PDA

View Full Version : ShowEQ Status Green as of 00:10 5/20/03 GMT, but get compile error

mudtoe
05-19-2003, 06:20 PM
Hi folks:

I just noticed that ShowEQ status is now green; however I'm getting a compile error right at the begining. I downloaded ShowEQ as of about 00:00 05/20/03 GMT, and did a clean compile (make -f Makefile.dist). The ./configure worked, but when I did the "make" I get an error that says:

No rule to make target 'm_libEQ.cpp', needed by 'all'. Stop.

This happens before it compiles any modules, and the make aborts. I looked in the doc directory to see if there were any new instructions, but I didn't find any. I'm using QT 3.0.5 under RH 8.

mudtoe

traveller888
05-19-2003, 07:03 PM
as per thread http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3471&perpage=15&pagenumber=3

if you touch libEQ.h fixed this problem for me

sorry following emails are correct libEQ.h that must be touched is in the /src directory

datadog
05-19-2003, 07:12 PM
what directory does this libEQ.h go in ?

After downloading a fresh cvs, i have a libeq.h (all lower case) in ~/showeq/src. It is 880bytes and dated Nov 19 09:43.

Does the new blank libEQ.h (mixed case version) go in ~/showeq or ~/showeq/src ?

Sorry, but this case thing has me perplexed...

fester
05-19-2003, 08:06 PM
I am not sure a "blank" libeq.h is needed as much as a libeq.h (880 bytes) with a date NEWER than libEQ.cpp.

TDES
05-19-2003, 09:58 PM
Same problems as listed above:

No rule to make target 'm_libEQ.cpp', needed by 'all'. Stop.

first tried touch seq/libEQ.h

then copied contents of /seq/showeq/src libeq.h into /seq/libEQ.h (so file size same, date new)

then moved file from /seq to /seq/showeq

also tried pigs suggestion of editing /src/makefile however all instances of packet.cpp had libeq.cpp already there

trying .. but really confused ....

<edit>

ok ... apparently the libEQ.h file needs to be in the /src directory

knew once I posted I'd figure it out .... /sigh

Surak
05-19-2003, 10:25 PM
Thanks for your replies, it got me through the same problem, nice to see helpful messages on this board for a change.

make sure that libEQ.h in the /src folder is named with EQ in upper case.

Circles
05-20-2003, 02:45 PM
just so no one else gets confused, remember to do a make clean if the build fails. in my own newbieness i immediatly tried to make agian after renaming the file only to have it fail agian.

edit: i spoke too soon, turns out my second build failed... packet.cpp is looking for hte lowercase named file. i solved this problem by copying hte file and having one with both names avalible. build completely this time