PDA

View Full Version : ? - uncompress failed on ...

WhoKnew
05-26-2003, 11:07 PM
Hey, I recently checked back and the current status was "Green", much to my joy! I have to wonder if this is for real though, because:

Old Setup:
mandrake8.1
qt2.3.2
showeq(forgot to even look at v)

New Setup:
mandrake8.1
qt3.1.1
showeq4.3.7

I got qt3.1.1 done just fine, no problems at all. I then tried to update my old showeq and compile and was told my libEQ was missing or out of date. I removed it since it says it doesnt require this file. Still said the same thing. I grabbed the current one in the files section and it compiled fine, but when running showeq nothing decoded.

So, I removed all my showeq and libEQ.a. I started clean, still said I was missing or out of date on libEQ. Do we need it or not? It says we dont, but I cant compile without it. I got libEQ.a again and compiled. Showeq is running and is visibly different then the old one, hurray! I am seeing activity to showeq, but when I zone I get these:
error: size > left (stuff in here that prob doesnt matter)
that line repeated 4 times, then:
uncompress failed on 0xa022: data error
over and over....

Searched for topics on this and found 3 old old ones that had no useful info. Any takers on my issue?

LordCrush
05-26-2003, 11:16 PM
I have the same problem ... atm its discussed in this Thread but no solution atm

http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3235&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

fester
05-27-2003, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by LordCrush
I have the same problem ... atm its discussed in this Thread but no solution atm

http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3235&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

LordCrush, I don't think the problem this person is having is the same as your problem.

This sounds like he downloaded the showeq4.3.7 tar ball.
For one thing, the newest version I have from CVS (on the 20th) is 4.3.8 and his post is on the 27th, so clearly he did not follow instructions. I would have ignored his post (and did so), but wanted to make sure you understand that the two issues are not related. His version should not work because his version is missing a great many changes.

I believe your problem is due to corruption of the data stream arriving on your showeq sniffer system. There are some easy edits you could make to re sync without a zone. If your interested in doing so, you can examine ChannelMessageCode opcodes. Look for packets with multiple ChannelMessageCode opcodes (and no other opcodes). When you see one look for the encryption key at byte 7 to 12. If the charname is much longer than 5, your chances diminish. It should be the clear XOR key (because ChannelMessageCode opcodes have 64 bytes of null at the beginning for the char name.) I used this method when the XOR blocking was introduced. Caveat emptor, this should still work, but I did not try it. You need a somewhat quiet game and two channel messages to arrive bundled. Not too difficult if you have two characters.

LordCrush
05-27-2003, 03:38 AM
Ahh ... i did not notice the versionnumber change right yet :)

-- Thanks

WhoKnew
05-27-2003, 11:35 AM
Correct, my problem is not the same as his.

In fact, I am glad that you bothered to reply with the simple statement that 4.3.8 is current version. I did in fact download the tarball as CVS was having issues for me...I must be mad to think the files section on the site would have the current version.

Dedpoet
05-27-2003, 12:01 PM
I must be mad to think the files section on the site would have the current version.

I'm not sure if you meant that sarcastically or not. The files section is usually up to date once the code has stabilized, but changes are being put in almost hourly right now. Having a tarball doesn't make much sense in times like this. Almost any project that uses CVS is like this.

TrainSpotter
05-27-2003, 04:34 PM
I have cvs'd ShowEQ many times, incase there was a updated code uploaded to the site. I got SEQ Compiling and running, but i continuously get the data error.

Even after zoning I still get that error.

SEQ doesnt even recognize (or update) anything, no spells, no spawn id's, not even that EQ is active on my other box.

Should I delete everything and start from scratch by DL'n and CVS'n everything? Would that have any effect on the program other than just CVS'ng over the old non-working code?