PDA

View Full Version : PHP EQ Server Status Script

Ratt
05-19-2003, 10:01 PM
I'm attaching a PHP version of the Server Status script. I've never seen one out there. This one I am attaching is NOT what is used here on PSEQ... but since there was no PHP version, I decided to write one just to see if it works :)

I believe you need PHP version 4.3.0 or greater.

I'll answer what questions I can. Do not remove the copyright information, however, if you use this script on your website.

Get it here: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/seq/eqss.php?download

sequser0067
05-19-2003, 10:29 PM
thanks ratt been trying to write one myself got it almost done but a few bugs are in it maybe this one will help me fix mine

Ratt
05-19-2003, 11:25 PM
Forgot to mention... as I said in the other thread:

Rallos Zek is NOT reported correctly from status.everquest.com ... there is NOTHING to be done about it until SOE fixes it.

The same goes for the missing servers. They are missing from the status, not from any scripts... this script will automatically add new servers as they are added to status.everquest.com ... however, SOE seems to have forgotten about the server and has not updated it in forever.

Dedpoet
05-20-2003, 05:55 AM
Thanks, Ratt. I have been looking for one of these myself. I've seen some out there, but none of them did exactly what I want and my PHP skills are currently in development :-)

Those of you who are looking at this and don't want the MySQL output, make sure you comment out the following 2 lines or you'll get an error while running the script:

// mysql_connect($dbinfo[host], $dbinfo[user], $dbinfo[pass]) or die
('I cannot connect to the database');
// mysql_select_db($dbinfo[name]);

I tried to wrap an "if" statement around this, but apparently I'm a moron.

LordCrush
05-20-2003, 06:12 AM
The Euro-Servers Kael, Sebilis and Venril belong to UBI Soft Europe and it seems that SoE does not do anything about them ... btw EQIM is not working on that servers too :mad: ...

Tardiss
05-21-2003, 01:03 AM
Can't seem to download it. Says it isn't there.

Cheers

guice
05-21-2003, 11:20 AM
Excellent Ratt. I was looking for something like this and you're right; there isn't any out there for some reason, but they are all over the websites.

Thanks Ratt!

Tardiss
05-21-2003, 08:48 PM
Ok, I finally got the eqss.php file and uploaded it to my website, that runs postnuke and php. I tried to load that page up directly from the browser but it didn't do anything. I just got a blank white page. I did '//' the mysql part that allows it to connect to the mysql server but it doesn't seem to make any html pages. Is there a trick or something to get this to work?

Cheers

Ratt
05-21-2003, 10:19 PM
The download should be working now... I reuploaded the file.

As for your problem, Tardiss, who knows.. it could be anything with the information you've given.

I'd say, chances are, you have a version less than 4.3.0 of PHP.

Hannibal
05-23-2003, 09:17 AM
Tardiss -

Make sure you compiled PHP to support sockets. (--enable-sockets)

sequser0067
05-23-2003, 08:56 PM
to get it to work with a version of php < 4.3

change
socket_set_option(

to
socket_setopt(

that is what I did and it worked np

junk
05-23-2003, 09:11 PM
Make sure you compiled PHP to support sockets. (--enable-sockets)

If you're hosting the script on someone else's machine (a hosting provider, for example), they may not have sockets compiled into PHP. And chances are you're not going to be able to convince them to recompile PHP just for you. =) My provider doesn't have socket support compiled into PHP, which I found out after developing a script a lot like this one for myself (I basically ported a pre-existing perl script). But it was a nice learning experience.

(Edit: this one was developed with PHP 4.2.2)

Mapfiend
05-24-2003, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by guice
Excellent Ratt. I was looking for something like this and you're right; there isn't any out there for some reason, but they are all over the websites.

Thanks Ratt!

I think a lot of these sites are using my script. I wrote a php and a pl version some time ago before they removed the players-per-server stat, and released them. They are available on my site.
When Ratt wrote this, however, my site had been down for a LONG time.

Mapfiend
05-24-2003, 02:23 AM
hmmm, for some reason, as of this post, my script is reporting Rallos Zek as down, while the one here is reporting it as up. Is this one using the UDP connection to the status server?

Elyon
05-24-2003, 02:41 AM
From a few posts above yours, Mapfiend:

"Forgot to mention... as I said in the other thread:

Rallos Zek is NOT reported correctly from status.everquest.com ... there is NOTHING to be done about it until SOE fixes it.

The same goes for the missing servers. They are missing from the status, not from any scripts... this script will automatically add new servers as they are added to status.everquest.com ... however, SOE seems to have forgotten about the server and has not updated it in forever."

Mapfiend
05-24-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Elyon
The same goes for the missing servers. They are missing from the status, not from any scripts... this script will automatically add new servers as they are added to status.everquest.com ... however, SOE seems to have forgotten about the server and has not updated it in forever."

Yeah, I knew about this part, my script only reports what the status server tells it (which is why it still works, despite it being over a year old), just must have missed the part about Rallos Zek :)

PLADIR
08-08-2003, 04:20 AM
Looks like this script is not working anymore :( Or else SOE is not updating the server status... During last patch the script was showing servers up and they were not at all ...

( Sorry Ratt for the PM, Search is your friend :) )

Mr. Suspicious
08-08-2003, 06:19 AM
Looks like this script is not working anymore Or else SOE is not updating the server status...

SOE is not updating the server status

guice
09-01-2003, 05:09 PM
Has the status server changed? I'm not getting updates anymore, however the version on this site works.

I attempted to connect to it myself, only to get connection timed out:
[t3]gpcentre/$ telnet status.everquest.com 24252
Trying 64.37.148.131...
telnet: connect to address 64.37.148.131: Connection timed out

junk
09-01-2003, 10:53 PM
I attempted to connect to it myself, only to get connection timed out:
[t3]gpcentre/$ telnet status.everquest.com 24252
Trying 64.37.148.131...
telnet: connect to address 64.37.148.131: Connection timed out

You wouldn't be able to connect via telnet, it's UDP only. Go here (http://eqlive.station.sony.com/support/tech_support/ts_status_protocol.jsp) to read up on the protocol they use for the status server.

guice
09-02-2003, 09:55 AM
bleh, everything they do is UPD.

Alright, no biggy, but might I ask why isn't my Server Stats script working anymore then. ;)

junk
09-03-2003, 12:11 AM
Post the source so we can take a look at it. :) Or is it Ratt's or my script? Details, bro. ;)

guice
09-03-2003, 10:08 AM
Bleh! Details are for the weak. You're suppose to have that ESP junks and stuffs. Don't all us techies have it? :p

Using Ratt's script. Slightly modified to lessen things and fixing several PHP warnings.

Everything worked until about the time of the last patch. Just before that Test server was showing Down all the time. Now the normal servers do.

$status_host = "status.everquest.com";
$status_port = 24252;

Attached is the source code that I use.

I just retested Ratt's script that's posted here, to make sure I'm not flanking anything, and it doesn't work either. So makes me think I need to change something to accomodate to the last patch.

Ratt
09-05-2003, 12:33 AM
Please remember, that the eqss.php script is NOT the same script that's running on this site.

The server status script that's running on this site is totally and completely different than the eqss script.

lostcarrier
11-07-2003, 03:33 PM
Sorry to be a pest, but does anyone have a working version of this script? I've used what meager knowledge I have in an attempt to discern why it's not working, but it appears to jive with what's on the EQlive help information regarding this subject. Perhaps someone who maintains the working status information on this site (cough) might be able to assist me. :) Thanks in advance.

Mapfiend
11-07-2003, 10:37 PM
SOE has stopped updating the status server, so technically, most of the scripts/apps out there ARE working correctly, reporting exactly what the SOE status server shows.

I have SEVERAL requests in to different people at SOE, and the only response I have gotten so far is "We'll look into it"

lostcarrier
11-08-2003, 06:29 AM
Ok, thanks for your response :)

spunky
11-08-2003, 09:50 PM
Is there any way we can get the code that is used on this site? It appears to be working... It's working righty? Have I been fooled again?

-Spunky the Super Squirrel