PDA

View Full Version : installation/utilization problem

Tsingtao
05-05-2003, 10:03 AM
Please dont flame me for asking this. I have searched for the answer first. I have seen others with this problem, but never a resolution.

I have the server 1.9a running on my XP pro machine which is running EQ.

The client also is running on an XP pro machine.

The server waits for connect, gets msg stating that it found PID then connection from client.

client not showing anything on black map.

I load a map, still nothing other than map.

I move map, map goes away, I reload, then it shows my proper placement on map, and orientation, but thats it. I move, nothing happens.

My connection is cable modem ---> router ---> switch ---> systems

Elyon
05-05-2003, 11:25 AM
Just to make sure you have already done this...

In the Preferences, you have set the IP address of your EQ Machine where the server is running.

You Start The Server, Start EQ and once at the EQ Server Selection Screen, you Start the myseq client.

Once you have chosen you character and have entered the game, you clicked on GO at the bottom of the Client?

You are NOT running the EQW (EQWindows) program, if you are, you are using an OLDER Version than the current one? Older version was necessary for this to work, but EQW is not needed anymore.

Lastly, you say you have Server 1.9a, do you have the 1.11 Client? Do you have the maps in a maps folder under the client?
ie: \myseqclient\maps

Did this EVER work for you? If it did, but is not working now, delete all files and folders and start from scratch.

Tsingtao
05-05-2003, 05:38 PM
In the Preferences, you have set the IP address of your EQ Machine where the server is running.

You Start The Server, Start EQ and once at the EQ Server Selection Screen, you Start the myseq client.

Once you have chosen you character and have entered the game, you clicked on GO at the bottom of the Client?

yes

You are NOT running the EQW (EQWindows) program, if you are, you are using an OLDER Version than the current one? Older version was necessary for this to work, but EQW is not needed anymore.

not running EQW

Lastly, you say you have Server 1.9a, do you have the 1.11 Client? Do you have the maps in a maps folder under the client?
ie: \myseqclient\maps

1.9a server and 1.11 client installed, maps in that folder, yes

Did this EVER work for you? If it did, but is not working now, delete all files and folders and start from scratch.

never worked, just started to try to get this working

I am going to try to reverse the client/server tonight to see if its just my machine (dual p3-500's).

Tsingtao
05-05-2003, 06:16 PM
reversed the whole process, ran EQ on my wifes system (p4-2.4G) and the 1.9a server. Ran the 1.11 client on my system (dual p3-500's), worked first try.

Wonder why this wont work on my system as the server?

I cant play EQ on my wifes system, as she forbids that game on hers (shes a top monarch in Asherons Call... haha)

Tsingtao
05-05-2003, 06:39 PM
put everything back the way it was, now its working.... damn grimlins.

There is no difference in the setup now than before... ug

cavemanbob
05-05-2003, 06:45 PM
Odd, it could have something to do with the multiple processors, but I doubt it. I've never used windows with multiple processors, but my understanding is that it should work transparently. I'll google it anyway and see if anything pops up.

Tsingtao
05-05-2003, 06:57 PM
fyi, I only used my wifes computer to test the client. I am currently installing XP onto a p2-350 that will be used for the client exclusively.

As far as I know, the SMP feature of XP should be transparent to any program, unless its specificly written for SMP.