PDA

View Full Version : LibEQ.a constant wrong sum

workhorse
04-30-2003, 07:04 AM
Hello -

I've searched and searched and spent quite a bit of time trying to figure this out on my own with no success.

I am still receiving the wrong sum for the libEQ.a everytime I check it.

I get this: 4e9d9772132fc63ea8860cc2fdb2905d

I have downloaded from the trifocus mirrors and every mirror linked on the home page.

I have removed the old LibEQ.a first. I have left the old one then renamed the new one LibEQ.a. I have tried every angle. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

LordCrush
04-30-2003, 07:38 AM
Have you checked the md5sum of your download ?

Are you sure you dont have another libEQ.a in any path of your machine ?

--LC

workhorse
04-30-2003, 07:50 AM
during the ./configure it only finds libEQ.a in the /usr/lib directory where I have kept it since I started using over a year ago.

I'm really at a loss on this one :)

workhorse
04-30-2003, 07:58 AM
Went back and checked all the directories stated in the ./configure and only one libEQ.a exists in the /usr/lib directory.

Still getting the wrong sum.

IS the sum on the main page still the current one?

I'll go back and try the mirrors again on the link. I'll just keep chopping at it. Hopefully someone can lend an idea.

Thanks!

S_B_R
04-30-2003, 08:19 AM
I just verified the libEQ.a (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/seq/libEQ.a.f45cb14c?download) hosted by Sourceforge has the correct md5sum. What are you using to download LibEQ?

workhorse
04-30-2003, 08:21 AM
I got it! Thanks folks...just kept downloading and finally got it. Strange.

Now Im receiving the same error, so I think my compiler may be wrong. How do I check and make sure Im compiling with g++ 3.x ?

edit...keep in mind I havent changed my compiler in 2 years.

S_B_R
04-30-2003, 08:26 AM
gcc --version

workhorse
04-30-2003, 09:29 AM
ack 2.96....guess I'll dig for the upgrade.

Thanks!

workhorse
04-30-2003, 11:14 AM
Been digging but cant seem to find any information of updating my compiler version from 2.96 to 3.x.

Anyone able to help me with this?

BlueAdept
04-30-2003, 11:39 AM
It is in the install guides. Use the search.

SurfAngel
04-30-2003, 02:29 PM
With regard to the original post, I've had similar experience a while back. Someone posted a solution and it worked (forgot who, sorry).

If you right click and save as from the mirrors, the md5sum will always be wrong (at least its true in my experience, on ALL the mirrors listed).

But if you left click the link and let the binary load up in the browser window, then click File Save, then the checksum will be correct, on every single mirror listed.

Try that?

Kimbler
04-30-2003, 02:29 PM
Ignore those that scream search!

If we can help you we will. Try [/URL]http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2788[/URL]

workhorse
05-01-2003, 10:49 AM
Thanks Kimbler. I appreciate it.

I've updated to QT 3.1.1, Ive patched from CVS, but I still have a conflict with my compiler version.

For the life of me, I cannot find any information on compiling with gcc 3.x.

2.96 isnt going to cut it.

during the configure I did see this though:

checking for gcc... gcc
checking for g++... g++
checking for supported compiler version... no
checking for gcc-3.0... no
checking for gcc3... gcc3
checking for g++-3.0... no
checking for g++3... g++3

Any ideas?

trustno1
05-01-2003, 12:32 PM
I just checked my gcc version, I'm also running 2.96, but haven't had any problems..well, since they broke it 2 patches ago hehe.

Make sure when you export, you are using the correct path for everything. When I installed QT 3.11, I had to use a different path than before. Here's my export command, maybe it will help:

export CC=gcc3 ; export CXX=g++3 ; export QTDIR=/opt/qt-x11-free-3.1.1

Like I said, everything was working fine til that patch 2 weeks ago I think.

Dedpoet
05-01-2003, 12:37 PM
http://speakeasy.rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=gcc3

Highlighted in green: "gcc3-3.0.4-1.i386.html Various compilers (C, C++, Objective-C, Java, ...). RedHat-7.2 Updates for i386 gcc3-3.0.4-1.i386.rpm "

Download the RPM and install it ("man rpm" for help). Your QT will need to be built by gcc3, so if you built it yourself, you'll need to rebuild it once you have your new gcc. Then rebuild ShowEQ. Once you're all done, you'll have your own non-functioning copy of Seq like the rest of us. Wait patiently for an update or try to fix yourself. Have a beer. Enjoy.

Mr. Suspicious
05-01-2003, 01:03 PM
SIlly suggestion.... follow the INSTALL.newbies file step-by-step?

Kimbler
05-01-2003, 01:05 PM
Dedpoet and trustno1 have provide more than I could of . Good luck my friend ;)

workhorse
05-01-2003, 04:29 PM
Mr. Suspicious....

I have installed SEQ from scratch by myself over a year ago. Along the way I have encountered minor problems I could not solve myself through your coveted "search"

Trust me, Im the kind of person who will try everything I can think of before posting here.

SEQ was running on this same laptop, with the same configs until now. I upgraded the QT, by using the search, and now I needed a hand with the gcc issue.

I do not need a fresh install of SEQ, at least I dont think :)

Mr. Suspicious
05-01-2003, 05:29 PM
I have installed SEQ from scratch by myself over a year ago. Along the way I have encountered minor problems I could not solve myself through your coveted "search"

How is reading the documentation that's shipped with a product even remotely "searching"? All you have to do is read it!

- Which packages you need...
- How and where to get GCC and how you have to set it up...
- How and where to get QT and how to compile and set it up...
- * and _then_ ShowEQ related stuff*....

All found in the INSTALL.newbies file.

and now I needed a hand with the gcc issue.

Please read it before discarding it as "useless".