PDA

View Full Version : Wishlist / Buglist

cavemanbob
04-30-2003, 10:59 AM
There's others, but this is what I've pulled out of the threads so far.

Wishlist:
* Select on Consider
- Not sure if this is even possible
* Stats, AA, EXP, ...
* Searching mob list by entering a string in a dialog
* Hotkey for highlighting the current target
* Optional breadcrumbs behind mobs

Known Bugs:
* X, Y, Z, Dist in the listbox don't update.
- Performance reasons.
* Port changing still doesn't work in 1.9 server
- Fixed and waiting for release
* Big red X instead of map.
* Win98 & ME issue still seem to exist.
* Maybe a couple of network issues causing the client & server to get out of sync.
* Horse level being used instead of player level
- I've got no idea what's going on here and can't test as I have no horse at the moment.
* Jumpy map in general.

Fantastik
04-30-2003, 11:59 AM
Not sure if this is possible, but it should be by reading exp and aaexp values and storing them.

Basicly, I used SEQ's function to tell me the exp/minute i was getting whacking things. Also the exp/hour. Since the client no longer stores exact exp settings (unless you zone-they are then updated exactly) this involved a little work by SEQ to notice when the bar moved a pixel and interpolate backwards per level.

Its alot of work for normal exp, but should be really easy for aaexp since its always teh same (lvl 51 exp i think. 15 million). Maybe get this working for aaexp first, then put the interpolation fuction in for normal exp?

Anyways this is really useful for the soloing (and to a lesser extent a grouped character) in altering fighting strategies to maxamize exp/minute. It was the second best thing SEQ had, skittles being number 1. :P

EQAddict
04-30-2003, 12:47 PM
It would also be nice to fix it so it can be ran from a network drive.. :D

I would like to see the ability to play a *WAV file instead of a system board beep. But would love the ability for it to send out an EMail notification... Just ask for SMTP settings and addresses to send the notification to. But, hey I'm happy with it the way it is.

What do you think the chances are of getting the Win98 lockups resolved?

Thanks again for writing this.

Dark
04-30-2003, 01:24 PM
A couple of other things.

1) Eq time shown somewhere on the form.

2) If I am zoomed in on a map and I move the dividing bar between the spawn list and the map, it resets to 100. I can live with it, but its a pain.

Keep up the great work CMB

cavemanbob
04-30-2003, 01:26 PM
The win98 bugs will get resolved, but it's a huge pain to debug on it.

Aurelius
05-01-2003, 11:37 AM
Is it possible to have a different symbol used for PCs vs NPCs? I may have missed it if this was addressed allready. Instaead of dots, maybe squares or dots with () around PCs, whatever. ))

Nice job ))

M_Frohike
05-04-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by cavemanbob
The win98 bugs will get resolved, but it's a huge pain to debug on it.

CMB,

I run a WIN98 client. The latest set of executables do lock it up - no big discovery - this is a known bug. But the prior set of executables seemed more stable for Win98.

I *can* still use your latest version. It's just that if I ever need to click on something or even roll over a skittle, I need to "stop" first. Then no lock ups.

Is there anything I could do to help you debug win98? I'm not a C programmer.

M

Follow up EDIT:

Originally posted by cavemanbob
Actually I think it's fixed now. Something about sticking the listbox into it's own pane seems to have been the problem, so I'm taking that out for now.

Sorry didn't see this one. Flame away - got my asbestos underwear on. :p :p

gezs
05-05-2003, 08:27 AM
2 small suggestions that could be usefull.

1. A filter for pets on the map to distinguish them from the mobs. Blue con pets are very hard to distinguish from mobs. So a selection to make pets all green or grey or something..

2. When you select a mob on the map make it highlight that mob in the list instead of just scrolling to it.

Also the spawn id field doesn't sort properly when you click on it.

Aurelius
05-05-2003, 09:41 PM
How bout the ability to click on the names of mobs that we don't want displayed (like vendors (as a category)) or named mobs like the centaur that handles warrior armor in SK. Just clik on the names and they are no longer displayed.

And for NPCs that start with anything other than a letter, *** etc should be posted at the top of the list even when changing from one alphabetical listing to another. ))

Hope I was clear enough on my descriptions. ))

Keep going )))

Abyss
05-07-2003, 10:31 AM
Terrific job so far. Just wondering if there are any moves being made to have a column list what mobs are holding?

JumJum
05-13-2003, 08:22 PM
Add ground spawns to the filter list for alerts? Maybe build it in so is a grouond spawn pops and it's on your list draw a line to it?

seqmage
05-14-2003, 04:43 AM
Please make it so the window remembers its location after its resized..
Everytime it opens, i need to resize the window to fit on my screen.. would be very nice if once its set, it could save when saving options???

Resiliant
05-14-2003, 11:03 AM
Just one thing is missing IMO from the current VERY EXCELLENT version...

Spawn timers.

It was VERY helpful to have the system watch for death/respawn events at each spawn point, and flash that little cross-hair, and change its color to grey/yellow/red when a spawn was about to occur. Made it VERY helpful to break and camp spawns.

R

Aurelius
05-14-2003, 04:55 PM
Another 'wishlist thingy' hehe

The ability to straff left right up down without resizing the map. I sometimes just sit and med up while me buds are out looking and it'd be nice to just strafe the map one direction or the other without moving/resizing. Then a single key to recenter the map on me again would also be nice (since I'm just dreaming anyways hehe)

Keep up the good works, You get the erudianamanitarian award for being so smart and johnny on the spot!!!

cavemanbob
05-16-2003, 02:59 AM
Well being busy lately I haven't posted in here lately, but keep the suggestions up. At least if I don't get to them hopefully some other ambitious person will. :)

Now For some answers:
XP/AAXP are coming, they will be fragile on struct changes though. This will need tweaking to see what kind of functionalilty people want though, directly logging what mob granted what EXP will be almost impossible though. Exp per time period is much more doable.

Docking listbox is mostly done already, just a little flakeyness left

Almost anything related to alerts beyond basic fucntionality sucks IMO, I would much prefer something closer to the regex stuff like the old SEQ. Time constraints rule me though, if anyone else can do better please do and submit it :) Same with hiding types or such, now with much of the major basic functionality done I'll try to get some UI stuff in.

Win98 and the server I can't test anymore I'm afraid, was forced to upgrade my windows test machine to NTFS so win98 won't go anymore... I have never tested the server on 98 or it's clone, so if anyone who has this problem and visual studio 6 or one of the free compilers can try it and tell me the error it would be a big help.

EQ Time = easy, gotta remember to do it though :) The splitter will be gone soon so it'll be a non issue soon.

Sorry if I missed something in here, it wasn't on purpose, but I read it anyway and will try to fix it at some point.

Stunning
05-17-2003, 08:39 AM
Would be a nice feature to be able to right click on a mob in the listing and have an option to add to the alerts.

Thank you and what a great project you have here

cavemanbob
05-17-2003, 12:27 PM
It's more easily doable now with the new handling of the listbox, that is something I want ot put in though.

seqmage
05-17-2003, 11:38 PM
one other thing i found..
being level 61 when i went to a zone where everything was green, OMG.. i could hardly read the text..
I looked at changing the font.. but color was not an option

is it possible to add color to the font selection? or maybe include it in the ini file?
having a whole list of green mobs was very difficult to read on my screen.. i had to higlight each mob on the list to find the one i was lookin for.. real pain..

Knighttime
05-18-2003, 05:14 AM
Don't know if its possible,

but when you kill something that has a faction hit, doesn't the client recieve current faction data for the factions that are affected? Or, when you 'con' something that is on a faction?

If so, would there be a way to implement this? So that you can see what 'faction' adjustments that have been made after each kill...

probably been thought of before...

cbreaker
05-18-2003, 10:29 PM
Too bad you probably don't play on my server or I'd give you the pp for a cheap horse so you could figure that one out.

sauron
05-20-2003, 12:38 PM
I've noticed a small bug. When you kill a mob, it's "icon" doesn't change from a, say, green dot, to a corpse circle unless you hit F2 to refresh. The corpse and/or green dot will correctly disappear when it poofs or is looted though.

This also happens with player (purple) dots.. A whole party can be wiped out, and you won't know it unless you hit F2.

cavemanbob
05-20-2003, 02:24 PM
I think I have fixed the mob -> corpse transition, but can't test it till later. It'll go into CVS once it's tested & the next released version.

Juanka
05-29-2003, 08:36 PM
Spawnlog and alert in pop, is posible?

Shiori
06-22-2003, 12:14 AM
OK Found an especially bad bug with the client. On Windows XP it crashes out when you enter Greig's End and won't restart until you leave. Not sure if this applies on other than Windows XP or not.

Elyon
06-22-2003, 06:38 AM
Shiori

You may still have the bad map for Griegs End..

Delete the 1st 2 lines of the map, and you should be ok.

cavemanbob
06-22-2003, 11:59 AM
Here's the fixed map attached, I really should change the one in the zip, but it takes too long for me to upload on my crap internet connection.

matslin
06-22-2003, 03:11 PM
is it possible to support other multibyte language?
like Chinese =) ?

shnauka
07-12-2003, 06:14 PM
You know, I thought about the suggestion:

* X, Y, Z, Dist in the listbox don't update.
- Performance reasons.

The performance issue could be solved simply by adding a text control in that field INSTEAD of updating every inididual entry. Since the control gets its painting area, it updates itself. You could store the controls in some sort of hash, and update them instead of having to refresh the entire list.. Updating the entire list can be a pain in the rear..

It WOULD mean you couldnt easily sort by distance, however..

Blind Aviator
07-12-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Knighttime
Don't know if its possible,

but when you kill something that has a faction hit, doesn't the client recieve current faction data for the factions that are affected? Or, when you 'con' something that is on a faction?

If so, would there be a way to implement this? So that you can see what 'faction' adjustments that have been made after each kill...

probably been thought of before...

That used to be possible when ShowEQ first started but SOE quickly changed it to where when a faction hit occurs all the faction info stays serverside....

Have seen this issue discussed quite a bit in the ShowEQ forums & Ratt states it just cannot be done anymore...

MrDoh
07-23-2003, 05:04 PM
Personally, I would love the ability to add text on the map itself.
Some of these maps aren't marked very well, and while I don't expect to do any drawing, it would be nice to be able to, maybe right click an empty portion of the map, and add a label.
I'd love to at least mark the PoK books.

Mr. Doh

SunmanX
07-25-2003, 09:36 AM
A list window to display the mob's current drop table would be great. SEQ's doesnt appear to be working at the moment.

elminster
08-04-2003, 02:36 PM
Hopefully this will be a relatively easy request when you've finally got time to work on it...

Map centering a la SEQ. Basically, have the screen centered on the center of the map, rather than the PC. That way, when entering, say, UP, half the map isn't off the zone because of it being centered on you instead of the center of the zone. It'd greatly reduce the amount I've got to move the map around. :-)

cavemanbob
08-07-2003, 02:58 AM
These are the feature's I've wanted to do for a long time, but haven't had a chance to due to time and cash reasons. I'm going to add another person for source additions if I can can contact ratt at some point shortly because I have been seriously stressed for time to even add the submitted code, which I really appreciate.

SchwannyT
08-16-2003, 08:38 PM
Let me preface this with this statement: I LOVE MYSEQ. I dont have 10 hours a day to play EQ, but with this I can at least get done what I need to in the time I have!!

Now the requests.

I'd really like to see some new hotkeys. For example the plus key would zoom the map in, minus would zoom it out. Then the arrow keys would adjust the x,y offsets for example. And if its not too big a performance issue get the x,y,z and especially distance to update on mobs. Even if I have to hit F2 or something to do it once in a while or even just on allerted mobs.

Other key's I'd like to see would be:
Next/prev mob in list (would be the same as selecting it in the list with the mouse)
Select closest mob/next closest mob (would be great with filters and allerts but would need the distance updated) If you continued to press the key it would work its way out.

Just my 2 cents

Blind Aviator
08-16-2003, 11:37 PM
Sunmanx when ShowEQ first came out it would show the loot the mobs had as well as the mobs HP's but SOE made some changes that caused the info to no longer be sent to the client...

The only thing possible to see on the mobs loot these days is if he is holding it...

BA

vbpunx0r
08-21-2003, 11:39 AM
How about a louder spawn alert? Possibly something to wake me from my deep slumber to kill Stormfeather :D

blakbelt
08-29-2003, 06:38 AM
I have been using SEQ for about 2 weeks now and I love it - fantastic job. Onto the topic at hand, a friend of a friend has made his own version of ShowEQ/SEQ and his version has some functionality that i think would be useful. However, he is paranoid to the Nth degree and will not let me have a copy of his program.

His program has a very similar structure to SEQ but has the following extras.

When you target a mob in EQ, it has a specific area for that mob details. Included in these details are (for players) Name Class Level etc, along with MANA, then a list of buffs the character has and how long in hours:mins:secs the buffs have left. It also has a read out of the exp in pixels per mob killed (and AA) along with the ZEM for that zone. The symbology is slightly larger making it easier to spot named mobs, take what you will from this list, but i think some of them are invaluable to players like myself and i am sure to a lot of you...

RegisteredPC_00
09-23-2003, 02:24 PM
I would like the ability to change the Window Caption of the Client and Server based on a setting in an INI file. I don't trust Sony, and if somebody accidentally clicks the button that allows Sony to gather information on my computer, I'd bet that running processes (and possibly the window captions) is something they gather.

Also, I didn't see any options for the server as far as what port it listens on. Could anyone change it so that it reads the port setting from an INI file? I don't know where my Visual Studio Disk 1 is or I'd attempt making the changes myself.

Thanks,
Dan

The Mad Poet
11-03-2003, 01:27 AM
due to wierdness with c++ builder and the source (and windows header files mostly) I couldn't test this but if you want to check it out here is the source for a port change in the server...

add a new line to your INI

[Port Setting]
Port=5555

and use this source...

Should work - although my pointer useage is a bit off anymore...

quick and dirty also =) lemme know if I made a mistake too tired atm to try much harder

MQSEQ2
11-03-2003, 09:11 AM
In Server 2.0 version I'm working on, I use the Server Ini file for the Port and refresh rate.

In the 1.9 Server source code it was hardcoded to 5555 and the refresh rate was hardcoded to 250ms. You was suppose to be able to change it on the command line but looking at the ArgV statements they were off by 1 so the command lines never worked properly.

I will get the 2.0 Server out today or tomorrow. I have been testing it for about 2 weeks now and it is running with no problems.

SparhawkKR
11-04-2003, 12:39 PM
Bug or Wish, either way this Should be the correct place....

After updating everything to 1.15.3 I have noticed the Client is no longer loading/reloading spawn filters on zoneing.... i.e. zone in to a new zone, and you must manually hit F2 or F6 to get the Filters to run at all..... Unless im missing something completly earlier versions were forcing a reload a second or two after finishing zoning, much more conveniant if you run your MySeq box on a seperate monitor, but use a keyboard switch.

Other point that has always been somewhat troublesome, adjusting the font size on the spawn list seems to Only change the font for unfiltered spawns, meaning you can crank the size all the way up if your running at a high resolution, but the spawns you DO filter out, will still be at the standard tiny size. Since the Filtered spawns are the ones most of us will have an interest in being able to see easily in the first place..... well we get the point...

MQSEQ2
11-04-2003, 01:58 PM
I will take a look into this tonight.

cavemanbob
11-05-2003, 02:55 AM
The server should have nothing to do with the refresh rate, the client requests packets when it needs them. The server does not send packets on a set frequency and it should not ever do so.

MQSEQ2
11-05-2003, 06:01 AM
The client polls the server based on the setting chosen and the server had the code to do the same, some of it was commented out tho. The server does play a big part in the refresh rate becuase if you don't delay it some you can get into a battle between the client and EQ on who get's the CPU time. EQ try's to dominant the computer, which is sad to see becasue when you try to develop both server and client on the same EQ machine it can take awhile. That's why I use multiple computers for development and each one are XP2500 with a Gig of RAM and I see issues.

I'm not trying to debate on wether it should or shouldn't, I just give the folks to change the settings via the Ini file. So if you want no delay in the server set the refresh rate to 0 (basically the same as the code was) or you can bump it up for those that might need too because of a slower machine.

cavemanbob
11-05-2003, 12:31 PM
Eh? If the server is using too much CPU time because the refresh is set to fast slow it down on the client, it's going to have an identical effect as setting a delay in the server.

SparhawkKR
11-05-2003, 01:22 PM
Offly enough, Filters Seem to being applied on zoning since this morning.... Only changed to my setup are correcting the offsets, and a reboot on the Server/EQ machine... Client has been restarted but the system it runs on has not.

The Font deal on Filtered mobs is still a very minor thing, but one that a change would be greatly appreciated.

MQSEQ2
11-05-2003, 02:12 PM
Can you explain the filtering issue a litlle more?

I will work on the font feature ASAP as well.

SparhawkKR
11-05-2003, 03:18 PM
Filtering Issue

Very simply put, on changing zones the filters were not applied to the spawn list automaticly.

As an example.

- Zone into Bastion of Thunder.
- Filter list contains pretty well all the rares and nameds.
- On zoning in, the spawn list was generated, but nothing was highlighted, marked, flagged, or tagged as a Rare/Hunt/Caution mob.
- Hitting either F2 (Refresh Spawn List) or F6 (Reload Alerts) would cause the spawnlist to refresh, this time marking all of the mobs correctly.

I think the confusion is with me calling it a Filter, instead of just saying "Alerts"

Reguardless, this was only a problem on the 4th, after updating to the latest client version, and is again working correctly as of this morning. Unless someone else is having similar problems, I would just count it up as user error in some fashion.

Chicken
11-07-2003, 04:42 AM
Please, for the love of God... let me turn off the flashing before I go blind!

Yellow is probably one of the worst colour to set players as too. Green, Light Blue, Blue, White, Yellow and Red are all going to be bad colours.

Other than that the new versions are just better and better.

ap50
11-07-2003, 06:13 AM
Is there a reason the client uses [zonename].txt instead of filter_[zonename].conf ?

Just hate to have to rename all my filter files :(

MQSEQ2
11-07-2003, 07:12 AM
I will add some logic that will allow you to toggle the flashing as well as changing the colors used to identify things (ie. hunt/caution/rare/merchants/guild masters/players)

As for the the .conf I will add back the .conf but it will check for that after checking for .txt. The .txt will be the preffered extention tho.

The reason I changed it was that .txt is associated to Notepad or you favorite editor whereas .conf isn't. Yes it's very easy to set it up but some don't know how to associate a .conf to an editor.

The chages have been made and are ready for download.

Mixy!
11-07-2003, 06:22 PM
Are ZEM's transmitted to the client? (zone exp modifiers) or is that all server side? I would like to see zems listed near where the zone name is listed in the client. Just a thought.
-Mixy!

MQSEQ2
11-07-2003, 06:28 PM
Currently ZEM's are being ignored. That will be changed in future updates.

Mixy!
11-08-2003, 09:20 AM
With 1.15.4 in butcherblock the ground spawn "oak bark" is comming up on the map "yew leaf". I dont know how to get the othe ACTREFXXXX number, so i dont know how to post the correct one.
Hope that makes sense.
-Mixy!

MQSEQ2
11-08-2003, 10:45 AM
You can look in the GroundItems.Ini to find the ACTREF and what's it's mapped too.

The problem is EQ did not assign all ground items there on unquie name. Meaning, if you drop a Root, Berry, Water, etc. on the ground they all display a small bag on the ground. So if you move over it, it will say small brown bag.

In the case of te Yew Leaf and the Bark, they both look the same visually (a little green leaf), so a beeter description of the object would be green leaf object. Now what you can do is edit the Ini file and modify IT403_ACTORDEF=Yew Leaf to say IT403_ACTORDEF=Green Leaf or IT403_ACTORDEF=Yew Leaf, Bark.

What I can try to look at is trying to make something like this:

IT403_ACTORDEF=WAKENING-Yew Leaf,BUTCHER-Bark

And depending on which zone you are in it could read and pharse the item from it. That is very easy to to with RegEX commands and I could try it (my RegEX isn't the best, I keep forgetting it).

Mixy!
11-14-2003, 05:18 PM
Im still having a problem with autotargeting. I decided to run a error log and here is what i got..

11/14/2003 18:10:19:66 - Error with DrawLine(): Overflow error.
11/14/2003 18:10:19:67 - Error with DrawLine(): Overflow error.
11/14/2003 18:10:22:47 - Error with DrawLine(): Overflow error.

Here are my offsets..

[Memory Offsets]
GroupCountAddr=7454208
GroupAddr=7454536
SpawnHeaderAddr=7460984
ItemsAddr=7460988
CharAddr=7461040
CharInfo=7461048
TargetAddr=7461052
GuildsAddr=7479052
ZoneAddr=7838464

[SpawnInfo Offsets]
NameOffset=1
XOffset=104
YOffset=108
ZOffset=112
HeadingOffset=132
SpeedOffset=128
SpawnIDOffset=384
TypeOffset=364
ClassOffset=378
RaceOffset=392
HideOffset=376
LastnameOffset=65
NextOffset=316
LevelOffset=372

[GroundItem Offsets]
ZOffset=32
XOffset=36
YOffset=40
NameOffset=44
SpawnIDOffset=12
NextOffset=4

[CharInfo Offsets]
SpawnInfo=0x0d7c

Im running win XP on 2 boxes, server is a P4 3ghz 512meg... client is an athlon 650 512meg. 1.15.7 client, with 1.9b server.

Hope this helps with figuring it out.

-Mixy!

EDIT: This is just a problem with autotarget, the setup runs flawlessly otherwise.

MQSEQ2
11-14-2003, 08:16 PM
I will add some debug code around the AutoTarget since several folks are having issues with it. It appears to have started in the 1.15.7 release, the code doen't look to have changed any for that but I will look in to it tonight.

kevster
11-18-2003, 07:53 PM

After zoning, have to refresh filters to have them work. Same as post a few above this on older version.

MQSEQ2
11-18-2003, 10:30 PM
Already correct and will be in the 1.15.9 release, due to hit the self tomorrow.

madman13
11-22-2003, 08:41 AM
In previous versions when you turned off con colors of other players they were purple...

How about under options>colors.. and option to change the "color" people are when "con colors" are turned off.

Thanks for all the hard work, you all are awsome!

Mixy!
11-22-2003, 10:04 AM
I have a slight "bug".. with the 1.15.9 release someone added something to help with the draw rates. Im not sure if the problems are related, but now the mobs on the screen are like 4 pixels in size. Meaning that the dot that represents the mob is tiny on the screen. Is there any way to resize that? Thanks.

-Mixy!

MQSEQ2
11-22-2003, 12:22 PM
Go to the Options Window and set the Spawn Size to a higher number. This gives you finer control on how big you want your Spawns. If the future I may add the option to make the Mobs one size and the Players another, this wouls allow you even greater control of the drawing of Spawns.

Mixy!
11-22-2003, 02:33 PM
OK, i feel like a dope... sorry about that.:p

-Mixy!

xeerex
11-22-2003, 10:08 PM
Suggestion:

Give the "range circle" a transparent background option. Now, you can select the same color as background but still "pixelates" anything inside the circle. A transparent background with the circumference highlighted would rock.

Blind Aviator
11-27-2003, 06:32 AM
Have been thinking about this one for a while now so decided to ask if it was a possibility to try....

Is it possible for the map to go from a 2D to a 3D map?? If you can successfully draw things in the X and Y axis you should also be able to draw the Z axis in a 3D map??

Make not only the spawns but also the wall lines Z axis drawn with their height....

Main reason I am asking for this is zones like Ssra Temple and BoT are dam nearly impossible to tell where anything is because all the different levels overlapping each other...

I am sure this is possible to do but would it be worth all the extra coding required to add the Z axis drawing??

Is this something you would consider trying or is it too time consuming??

BA

MQSEQ2
11-27-2003, 11:00 AM
I think the Range Circle is in Transparent (I will have to check, if not I will set up the option).

Yes we can draw things in 3D, there are several issues that would come from it tho. You would have to try and spin the map around just like any XBox games etc.

Now what I could try to do is create 2 small windows that has a Side Up View and a Front Up View as well as the Top Down View.

This would give you some differnet views, I might try to work on this over the weekend to see what I can come up with. But I have other features I'm working on first, ie. Spawn Timers and Server 2.0 stuff.

jag111
11-27-2003, 11:42 AM
3D mapping would never end up being how you'd think it would be, at least with user created maps. The main problem is actually 2 fold:

1) While both SOE's and SEQ's map formats support 3D points to define lines, many of the older SEQ maps ignored the Z-axis when they were created and as such, all points have the same Z-axis.

2) Even if all the existing maps were completely re-done to include the proper Z-axis for all points in them, you'd still only have a glorified floor-plan. There are no definitions for walls, ceilings, etc. And you won't really ever get that with user created maps. You'd have to have code to read the EQ zone files basically.

I know there has been chit chat in the SEQ mapping forums about 3D mapping. So perhaps there is some more insight there that I'm not thinking of. You might wanna do a search over there.

jag111
11-27-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Blind Aviator
Main reason I am asking for this is zones like Ssra Temple and BoT are dam nearly impossible to tell where anything is because all the different levels overlapping each other...

The other thing I forgot to mention is that the problem your describing has been worked around by implementing "Depth Filtering" in both the SEQ client and MySEQ client. Similar to the way "Height Filter" in the in-game mapping works, MySEQ will only show you the portion of the map and mobs that are within a certain Z-axis range so that you don't have to wade through all the other stuff.

But the limiting factor in both cases is still 100% accurate maps which we don't have yet.

rramsey
11-27-2003, 12:28 PM
Sometimes when you switch from freestanding to a mount (to a horse or lizard) all the mobs will start to con RED on myseq. I suppose the reference for level comparison has errorneously been switched to the mount instead of you.

Blind Aviator
11-27-2003, 01:41 PM
Now what I could try to do is create 2 small windows that has a Side Up View and a Front Up View as well as the Top Down View.
That is kinda what I was thinking about... Maybe give a menu option to split the current map window to show the Z axis rendering....

1) While both SOE's and SEQ's map formats support 3D points to define lines, many of the older SEQ maps ignored the Z-axis when they were created and as such, all points have the same Z-axis.
True but it could be a work in progress and eventually be something really useful... Once the feature is available you would likely find a lot of the older maps re-mapped by people so they would have accurate Z axis for the new mapping system.... I myself have already re-mapped 10-15 old zones to be more accurate and would likely be a pretty good representation of the zones....

Thx for the reply and the effort MqSEQ2 and others...

BA

mcswanbeck
12-01-2003, 01:20 AM
Before you read this, then I have to admit that I haven't read throuh the 4 pages of posts in this thread, so please take it easy on the flames if it's something that's already suggested :)

I am 2-boxing and run mySEQ on a NOT-so-up-to-date laptop, so while running 2 instances of mySEQ is possible, then it takes a good amount of the laptops ressources.

Is there any chance to make a feature, where you can switch between two (maybe even more) IP adresse on-the-fly? I was thinking about, just adding some sort of array where you save the IP-address(es) and then a cycle-button or something like that at the bottom of the main screen.

Alternately, give me a location where I can download "Visual studio .NET" and I volunteer to make it :p

MQSEQ2
12-01-2003, 07:41 AM
Reading your post it sounds like you have 2 computers running EQ on each computer. On these computers you are running the Server program on each one.

Then you have a Client that you want to monitor each one of the EQ machines. Because the Server is hardcoded to be port 5555 you can't run multiple Client's monitoring each of the Servers. This is because port 5555 can only be bound once. What would be needed is that EQ1 set to port 5555 and EQ2 set to port 5556 (something different). This will be resolved in the Server 2.0 and future Client.

Now what you are currenlty asking is to add the option to toggle between Servers. I can look into this, but you know when we add new features that we save to a file, you will loose those IP Addresses and all the other settings (Thanks Microsoft).

As for VS .NET, I can't help you there other than directing you to a store (trying to stay legal).

mcswanbeck
12-02-2003, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by MQSEQ2
[B]Reading your post it sounds like you have 2 computers running EQ on each computer. On these computers you are running the Server program on each one.

Yeah, my bad for forgetting to say that. I do ahve 2 computers running EQ and will of course have 2 mySEQ-servers running.

Originally posted by MQSEQ2
Now what you are currenlty asking is to add the option to toggle between Servers. I can look into this, but you know when we add new features that we save to a file, you will loose those IP Addresses and all the other settings (Thanks Microsoft).
The feature is actually just a shortcut instead of going to config, type in a new IP address (taken that I use the same port) and then click GO.

MQSEQ2
12-02-2003, 08:21 AM
I will see what I can do. Maybe allow you to enter 5 IP Addresses then assign then a Hot key for example:

Ctrl + 1 = IP Address 1
Ctrl + 2 = IP Address 2
Ctrl + 3 = IP Address 3
Ctrl + 4 = IP Address 4
Ctrl + 5 = IP Address 5

Then when you hit Ctrl + {Number} it will automatically swith you to that Server (Stoping and Starting with the new IP Address).

That's should be doable.

jag111
12-02-2003, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by mcswanbeck
Alternately, give me a location where I can download "Visual studio .NET" and I volunteer to make it :p

You don't need Visual Studio .NET to read or compile the code. It just makes it more pretty and convenient. The .NET Framework SDK is a free download from Microsoft and includes documentation and the .NET compiler.

xeerex
12-02-2003, 10:15 AM
A simple request:

Have the Range Circle set at transparent by default. Right now it is set to colored which distorts the view in the circle. Not that its a big deal to change it in the Options, but its some of the simple things that matter sometimes. :D

MQSEQ2
12-02-2003, 10:16 AM
UltraEdit is a good Poor Man editor. I think it still has the compiler options in it so you can run a compiler.

http://www.ultraedit.com

The MacroQuest guys has also created a HiLite Colors for there commands as well. This is what I use for macros and quick coding changes if I have to much lag via the Terminal Services.

MQSEQ2
12-02-2003, 10:19 AM
You can turn off the Coloring of the Range Circle under the options. You can also change the color of the range circle as well.

xeerex
12-02-2003, 10:21 AM
WishList Item:

The spawn timers are cool, but can "we" implement a chart of incoming spawns?

In other words just as we have the Spawn List, can we have a Spawn Timer list? This would just list the same information that is displayed on the map with the spawn timer indicators but would give a "faster" way to view the information in addition to the map.

xeerex
12-02-2003, 10:29 AM
Have the Range Circle set at transparent by default.

The only reason I ask is that everyone I know using MySEQ changes that option first.

No big deal either way. :)

MQSEQ2
12-02-2003, 10:29 AM
I guess I could create a new Spawn Timer List (dockable) that would list every Spawn Timer in a ListView. I guess you would want color coding as well indicating how close to respawning.

MQSEQ2
12-02-2003, 10:31 AM
I will make the default to turning it off. I added the coloring and I don't even use it. But it does help if you have Dark Gray background and a Black range circle, it kinda makes the spawns stick out a little better.

xeerex
12-02-2003, 10:32 AM
I guess you would want color coding as well indicating how close to respawning.

Well yes. And while "we're" at it, add an audible indicator that changes as the countdown hits certain times as well. And I want a Large order french fries with that order as well!!

Seriously, just the ability to sort them by time remaining or time to spawn would suffice but colored indicators would be sweet if doable.

MQSEQ2
12-02-2003, 11:17 AM
So if I set the Speech to Say "A Large Orange Drink" for 1:30 mins and "SAY IT!" at 30 secs then "SAAAAAYYYYYYY ITTTTTTT!!!!!!" at poping would be the aduitable alert you are looking for?

xeerex
12-02-2003, 11:29 AM
/em roflmao

Hey----the best thing would be a sexy chick voice like the one for login with Teamspeak!

At 1:30 -- "Hey you sexy thing. It won't be long now~~"

At 30 secs---"Hey big boy. Its about to pop~~"

At 0 secs -- "Get while its hhhhottttt.~~"

Now we're talking! Woot!

MQSEQ2
12-02-2003, 11:44 AM
That's just wrong! I think you would either forget about the game or you would go to Misty for those fast spawns hehe.

xeerex
12-02-2003, 11:47 AM
/em really roflmao now!

mcswanbeck
12-03-2003, 02:22 AM
I don't know if it's just me or others too who has the "maps", "filters" and "log" directory at location "../" instead of in the same directory as mySEQ itself?
That way I don't have to change the folder conf on every new installation.

What I'm trying to get at is, if it would be more appropriate to set the default location of those three folders to "../" instead of "./" :)

MQSEQ2
12-03-2003, 07:00 AM
The problem is if we set it to ../ (which would work great) but then you have those who don't use the Self Installers to get the program running.

I have them in a location and then I just point it to those locations vs. leaving them in the defualt location.

dsavereide
12-03-2003, 06:04 PM
I just starting using ShowEQ, works great. Installation was very straightforward.

Is it possible to display whether a mob sees invis? Sometimes I'm just passing through and an alert on see invis mobs would make that easier.

I'm running ShowEQ on my notebook computer which sits on a side table, so the display is more than arms length away. I changed the font on the spawn list to a larger size so I could read it easily. But, when a mob is on my alert list, it uses the original font italicized. Which I have to lean over and squint to read. It would be nice if it used the same font as the rest of the list, only bolded.

MQSEQ2
12-03-2003, 07:44 PM
I will fix the Font Size Difference that's real esy to do.

As for mobs seeing thru invis I would have to look to see if folks have figured out which flag is set.

jag111
12-04-2003, 02:24 AM
I doubt the eq client knows whether a mob explicitly sees invis or not. At best, all it knows would be what a mob cons to you.

MQSEQ2
12-04-2003, 02:46 AM
The SpawnInfo structure is very small (less than 500 bytes) so I will look into it some more. We should be able to find something sooner or later hehe

maj021
12-04-2003, 07:08 PM
I'd guess that the see invis/con information is all stored server side, since when you're lagging badly or going linkdead, con's don't work.

Does information regarding a weapon that the spawn is holding still get sent to the client? I know showeq used to be able to tell you if a mob was holding a weapon, and it would come in handy for a few spawns (ST for example).

Keep up the great work.

MQSEQ2
12-04-2003, 08:49 PM
Server 2.0 will send data about what spawns are wearing and holding. But remember it's very basic information and won't tell the exact item.

The con information is still unkown at this time.

Motley
12-10-2003, 12:47 AM
Would like the announce feature to not annouce invisible mobs if you don't have the option to show invis mobs in the spawn list. (or maybe the hunt/rare option should have the option to ignore invisible mobs?)

This would be particularly useful in places like ssra where they always have a mob that is some kind of placeholder/timer that is invisible, even when the actual mob is not up.

Additionally, I would like to be able to right click a mob in the spawn list and select "Add spawn to Hunt/rare/etc", and it would take the mob and add it to the appropriate list.

MQSEQ2
12-10-2003, 07:00 AM
So you want it not to Beep if you are hiding invis mobs. I will take a look at the code but that should be easily done.

The Adding/Removing spawns by Right Clicking will be coming in the new 2.0 versions.

Scottyy
12-19-2003, 11:01 AM
Would just like the hight fillter on the map to work again :/ u know using F3 , works for spawns but u either get the full map or no map as it is now.

MQSEQ2
12-19-2003, 12:29 PM
Depth Filter is working, what's not working is the maps since most of them was drawn in a 2D format vs. 3D. If you go to The Bazaar and hit F3 you would see the right side of the map gets filtered out. Now if you was to look in the map file you would see the lines that was filtered was outside the drawing height. I think all the maps should be redrawn if they are older than LDoN release.

fresca
12-20-2003, 02:29 PM
Every time I click on a mob in EQ, or i get one as a target (by one hitting me) the perspective and con colors in MySEQ shift to the mob i have selected. The bug is this happens *even if i deselect the Autoselect EQ Target option*. I personally extremely dislike this feature in general; but to have it turned on all the time and unable to be stopped makes MySEQ just unuseable and makes me a sad panda, because this program rocks otherwise! I use the range circle to time my pbae spells, but with the perspective continually shifting in MySEQ the program is really not much use anymore.

MQSEQ2
12-20-2003, 02:36 PM
Read the other post in the dev section. We are working on the 2 issues.

sovietax
01-06-2004, 04:39 PM
just a thought...is it possible to put points on the map where NPC's are supposed to spawn and where items that spawn on the ground are supposed to be. there are some ground items that spawn from walking over spots like a trap, anyway to find out where these are. i hope you understand what im getting at. thank you for your time.

MQSEQ2
01-06-2004, 05:43 PM
We have Spawn Timers which will show Spawn Points after a full cycle of Kill/Spawn. Then it will start flashing when they are about to respawn.

As for Ground Spawns they are random spawns so putting markers out would get to cluttered with markers.