PDA

View Full Version : Alerts - Still working right? Quick question

madmonk
01-17-2002, 02:14 PM
I am getting spawns in the Alert section of the spawn list meaning that I must have set them up right I am assuming.

However no warning beep? I turned sound device settings to 1 in showeq.conf to test if that would help nothing either.

1- How do you get a warning sound now? Has is been disabled?*
2- Also what happend to the flashing green circle around an alterted spawn?

I am using Redhat 7.2, and everything else is fine except that .

Thanks so much

(*side note)
Are sound cards working now with ShowEQ? I dont see the wav. files anywhere on my system that ShowEQ is defaulted to use?

:)

madmonk
01-17-2002, 02:47 PM
Was hoping to see this line in the ShowEQ.conf file to turn on beeps seems that is pre V4 line. Where else can beeps be enabled thanks !

Filters_SpawnFilterAudio 1

Just thought i would post that i tried looking for this. Hope someone can help me thanks again.

BlueAdept
01-17-2002, 04:32 PM
SEQ does not provide its own wave files. You have to get a wave file that you want, rename it to spawn.wave or the better method is to change the spawn.wave in the showeq.conf to /yourdir/your.wav (meaning the location of the wave file and the name of the wave file).

Then from the command prompt do
/usr/bin/esdplay /yourdir/your.wav

(again /yourdir/your.wav should be replaced with the wave file you want). You should hear your sound. If you do hear your sound and it exactly matches what you have in your conf file, you should now hear sound when you get an alert.

cjd1
01-18-2002, 08:52 AM
The alert audio commands are only done for spawns in the Locate section, I believe.

madmonk
01-19-2002, 04:11 PM
i tried putting a wav file called spawn.wav into /usr/bin/

so path would look like /usr/bin/spawn.wav

then i set the Showeq.conf file to read
for all spawn sounds

/usr/bin/esdplay /usr/bin/spawn.wav

in the filters.conf file i put

[Altert]
Mycharacter

When i bring up ShowEQ an altert is there for Mycharacter but no wav file is played

I did a test check by going into the terminal and typing
/usr/bin/esdplay /usr/bin/spawn.wav
and the sound plays! so my esdplay is working and the file is there...

I tried also putting into filters.conf
[Alert]
Mycharacter
[Locate]
Mycharacter

and dropping the wav file into root and the showeq directory for good messure.

I now get a blinking circle around Mychar as an altert but still no sound.

What am i doing wrong , filerspawnsound is set to 1 as well...

thanks for help this is driving me nuts.

madmonk
01-23-2002, 05:47 PM
what im doing wrong, is anyone getting sounds?

madmonk
01-24-2002, 03:33 PM
bump

Harg
01-25-2002, 05:09 PM
I have a bunch of stuff only under my [Alert] section and I do get the wave being played.

Somthing to try is to put somthing common in your alert section like skeleton. then watch the console for the alert messages and possible errors when it tryes to execute esdplay. Thats how i found i had the path to my wave wrong.

Double check the config options.