PDA

View Full Version : Kicked to desktop

Chuin
05-21-2003, 03:48 PM
From scanning the boards, I guess I am the only person who is crashing out of SEQ back to the desktop?

I have a fresh install of RH 8 and the newest CVS from this morning, 05/21. I tweeked a few file names to get the compile to complete. I didn't do a new make -f Makefile.dist after the name tweeks, does this matter? I have nothing to lose so will try again from scratch....

Chuin

Jel321
05-21-2003, 04:16 PM
Seg faulting on zones.

Red Hat 9 here. Gonna go back to 7.2 and see if it cleans itself up

fester
05-21-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Jel321
Seg faulting on zones.

One thing I noticed, is that if you do not "make install", showeq would segfault while attaching to eth1 (works on eth0). Installing the new files cleaned up the problem.

Deminq
05-22-2003, 03:43 AM
I'm also getting the CTD when entering Burning Woods. Loads the maps, then the filters, then seg faults to desktop. Made distclean, and recompiled with no errors. Works fine in other zones I've been in, but BW bombs out.

edit:
decoding 0x5254 with 0x14451ce8
clean uncompress on 0x1254:
Loaded map: '/usr/local/share/showeq/BurningWood.map'
No Zone Specific filter file '/usr/local/share/showeq/filters_burningwood.conf'.
Loading default '/usr/local/share/showeq/filters.conf'.
decoding 0x5189 with 0xd90c375d
clean uncompress on 0x1189:
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

If that helps any. I replaced my RAM thinking the seg faults may have been caused by that, but still CTD afterwards with same error.

Bubba69
05-23-2003, 02:03 PM
I am gettin the same exact problem, it happens on some zones and not others. I have tried several fresh installs of RH 7.2 and seq and nothing seems to fix it. I have also tried the install on a 2nd cpu and same thing. Any help would be appreciated, keep up the great work!

baelang
05-23-2003, 08:11 PM
remove your preferences file in /usr/local/share/showeq/ or wherever.

Jel321
05-23-2003, 09:56 PM
Thanks Bae :)

Edit: Hmm well, seemed to work for one night, but its seg faulting again.

Jel321
05-26-2003, 11:50 AM
This is what i see on a seg....

Filtering packets on device eth0, searching for EQ client...
Running without libEQ.a linked in.
Loading filters from '/usr/local/share/showeq/filters.conf'
No Zone Specific filter file '/usr/local/share/showeq/filters_unknown.conf'.
GuildMgr: WARNING - could not load guildsfile, /usr/local/share/showeq/guilds2.dat
Categories Reloaded
Error opening map file '/usr/local/share/showeq/unknown.map'!
Opcode Logging Mask: 0 0 0
Client Detected: 192.168.123.100
WARNING: CharProfileCode (006b) (dataLen:3926 != sizeof(charProfileStruct):14302)!
Player::backfill():
Loaded map: '/usr/local/share/showeq/Misty.map'
No Zone Specific filter file '/usr/local/share/showeq/filters_misty.conf'.
Segmentation fault

Repard
05-28-2003, 01:25 PM
Unfortunately I am getting the same thing. Anytime I zone I get a seg fault. I have reloaded rh8, rh7.2, rh7.3. I have seq loaded and running but anytime I zone I get the fault. This is the first time I've had a problem getting it to work or finding a solution that works for my situation. I've searched and tried all the fixes but nothing seems to work. Any ideas would be helpful. If I need to supply any more information let me know and I will post as much as I can find.

Jel321
05-28-2003, 02:50 PM
Do you see this?

WARNING: CharProfileCode (006b) (dataLen:3926 != sizeof(charProfileStruct):14302)!

Have you tried with more than 1 char to see if they get the same seg fault.

I'm guessing that certain chars have a more severe reaction to the above tha others and thats probably whats causing the seg....

If im right, its bad cuz that struct looks pretty hefty.....

Repard
05-28-2003, 03:09 PM
I'm at work atm so I can't check that but I will when I get home. I have tried with different characters though. My main which is fully loaded and a new character that has nothing or only a couple items.

Jel321
05-29-2003, 12:55 PM
This was posted to another thread about the seg faulting. Just wanted to give a heads up to the people who are having the problem and trying to follow this thread looking for a solution.

I havn't fixed the player structure yet.
The crash when processing the player packet is because I didn't clean that struct up yet. sorry.

It's just random luck as to (probably) what is in your inventory when you zone.

Instead of fixing the struct, I just padded it out to the right length.

Most of the data is correct (exp, name, spawnId,skills, etc).

The stuff that is wrong (INT,WIS,STR,etc) is just hitting an invalid value and blowing up.

I'll try to clean it up tonight. It's a big friggin packet, so no promises.

-piggy

codepig666
05-29-2003, 10:25 PM
grab the packet structure for the player profile that I posted in the development section and see if it helps.

-piggy

unknown_errors
06-09-2003, 07:41 PM
[root@ip68-108-53-254 src]# ./showeq
ShowEQ 4.3.8, released under the GPL.
SINS 0.5, released under the GPL.
All ShowEQ source code is Copyright (C) 2000, 2001, 2002 by the respective ShowEQ Developers
Binary distribution without source code and resale are explictily NOT authorized by ANY party.
If you have paid for this software in any way, shape, or form, the person selling the
software is doing so in violation of the express wishes and intents of the authors of this product.

Please see http://seq.sourceforge.net for further information

Using config file '/usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.xml'
Unable to open file: /usr/local/share/showeq/seqdef.xml!
Unable to open file: /usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.xml!
Disabling decoder due to missing libEQ.a
***DECRYPTION DISABLED***

Decoder has been manually disabled by either -b, the BrokenDecode option,
or a missing libEQ.a library.

(There should be a more detailed message above)
Listening for first client seen.
Initializing Packet Capture Thread:
Filtering packets on device eth0, searching for EQ client...
Running without libEQ.a linked in.
Loading filters from '/usr/local/share/showeq/filters.conf'
No Zone Specific filter file '/usr/local/share/showeq/filters_unknown.conf'.
GuildMgr: WARNING - could not load guildsfile, /usr/local/share/showeq/guilds2.dat
Categories Reloaded
Error opening map file '/usr/local/share/showeq/unknown.map'!
Opcode Logging Mask: 0 0 0
Client Detected: 68.108.53.254
Player::backfill():
Error opening map file '/usr/local/share/showeq/poknowledge.map'!
No Zone Specific filter file '/usr/local/share/showeq/filters_poknowledge.conf'.

i get the fualt right before i zone into to ANY zone. anyone have any clever ideas ?

unknown_errors
06-09-2003, 08:05 PM
shoeq was looking in the wrong dir for the maps fixed that same error loaded up for about 5 secs then crashed to desktop.

Jel321
06-11-2003, 06:57 AM
i get the fualt right before i zone into to ANY zone. anyone have any clever ideas ?

There are some threads on the dev board about this. It seems to be related to the character struct/packet. It was not totally 100% fixed from the last big seq downtime. It works well enough for most people, but some are having the issue you describe above.

It's most likely not your machine/setup thats causing the error. Be patient and hope for a fix. I

Repard
06-11-2003, 10:24 AM
I figgured out the problem I was having. When I set the PVP Diety tag I would get kicked to desktop. I don't know if that helps anyone but that was what kicked me. I would always set all my preferences before I started playing for the first time so I didn't realize it was just that. Took off that check and it works killer now.

Archaeopteryx
06-11-2003, 11:49 AM
I deleted showeq.xml and manually punch in the network options and it works fine, the second i save prefernces ... seg fault.

mudtoe
06-11-2003, 03:34 PM
I just started getting the seg fault today as well. Funny thing was that when I started today it worked fine. I zoned several times. However, when I was finished and went to zone back to PoK it crashed, and has crashed every time I've tried to zone at all ever since. I tried moving stuff around in inventory, and sold most of the loot I had picked up, but nothing seemed to fix it. I did pick up a nodrop item during the session that I still have, so I can't say my inventory is exactly the same as it was before. I also leveled while in the last zone I was in before it started crashing, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not.

mudtoe

guice
06-11-2003, 07:31 PM
It seems to be only happening in PoP zones for me. (nix that, Happened in the Nexus. Recompiling the CVS. We'll see if that fixes it. I noticed a couple files downloaded)

On top of that, I'm taking years zoning thru pop zones.

Thom_Merrilin
06-12-2003, 06:52 AM
It might help if ya check out the latest patch info in the dev section...

Take a look over here:
http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3627

Changes worked for me... but be sure to comment if your results vary.

Ice
06-12-2003, 07:34 AM
Is that in the CVS yet ?

Thom_Merrilin
06-12-2003, 08:45 AM
not yet... but submitted as a patch already.

fuqjak
06-12-2003, 09:10 AM
http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3627

Fuqjak

Thom_Merrilin
06-12-2003, 09:16 AM
Thanks for the redundancy...

Look up 4 posts from this one.