PDA

View Full Version : Windows or Linux?

To2ox
05-15-2003, 08:08 AM
A friend of mine have told me I need to run windows if I want to use seq, and the Linux version have been broken for a long time and will not work again. What is true?

showeqnewb
05-15-2003, 08:37 AM
Yes SEQ is broken.

Yes a windows eq version works (Myseq).

Choose as you like, the guys over at EQ pushed and pushed encryption and now a windows version is here and here to stay, i would guess.

showeqnewb
05-15-2003, 08:39 AM
I am personly going to sitck it out for the guys working on SEQ :)

Dedpoet
05-15-2003, 11:25 AM
I too am hopeful. I currently use MySEQ for Windows for short periods of time when I need it for something specific, and nothing at all the rest of the time. When Seq is fixed, I will go back to it full time.

exslam
05-15-2003, 01:35 PM
I've used both but god I pray for the day when seq goes Green! I've used/watched it progress for about 8 months now.. lol quit eq when it broke back in what was it Sept? then started back up in Nov lol just cant quit addictions that easily :(

MySEQ is ok, but i still prefer Seq hands down

fuqjak
05-15-2003, 01:49 PM
Subject says it all - ShowEQ is SO much better than MySEQ but you sometimes you have to take what you can get - beggers can't be choosers.

MySEQ doesn't have anywhere near the options SEQ has not to mention I am guessing that MySEQ has a much higher possibility of gettting you banned but oh well - I gotta have my maps and spawns.

Fuqjak

Amadeus
05-15-2003, 04:55 PM
I'm convinced that SOE is full of people who enjoy pain. It's like a compulsion they have to battle the 'hackers', and they'll never win.

SOE: Somewhere, there will always be someone good enough to hack anything you do. My suggestion is to find a situation you can deal with and let it go. Personally, I think you had it better back last year when SEQ was linux only and MQ was almost dead....but, you had to challenge the hackers *sigh* ...only idiots challenge hackers. It's like telling your kids not to do something...the first thing they're going to want to do, is THAT! When, they probably wouldn't have cared much either way if you'd kept your mouth shut and left well enough alone.