PDA

View Full Version : error on ./configure with qt-x11-free-3.1.1 with Redhat 8.0

randomtask789
05-29-2003, 07:12 PM
I am trying to configure qt-x11-free-3.1.1 and am recieving this error

DQT_NO_COMPONENT -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_COMPRESS -I/usr/qt-x11-free-3.1.1/mkspecs/linux-g++ /usr/qt-x11-free-3.1.1/src/tools/qstringlist.cpp
g++3 -c -o qmap.o -I. -Igenerators -Igenerators/unix -Igenerators/win32 -Igenerators/mac -I/usr/qt-x11-free-3.1.1/include/qmake -I/usr/qt-x11-free-3.1.1/include -I/usr/qt-x11-free-3.1.1/include -DQT_NO_TEXTCODEC -DQT_NO_UNICODETABLES -DQT_NO_COMPONENT -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_COMPRESS -I/usr/qt-x11-free-3.1.1/mkspecs/linux-g++ /usr/qt-x11-free-3.1.1/src/tools/qmap.cpp
g++3 -c -o qconfig.o -I. -Igenerators -Igenerators/unix -Igenerators/win32 -Igenerators/mac -I/usr/qt-x11-free-3.1.1/include/qmake -I/usr/qt-x11-free-3.1.1/include -I/usr/qt-x11-free-3.1.1/include -DQT_NO_TEXTCODEC -DQT_NO_UNICODETABLES -DQT_NO_COMPONENT -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_COMPRESS -I/usr/qt-x11-free-3.1.1/mkspecs/linux-g++ /usr/qt-x11-free-3.1.1/src/tools/qconfig.cpp
g++3 -o qmake project.o main.o makefile.o unixmake2.o unixmake.o borland_bmake.o msvc_nmake.o msvc_dsp.o msvc_vcproj.o option.o winmakefile.o projectgenerator.o metrowerks_xml.o pbuilder_pbx.o msvc_objectmodel.o qstring.o qtextstream.o qiodevice.o qglobal.o qgdict.o qcstring.o qdatastream.o qgarray.o qbuffer.o qglist.o qptrcollection.o qfile.o qfile_unix.o qregexp.o qgvector.o qgcache.o qbitarray.o qdir.o quuid.o qfileinfo_unix.o qdir_unix.o qfileinfo.o qdatetime.o qstringlist.o qmap.o qconfig.o
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lstdc++
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake: *** [qmake] Error 1
qmake failed to build. Aborting.

any ideas, I tried using search and could not find anything.

fester
05-29-2003, 08:32 PM
I decided to do a google search on this issue. The sixth item listed many ways to fix this problem. The URL contains "63", the poster's initials are S H, and his phone number starts with 4 and ends with 7.

Since I found an answer so fast, I can only suggest re-reading the INSTALL file and make sure your system satisfies all the requirements.

AnotherCoreDump
06-02-2003, 03:07 AM
Fester at his best again, eh? :)
From the look at it, ld.config probem, but didn't really look at it.

user387
06-02-2003, 05:49 AM
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lstdc++
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

hmmm... what does the error tell you??

cannot find -lstdc++

gee, looks like it is missing the stdc++ library.