PDA

View Full Version : CVS Down?

Raistlin
05-22-2003, 11:07 AM
Getting login aborted: recv() from server cvs.seq.sourceforge.net: EOF

Any ideas what's going on?

I"m about to do a search for fixes or whatnot so feel free to simply post "search moron" back...:) (But only if I can find it via search...:) )

--Raistlin

Sparkz
05-22-2003, 11:16 AM
:) Just wanted to say that I am getting that same error ... :confused:

ncornu
05-22-2003, 11:52 AM
same error for me

Xith
05-22-2003, 04:12 PM
I am guessing that you are following the instructions for Installing on Redhat 8 where it reads incorrectly, you need to login to cvs like this:

export CVSROOT=:pserver:[email protected] :/cvsroot/seq
cvs login

GL

Xith

Edit: Oops, had to disable stupid arse smiles. Also, note that the code above is two separate lines.

05-22-2003, 04:37 PM
actually im using the "showeq Faq" and it says:2.5 - Where/How do I download ShowEQ?
Make sure you are logged in as the user 'root'. From a terminal window type the following, pressing the return key when prompted for a password (it is blank):
# cd /
# cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq login
Logging in to :pserver:[email protected]:2401/cvsroot/seq
CVS password:
# cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq co showeq
This will download the source and maps for ShowEQ into the directory "showeq" where ever you ran the command from (usually ~/).
but when i do this i get this error: cvs checkout: authorization failed: server cvs.seq.sourceforge.net rejected access to /cvs/seq for user anoymous cvs checkout: used empty password: try "cvs login" with a real password so whats up ? do we now need a password ? ? ? :confused:

Raistlin
05-23-2003, 09:13 AM
Ok, the CVS problem I mentioned is easily searchable (yes, searchable, just search for the error message...I think I used cvs login aborted...or something like that) and the basic gist of it is too many people trying to do something with cvs, so it says "nope, can't do that".

Just try again and eventually it'll work.

The commands to run are:

cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq login
<hit enter at the password prompt>

When you DON"T get the connection refused/EOF error, then you're logged in.

Do the standard:

cvs -d:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq co showeq

Followed by

cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq update -P

Finally:

cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq logout

There are no passwords needed, and you just need to keep trying your command till it works basically.

--Raistlin

edit: The info from teh previous poster saves you some typing by exporting CVSROOT you don't need to use the -d:pserver:... stuff anymore.

by exporting CVSROOT you'd just run

cvs login
<at password prompt ht enter>
cvs co showeq
cvs update -P
cvs logout

Xith
05-24-2003, 03:57 PM
binary head, I already solved your problem. READ my damn post and try it before posting! (except that my :p was replaced with smiley icon). There is nothing wrong with CVS, and there is no password needed. Like I said, you have to type the right thing. (there goes any impression of me being patient or friendly)

Xith