PDA

View Full Version : Mode 2

lildr00d
05-16-2003, 01:09 AM
Have not heard much on this lately. Is there anyone currently working on a Mode 2 SEQ. I've noticed in the latest version of SEQ those functions were removed. Would be great to see both options available so when Sony changes things we can hopefully get a Mode 2 version back up and running while still working on a passive mode fix..

Just food for thought.

AnotherCoreDump
05-16-2003, 04:56 AM
You speak about the windows sniffer tool mode?
Won't help here, as the structures changed.

LordCrush
05-16-2003, 05:12 AM
From what i have read ... the decryption is still working, but OpCodes and data-Structures have changed. That means that the data SEQ is looking at does not contain the information that SEQ expects there.

fester
05-16-2003, 06:35 AM
For one thing, "mode 2" as you call it, is still in CVS.
If you wish it to return, that is a 10 minute task.

For another, as I understand, all but one flag is known. No one has stated the most recent patch changed things. I would suggest cvsuping to the newest revision and getting the libeq.cpp and decode.cpp from the new opcode discussion. Then proceed to exclude or figure out what opcodes with the newest flag do and/or map out all the old opcodes.

What is remaining is maybe 30 hours of work of 1 individual or 1 hours work each for 100 individuals. I would rather be 1/100.