PDA

View Full Version : Server scanners

Spaz
05-01-2003, 07:54 AM
No longer work on Test Server.

Just an observation...

This isn't just the SEQ one here, it's all server scanners - they all show it as Down.

Could be as simple as an IP number change, but I sort of doubt it.

LordCrush
05-01-2003, 09:17 AM
Perhaps the deamon not running ...

Spaz
05-01-2003, 02:17 PM
All is well, now.

I have a custom server scanner and it sees Test, as does the SEQ one. They weren't working for a couple days.

LordCrush
05-05-2003, 11:52 PM
Where do you got it from ... i would like to have one that shows the Kael Server

Ratt
05-06-2003, 09:30 AM
Sony isn't giving status on any of the servers you don't see... otherwise you would see them. My server scanner adds new servers automatically as they are given by Sony. If you don't see 'em, it's Sony's fault :)

LordCrush
05-06-2003, 10:47 PM
Thank you Ratt,

i suspected that :/ it is like EQIM not working on the German and French Server.

darkgrue
05-07-2003, 05:31 PM
Ratt's right, of course. Sony/Verant/whoever is responsible for that status server hasn't really been maintaining it for quite some time now. The last change they made was to remove the useful information from several of the structure fields - but thinkgs like additional servers and the zone count have been off for well over a year.

I wrote up the protocol in slightly more detail than the Verant page provides at http://www.gue-tech.org/everquest/eqstatus/index.html if you are curious as to how the status server query/response works. Comes with a Perl CGI program you can use, too.