PDA

View Full Version : Nothing at all.

wand
05-07-2003, 05:49 PM
Greetings.

Just curious, is this supposed to work right now?

I got 2 xp comps. Installed everything by the book. Server reacts to the connection when I press GO on the client and the server also "Gets the pid" when I start playing, but nothing is displayed on the client. Nothing at all.

Any ideas? The .NET framework is installed on both computers.

Blind Aviator
05-08-2003, 05:01 AM
I am having the exact same problem...

Have 2 identical machines here both running XP Pro with SP1a...

The server will show a connection from client but will do nothing else beyond that... Client window stays with a black background and never decodes anything...

I have the latest release of client & server.. Also have the .NET installed on both.... Also downloaded the INI file from a previous caveman post and dropped it into the server directory...

Any hints on how to solve the problem??

quackrabbit
05-08-2003, 05:49 AM
I tried 1.9b server and 1.12 client as well with no luck. I have xp server and win2k client. I did get a mob list - all the mobs were red, but the map showed nothing. I rolled back to the older version.

PopNFresh
05-08-2003, 07:08 AM
When I couldn't see anything but was getting the connect message, I had an extra level of map folders. You need maps in the map folder that is in the client directory.

I am not sure you are having the same problem, but that fixed it for me.

Pop

Dedpoet
05-08-2003, 08:17 AM
Also make sure you are running each application locally, not from mapped drives or UNC paths.

quackrabbit
05-08-2003, 04:25 PM
Ok, I totally deleted my install of myseq on both my EQ machine (xp pro) and my laptop (win2k). I have the latest .net framework for my laptop. 1.9a and 1.11 worked just fine before i deleted it.

I did a fresh install of 1.9b and 1.12 and about 50% of the time I get the following error:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at myseq.Form1.timer1_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr idEvent, IntPtr dwTime)

The other 50% of the time I get the all of the mobs in red and no map at all. The application is in c:\wseq\myseq and the maps are in c:\wseq\myseq\maps - no files are marked read only or anything crazy.

FYI, I have win2k at work and 1.12 seems to work fine on that PC. Both have win2k pro sp3 - all critical updates applied...

quackrabbit
05-08-2003, 05:46 PM
UPDATE! I've figured out my problem. If you try to start up myseq client for the very first time in a zone w/ out a map in the ./maps directory it pukes. That's how I fixed my problem.

Lyroschen
05-08-2003, 05:59 PM
Might be worth adding an error trap for missing maps.

cavemanbob
05-08-2003, 06:11 PM
Yes, I'll put a check in. I really should have earlier, but oh well.

Blind Aviator
05-08-2003, 09:06 PM
So far I have tried all the suggestions posted here without any results...

The client refuses to decode ANYTHING... It connects to the server but the background stays black with nothing showing...

The maps directory is only one deep and the zones I have been testing in are all present in that directory....

Any other suggestions??

Lyroschen
05-09-2003, 02:45 AM
Might be time for some basics, BA.

The current client zip file already has the maps in it. The current server zip file has the correct offset ini. Download each of these to the respective computers. Open the zip files and drag the folders out of the zip file onto your desktop. Open the server folder and launch myseqserverc.exe from there. Then, open the client folder, and launch the myseq.exe from there. Click on Options>>options and change the IP address to the correct address for the server machine (double-check that your server machine hasn't changed IP addresses).

Launch EQ and bring a character in, then click on GO on the client.

If this fails, it will tell us a lot about where the problem is, and more importantly where it isn't.

Blind Aviator
05-09-2003, 08:18 AM
Well I deleted both client & server directories, downloaded them again and set them up just as I had before...

Now suddenly it is working... No idea what (if anything) has changed but out of the blue it works...

I did nothing different for the 2nd download so not sure what changed to make it work... /shrug

Thx for all the input & the attempted help

Lyroschen
05-09-2003, 03:10 PM
Glad to know it's working. Based on what you had posted earlier, my guess is that you copied the wrong offsets. But, it's working now, and that's what matters.