PDA

View Full Version : RH9 and Showeq Instructions

Magnakai
05-25-2003, 11:53 PM
I, being a noob have spent all weekend and finally figured it out! So here is what I did for all you noobs out there who don't know RH that well either. I started with a fresh install of RH9.
start the terminal
Use the file explorer to create the seq folder
then create the showeq folder inside of the seq folder
go back to the terminal
type "cd /seq/showeq"

type "cvs :pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq login"

type "cvs -z3 update"

type "cvs :pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq logout"

type "export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt-3.1"
type "make -f Makefile.dist"
type"./configure"
type "make && make install"

Please remember that Unix is case sensitive. This worked for me with a fresh clean install and I hope it saves your weekend for actual game time instead of a weekend of frustration. Oh, and thank you to everyone with instruction post because without them I would have never figured it out!

Elyon
05-26-2003, 12:04 AM
You don't need the export for the qt, V9 comes with QT 3.11 and works right out of the box...
and you r -dserver is actually :pserver (thats colonpserver) incase the : doesn't show up :D

Magnakai
05-28-2003, 06:18 PM
Everywhere I read had the exports listed and it made figuring it out even more confusing. Thanks for the corrections and the shortcuts. Us noob's just struggle our way through it and when we find something that works we are to busy actually using it we don't stop sometimes and ask why?!

sequser0067
05-30-2003, 01:03 PM
with redhat9.0 full install there is nothing that needs to be added

this is a small script i use so i dont have to keep typing everything.

just name the script whatever you want chmod it to have execute bit set
#########################################
cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq login
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq co showeq
cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq logout

cd ./showeq/src

cp libeq.h libEQ.h

cd ..

make -f Makefile.dist

./configure

make

make install
#######################################

If i spent the time to add in some stop gap measure the script would be better but if there is a major issues with configure/make/make install then this script is no use anyway

what i did with this is in my root home dir I created a file called seqinstall.sh chmod it to 755 then ./seqinstall.sh

then hit enter for the pasword prompt and if everything goes well it will do everything for you.

unknown_errors
06-04-2003, 01:22 AM
does this same setup work with the newest ver of mandrake as well.