of watching IRC might help, if you happen to catch them when someone who knows something is in there.

Mvern seems to have the best grasp of the recent packet structures (based on what I've seen in here), although he's generally working with the test servers. Ratt's been busy as of late, which means he's not been able to put the time into it he'd like. A couple others have been mentioned here and there, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of folks involved. Your best bet is probably to see what you can figure out yourself, and start the discussion with your discoveries.

Kimbler
04-28-2003, 12:54 PM
Intruder takes fishing pole........loads up nice juicy bait question...cast.............

Catches a whole string that bit hook, line, and sinker.:D