PDA

View Full Version : Not getting any packets?

afk123
01-18-2002, 09:34 PM
First of all thank everyone for contributing in helping newbies like me to install Showeq.. it installed perfectly ;) but now i can't recieve any packets...

Here is my configuration..

Running Redhat 7.2

I have a Linksys 4 port router which is acting as DHCP server to assign ip to my Window machine and my Linux machine.

ex:

Linksys router using ip 192.168.1.1
Windows using ip 192.168.1.2
Linux using ip 192.168.1.3

so i edit the showeq.conf and enter the ip of the windows machine to the ip section but i don't konw if that is right.. since i am not getting any packets.

I can ping the router and the windows machine using linux so i know i have a network connection.

Any help would be appreciated =)

Continue with the great job everyone! It's all about sharing information hehe.. hope i get this working soon cause it took a hell long to compile everything.

Thanks!

casey
01-18-2002, 10:00 PM
your router is probably switching traffic on the ethernet ports, and you cannot sniff packets across switched ports.

get a cheap hub and plug the EQ and SEQ box to that, and then plug the hub into teh switch. Also, make sure teh EQ and SEQ box both are operating at the same speed ethernet on the hub (both 100 or both 10)

afk123
01-19-2002, 09:35 PM
Hooked up my hub to the router and it works fine! Thanks Casey =)

As always.. i run into other problems hehe, I notice that certain NPC/Mobs don't show their loots, for example the Ghoul Lord in Guk has no INFO on loot and he either drops SSB or Yak but it wasn't shown, and also a Luclin mob that showed it had a Defiance and i knew it was too good to be true but i killed it anyways and it had some crappy weapon. HP display is also wrong on NPCs/Mobs.

Another thing i was wondering is should the NPCs/Mobs show loot INFO on gems and spells? Cause i don't see those either.

Thanks!

casey
01-20-2002, 04:53 AM
1) EQ does not send loot to the client until you actually loot, so showeq will never tell you what a mob drops, only what it is visibly carrying/wearing (so the client knows what to draw)

2) mob hp is a percentage, and only valid when you get close to it.

so you didnt run into any problems, thats just the way it works (and BTW, both of these questions are answered in the handy file named FAQ that came with showeq)